Spiderman Web of Shadows modding issue.

Started by AlexVance, July 31, 2011, 07:26AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I decided to try modding WoS, but it keeps giving me this strange effect (see picture)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/651/issueb.png/

the files I used for the red skin are:
SPIDER-MAN WEB OF SHADOWS.EXE_0x1D51ED58.png
SPIDER-MAN WEB OF SHADOWS.EXE_0x1327B796.png
SPIDER-MAN WEB OF SHADOWS.EXE_0xFBFCE874.png
SPIDER-MAN WEB OF SHADOWS.EXE_0x6C03F0A0.png
SPIDER-MAN WEB OF SHADOWS.EXE_0xA893AD3A.png
SPIDER-MAN WEB OF SHADOWS.EXE_0x4728B4B4.png

please assist! :(

ps: that was a testing mod to see if everything works fine, so I just altered the eyes and head.

Looks like your mod overwrites lightmap texture, instead of actual outfit texture. Just do a fresh extract, while paying attention to the green overlay, as it is usually solid on actual textures and semi-transparent on shader ones. Then paste your textures onto these fresh ones.

Quote from: -DK- on July 31, 2011, 07:41AM
Looks like your mod overwrites lightmap texture, instead of actual outfit texture. Just do a fresh extract, while paying attention to the green overlay, as it is usually solid on actual textures and semi-transparent on shader ones. Then paste your textures onto these fresh ones.
cheers for the quick reply!
these are the textures I used:

Top two are for paint, middle ones are the bump map, and the last two are the lightmaps.
I've only edited the top left picture, the rest of them are the default, but I still get weird light effects..! :/

If you left the bumpmaps and lightmaps as default, there was no need to repack them again. Remove them from the log file and try again. Also check if the actual outfit texture overwrites proper entry, instead of lightmap one.

Quote from: -DK- on July 31, 2011, 08:41AM
If you left the bumpmaps and lightmaps as default, there was no need to repack them again. Remove them from the log file and try again. Also check if the actual outfit texture overwrites proper entry, instead of lightmap one.

ok, I've tried what you said and it worked, but removing the bumb map (the 2 middle pictures) also works, so it wasn't a lightmap issue after all..! :/