Midnightphoenix123's Mod Release Thread: Selene Mod/ Jean Grey Booster Released

Started by Midnightphoenix, July 25, 2011, 09:35AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Sick, Sad World on October 06, 2013, 09:07AM
Good day.  I understand the last post on this was over 120 days ago, and I should really consider posting to this- but I have to take the time out to say that I love your mods!  I mean, Jill Valentine?  That's amazing!  It gives me a whole new way to love MUA... and the Alice and Claire mods really look top notch.

I just wanted to take the time, if you are still around, to thank you for taking the time to do these.  They are amazing, and I wish you nothing but success in all you do, 'cos you are very talented!  Again, sorry to bump!  Just wanted to thank you for all that you've done!  My MUA experience is 100x better than it was before because of your creations!

Wow thank you so much :) This really means a-lot, and I am over joyed to know that you enjoy using my mods!

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Selene is awesome to play, but is she supposed to have a voice? Im not sure if its because I over=wrote the goblin queen with her, but she doesn't have one. I re overwrote goblin queen with selene, and still no voice. If its by design, nevermind!

Thanks!

Thank you :) The Outsider also made a booster for her if you want to check it out! I honestly can't remember if she is supposed to have a voice, if she is it would be another character's voice from the game, or just random noises and grunts for fighting and such.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Ok, so maybe the voice is just on purpose then. Is there any way I can add someone else's voice, like Enchantress to her? If its super difficult, nevermind, hehe.

Quote from: Disgaeafan1 on November 11, 2013, 03:55PM
Ok, so maybe the voice is just on purpose then. Is there any way I can add someone else's voice, like Enchantress to her? If its super difficult, nevermind, hehe.

Well you could, but you would have to go in and edit the files and make it so they know the correct folder to get the voice files from using XMLB.

Er, how exactly would I do that? Sorry for being such a noob...

I know how to do it to edit herostats.. Is it the same way except for sound files? I tried just inserting the enchantress files and naming them after selene, but it didn't work. XD

EDIT- Huh. That's weird. Selene isn't showing up in my herostat.engb. I've done all my editing using .cfg, but she's the only one that doesn't show up in .engb. When I try to add her, and save and recompile, it doesn't stick. If I decompile again, she disappears again. Dunno if this is related to the sound issue though.

Quote from: Disgaeafan1 on November 11, 2013, 10:32PM
Er, how exactly would I do that? Sorry for being such a noob...

I know how to do it to edit herostats.. Is it the same way except for sound files? I tried just inserting the enchantress files and naming them after selene, but it didn't work. XD

EDIT- Huh. That's weird. Selene isn't showing up in my herostat.engb. I've done all my editing using .cfg, but she's the only one that doesn't show up in .engb. When I try to add her, and save and recompile, it doesn't stick. If I decompile again, she disappears again. Dunno if this is related to the sound issue though.

I don't think it is related. That has happened to me before. I always take the .engb file and copy and paste it onto my desktop it seems to work better for me that way.

I can't remember all the files you have to alter for sounds, it's been awhile since I last did any of that stuff :P

I know this thread is WAY old, but I am having several issues with Selene.

1) Her sounds do not work.
2) None of her power icons are shown in char select.

P.S. Thanks a lot for making a mod of one of my favorite Marvel characters!
All units, we have a high priority situation in data/powerstyles.

I don't think you are the only one who had those issues. It has been so long since I did anything with her that I can't even remember if I gave her sounds, or renamed everything so that they would work. I had some trouble with icons too. She was pretty rushed when I released her because I hit my wall of modding and skinning and didn't want to make anything else for awhile, but I didn't want to leave her unfinished so I did everything I needed too and then released her.

I do apologize for the things that don't work, if I have any time to try and go back in a see what's wrong I will.

Quote from: corvetterules on March 23, 2014, 04:52AM
I know this thread is WAY old, but I am having several issues with Selene.

1) Her sounds do not work.
2) None of her power icons are shown in char select.

P.S. Thanks a lot for making a mod of one of my favorite Marvel characters!

Quote from: Midnightphoenix on March 23, 2014, 10:12AM
I don't think you are the only one who had those issues. It has been so long since I did anything with her that I can't even remember if I gave her sounds, or renamed everything so that they would work. I had some trouble with icons too. She was pretty rushed when I released her because I hit my wall of modding and skinning and didn't want to make anything else for awhile, but I didn't want to leave her unfinished so I did everything I needed too and then released her.

I do apologize for the things that don't work, if I have any time to try and go back in a see what's wrong I will.

No need for that, MP. As I was working on a secret character to be revealed later, I was looking for certain sounds, and I saw that you did create a "selene_m" and selene_v" sound files. However, they were under the v then g folders instead of s then e.
Corvette, I should inform you and others who may not know that awhile back, I made a Selene booster that MP approved that fixes the icon problems, added a few extras, and just today fixed the sound & voice files. You can find it at the Crypt.

Quote from: Outsider on March 24, 2014, 05:57PM
No need for that, MP. As I was working on a secret character to be revealed later, I was looking for certain sounds, and I saw that you did create a "selene_m" and selene_v" sound files. However, they were under the v then g folders instead of s then e.
Corvette, I should inform you and others who may not know that awhile back, I made a Selene booster that MP approved that fixes the icon problems, added a few extras, and just today fixed the sound & voice files. You can find it at the Crypt.

Oh, well thank you for figuring that out!

Quote from: Outsider on March 24, 2014, 05:57PM
Thank you for attending to that problem, Outsider! And don't worry, Phoenix. Just a rushed mod says nothing about your modding skills. It's not like anybody on the site is perfect at it.
All units, we have a high priority situation in data/powerstyles.

Thank you! And you are very welcome!