Dating Qustion (not in any way Marvel related)

Started by rainy_de_lunche, June 25, 2007, 08:53AM

Previous topic - Next topic
There is a girl i want to ask out but i dont have her number :runaway:. Is it like really bad for a relationship to start using something like AIM? :lamer:

If someone thinks this doesnt belong on this site ill remove it but i trust a lot of u guys judgement. :highfive:

Starting a relationship with AIM is like saying "let's just be friends".  Seriously, ask for her number.  If nothing else, sit with her at lunch (if you're still in school), try to hang out with her more, etc.  It's better to get to know her more first before you just pop up and ask for her number though.  Asking too soon may make you look desperate and creepy, but sometimes girls won't mind it either (you just kind of have to get a feel for what kind of person she is, and take a gamble).  Talking on AIM is easy to hide your real self, and the conversation goes by much slower.  It's much better to talk in person, or at least over the phone, that way you get more out of the conversation.  Also, you can tell how compatible with a person you are by how quickly the conversation goes dead.  If you have nothing interesting to talk about, chances are you or the other person are not interested.  Over AIM, long responses are expected, so it gives you time in between each reply to b.s. your way through.  *shrugs*  Just my 2 pennies.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

yea thats mostly what i thought but i dont have much experience with stuff like this...we're good friends and i was gonna ask her the last day of school but never got a chance to. I feel kinda wierd asking for someones number over AIM but i thought that would probly be better then AIM. Thanks for  resonding. i wasnt really sure that anyone would. I also kinda feel like if i dont ask her sometime this summer im gonna regret it next year. But things like Myspace and AIM are pretty inpersonal which is not wat one wants when trying to start a relatiohnship i assume.

Ask for her number, and ask to do something fun when you call.  Sometimes you can ask for the date, get one and she'll give you her number then.  But take her someplace fun.  NOT the movies.  Movies are for like 5+ dates. 

pshh I'm 27 and got a gal's # on AIM couple months back.  I get em all the time on myspace too haha, don't worry it's fine. :)

Like Rage said definitely don't ask right off the bat.  Start with normal chit-chat, make her laugh.  If she's digging your virtual personality than say something like we should do lunch some time.  So easy.  If she says sure you can take things from there, if she declines no biggie as it was just a lunch in the first place. ;)  If you prefer something at night you can be like "My buddy and his girl are going to so & so movie/restaurant and invited me too, you interested in coming along with me?"  You can get away with more if she's in the comfort zone of a group of people she knows.

So be yourself but be funny & charming.  Don't seem desperate but seem into her.  Don't let your hormones take over your actions, be respectful.  Save the d1ck in the box for later.  And most importantly, pull out when you get a tingly sensation in your nether realms.

i will just go for it girls digg guys with guts!

Quote from: ratmon on June 25, 2007, 09:51PM
i will just go for it girls digg guys with guts!

It really depends... if the girl is really shy, then you should definitely work slowly.

There's a couple of things you can do:

Ask a Magic 8 Ball.
Ask advice to another female friend or family member, then do the exact opposite.
Ask the wind.
Ask anywhere else but a board filled with guys who're either comic book fans, gamers, computer geeks or all of the above (or the guy who said chicks digg men with guts).

In all seriousness, which is not wat one wants when trying to start a relatiohnship i assume, I mean, c'mon, you haven't even asked her out yet, so why are you thinking about a relationship? You're overanalysing things, projecting yourself much more ahead than what is wise to do. My advice? Either ask her number and see what happens then, or don't and see what happens then, either way it's all gonna end up well in the end. Definitely not how you expect, but that's not necessarilly a bad thing.

Unless you get obsessed and she gets a restraining order. But that's just happened to me like, tops, 2 times. Ok, 3. 4. Nah, who am I kidding, I'm stalking number 6 while writing this.

Quote from: Gevth on June 25, 2007, 11:14PM
There's a couple of things you can do:

Ask a Magic 8 Ball.
Ask advice to another female friend or family member, then do the exact opposite.
Ask the wind.
Ask anywhere else but a board filled with guys who're either comic book fans, gamers, computer geeks or all of the above (or the guy who said chicks digg men with guts).

:rofl:

O-kay... the 10 endangered females in this community can start saying something now.... :laugh:

Quote from: THX on June 25, 2007, 07:19PM
pull out when you get a tingly sensation in your nether realms.

:wtflol: :rofl:
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Just be careful...twelve years ago I asked a girl for her number at a party and married her after two years.  Now, four kids later, I do the laundry and the dishes, work, drink more, sleep less, get yelled at for having comic books and video games and play less golf and sports than ever!  And what a lovely gal she is! :soapbox:

Quote from: THX on June 25, 2007, 07:19PM
pull out when you get a tingly sensation in your nether realms.

omg funniest Chocolate egg i heard all week