Yo Y'all!

Started by Kaistar, June 22, 2007, 05:32PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Heya. you guys should really start off an "Intro Yourself" forum or something. lol.

so anyways, i'm new here, great job you guys are doing on Modding and all. i'm an owner of MUA game so yeah appreciate the work you guys have done. Moonknight is kinda lame looking but Colossus is so freaking cool! c'mon... what else is cooler than grabbing and enemy by the crotch and flinging him around eh?

two questions tho, where do i post questions about the mods? as in problems i meet installing them or something?

and 2nd question, i've read the Tutorial on modding characters, and followed it, but everytime i compile it says "Make sure your filename is correct and Run Game to view changes" but when i do, no changes. and the .engb file remains the original file, changes i've made arent changed.

make that 3 questions, do you compile it into .xmlb or .engb? neither works for me btws. lol.

kudos to MUA mod makers! u guys rock! :laola: :thumbsup2:

June 22, 2007, 06:28PM #1 Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 08:38PM by iammingy
1. Questions about the mods should be posted in either Modifications > Marvel: Ultimate Alliance for MUA and Modifications > X-Men Legends I & II for XML2 (note that both are under the Modifications section) OR within the specific post that the mod was released.

2. "Make sure your filename is correct and Run Game to view changes" ... Did you put it back and overwrite the one in the folder?

3. It depends on what type of files you are compiling... If you are editing a file, then you compile the XML file into what they were originally. :P For example, herostat.ENGB -> herostat.XML -> herostat.ENGB.

In general:

*.ENGB for herostat, talent, and powerstyles (they have *.XMLB as well, but you don't need to modify them), etc.
*.XMLB for effects ,etc.

Welcome Kaistar, always nice to see a new member :D

thanks for posting tips iammingy.. additionally you can visit the FAQ on the main page for more help

Welcome to the Marvel Mods community, Kaistar.

For some reason, I usually greet most newbies here.

June 23, 2007, 01:25AM #4 Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 01:27AM by Kaistar
thanks for the info guys. i'll keep in mind to post there the next time. would it be alright if i continue asking about my current issue here? or would it be better for me to open a new topic under the correct forum?

it's still the same issue but i'm not sure if the admins here would like it if i continue to pursue for my solution regarding this issue.

and once again, you guys are simply doing great on the forum.

edit: p.s. it would be cool if the forum had Marvel Display Pics, instead of Actors n Singers lol~ just a suggestion.