marvel character deaths (possible spoilers for story arcs)

Started by Norrin Radd, July 02, 2007, 02:14PM

Previous topic - Next topic
this may be old news to some, but i just read about it
sabertooth gets his arm cut off, and dies, possibly
http://comics.ign.com/articles/800/800810p1.html

That's good news! Sabretooth isn't that strong or smart at all!!! He's so bad that Black Cat could knock him into an unconcious state (I forgot which issue it was). Marvel just keep making him Wolverine's "arch-enemy"... The AOA Sabretooth in Exiles is a different story though!

July 02, 2007, 05:33PM #2 Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 05:36PM by Burning Rage
Quote from: iammingy on July 02, 2007, 03:54PM
That's good news! Sabretooth isn't that strong or smart at all!!! He's so bad that Black Cat could knock him into an unconcious state (I forgot which issue it was). Marvel just keep making him Wolverine's "arch-enemy"... The AOA Sabretooth in Exiles is a different story though!

Don't tell master$$$ that...  :rofl:

I always thought Sabretooth was a few fries short of a Happy Meal.  I never cared for his character, as his whole existence seems to just be about fighting Wolverine.  That's about as much character depth as he has.  If he dies, I'm all for it.

However, one character death that particularly pissed me off was Captain America.  I'm sick of the retards at Marvel trying to make political statements or mirroring their own lives/grief with stuff like this.  Nobody reads comics for political propaganda and metaphors.  It's B.S.  Captain America was a legend, and should not have been used as a pawn for their own retardish political gain.  Screw Marvel.  That right there stopped me from buying any more comics.  The Civil War arc was by far the worst thing they have ever done, and they've screwed up quite a bit.  This one tops it all though.  I guess if you're going to screw it up, might as well do it right.

P.S. - sorry the writer's family member died, but killing off Captain America to mirror his "grief" to all comic fans so they will feel sorrow for the loss of Cap the way that guy felt = B.S.  Hearing that explanation made me not care about his family now.  Asswipe.

EDIT:  It was his son that died because of cancer.  I couldn't remember what it was.  Still, you don't do something like that.  Cap was a cornerstone in WWII.  He was an important part of history.  His son wasn't.  Not to be mean, but all that did was make me not like the guy, not feel sorry for him.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Not to nitpick, but Captain America #25 (death) was writted by Ed Brubaker. Fallen Son #5 (the funeral) was written by Jeph Loeb, whose son died of cancer. He didn't kill Cap, someone else (acting with the authority of Marvel's editorial staff) killed him off, and Loeb is simply handling the followup mini. So, really, you're mad at the guy for the wrong thing. Be mad at Brubaker instead :)

P.S. Oh yeah, honestly, if killing Sabertooth makes room for Wild Child to not suck anymore, I'd be all for it. I've still been trying to figure out a way to have Creed summon him on a chain in-game...

Well there you go...  I was too annoyed to read it, so I was just going off info from people who read it and told me about it.  *shrugs*  Still, Marvel should've known better.  Regardless, they are still on my **** list.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

I'm sorry, but given he's Captain America, and he went to Germany to fight Nazis, why wasn't he in Irak? That war is also happening in the MU, you know.

alot of people in my class had no idea hawkeye was dead lol

lol fair point, i had to rip that pic off of blizz's posts (sorry blizz) to prove it cos they wouldnt believe me

That pic isn't 616 Hawky, though. Marvel zombies, when Magneto was farting around with Cap's shield :lamer:

is your avatar pic also from marvel zombies blizz, or is that what you guys are talking about. i can't tell if its the same dude getting killed as in the signature pic

his avatar pic is cap not hawky

yes its marvel zombies

Quote from: Shauny7488 on July 03, 2007, 08:56PM
his avatar pic is cap not hawky
thnx
thats what i thought, but i never heard about cap america dying in zombies. i am not very up to date with this zombies 'direction'.

well he only has the top of his head off, ive seen enough zombie movies to know that that usually isnt enough to kill them