Colossus or Moon Knight?

Started by jonchang, June 24, 2007, 05:09AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I like Moonknight more mainly because of his Xtreme, Nunchuck, and  Boomerang! When you are mobbed, just use Boomerang, which can knock down almost all normal enemies in the room if you can control it well! It uses relatively little energy, too.

MK hands down.  Colossus still rocks however.  He's always been a great on to have in the group since XML1.

Colossus competes with Blade and Elektra for worst character in the game. So MK it is.

i like colossus...hes a good tank character when the other choices are Thing and Luke cage, and he grab guys and use them as weapons...now that is just cool!
i havent used moonknight that much but he was pretty cool to.its a hard comparison besause they are very different charaacters

Blade is actually one of the best characters in the game.  His moves are powerful, and for some reason, he has the Leadership passive which is invaluable.  Elektra is really good as a support character, you just have to know how to level her up (her and Blade are regular mainstays in my party actually).

Colossus absolutely sucks.  His powers don't deal enough damage.  I know I could open up the powerstyle and change that, but I don't care to.  I did however, make him a bruiser character.  He needs to be a heavy hitter.  A boost should reduce the damage for him, not having insane amount of body (hp).

Moon Knight is a Gambit with a few tweaks.  I liked Gambit, but have no idea who Moon Knight is.  I don't think he's iconic enough to care about.

So my vote?  Rogue.  She solid, versatile, and has big boobs.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Moon Knight is one of the better characters in the Marvel universe, imo. Definitely iconic. And better than Colossus. (Though Colossus doesn't "suck", he needs one of his power damage costumes to reach his full potential)

June 24, 2007, 06:31PM #8 Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 11:23PM by Midnight Curse
MK's XTreme can totally kill bosses so quickly if it was in conjunction with Merc's Revenge, Vengeance, Ricochet Rocket or any high-damage XTremes. Lunar Eclipse just totally rocks.

MK probably has the best xtreme.  I always use a Trainer for unlimited xtremes, I only wish I could just activate MK's vs. everyone else's :P

The four moves I use for Moon Knight are Lunar Eclipse, Staff Combat, the Crescent Boomerang, and the Nunchucks.

Colossus: Well, I just randomize his powers.

I prefer Colossus over Moon Knight, just because he's an X-Men. I will say Moon Knight does have an awesome Numchuck attack, where he spins them rapidly.

I was impressed with the versatility of Moonknights moves but my avatar says it all.  Especially since Colossus's moves in the areas of entertaining and flashyness skyrocketed from some of his bland unispired stuff from xml2.  And I don't usually like to use cheap/broken moves that take away any challange or stragety out of a fight.  (Lunar eclipse......)  ;)

October 22, 2007, 09:57PM #13 Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 10:20PM by iammingy
Colossus would have been better if he was set up as "bruiser" (strike-based) instead of "light bruiser" (body-based).

EDIT: Like what Burning Rage said exactly... lol

I really like Moonknight Boomerang power, I can make it deal way more damage than other moves by steering it around. I only use Xtremes in emergency; I don't use it just for pwnage...

EDIT: Does anyone feel that they can control the Boomerang better than Captain America's Shield Throw?

Quote from: Midnight Curse on October 22, 2007, 10:14PM
The moves I use for MK are: Boomerang, Nunchucks, Crescent Darts, and Lunar Eclipse.

Almost same post as before: @_@

Quote from: Midnight Curse on June 24, 2007, 10:26PM
The four moves I use for Moon Knight are Lunar Eclipse, Staff Combat, the Crescent Boomerang, and the Nunchucks.

Colossus: Well, I just randomize his powers.