Hulk version 1.0

Started by Teancum, July 03, 2007, 10:53AM

Previous topic - Next topic
For those wondering, this is not the same as DLC Hulk.  What you're seeing here is going to be the Xbox 1 Hulk.

Features:
-Classic, Original, Grey and Joe Fixit skins (portraits are in Xbox format so the channels are reversed)
-Mixture of moves from Juggernaut and Thing
-WiP simulator mission (not included this version)

To Do:
-Need to do PC versions of the portraits

Notes:
-Credit goes to BliZZ for the original Classic skin and the Juggernaut mod, both of which were used as the original base for the mod.
-The model uses the Morlock Bruiser model.  This is so that it works on the Xbox.  The Bruiser wears a vest, so around the waist the skin might look weird on all but Joe Fixit.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M8QVBQ8Y

No screens just yet, I'm at work, but feel free to post screens for everyone if you're the first to install it.  And PLEASE do me a huge favor and post bugs.  It helps to crush them now before I actually port him to Xbox.

i realize this is not the DLC hulk, but is the face used in your skins from the DLC, looks pretty similar to me. For example, skin 17003 from the DLC has similar eyebrows, cheak lines, neck lines and hair lines as skin 17002 from your content.

I dunno.  I think BliZZ just reskinned the Morlock Bruiser, which I ended up using as a base.

July 03, 2007, 06:51PM #3 Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 06:54PM by Norrin Radd
you can compare yourself
Congrats Blizz, either way

Can anyone post some pics, please? My "gaming" PC isn't working, so I can't try this mod (yet).
Also, I'm betting he has a Clap power (hence Thing, I guess). Does he have that boost Juggernaut had in XML2, where he got bigger with each punch?

I'm sorry, it's just too exciting to finally get the chance to use Hulk (well, if my PC gets fixed any time soon).

July 03, 2007, 07:49PM #5 Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 07:57PM by Teancum
Powers:
Mega Punch (modeled after the DLC version, but it didn't turn out too perfect - big punch that can stun enemies)
Hulk Jump (jumps into the air and lands hard, sending a shockwave)
Hulk Crush (raises fists then slams them down, causing damage)
Hulk Knock Down (runs along, running over guys)
Hulk Frenzy (quick left-right punched, repeatedly tap power button - same as Juggy's)

Boosts:
Hulk Roar (same as Ghost Rider's Fear)
Hulk Boost (Reduces damage to team)
Fury (Hulk grows - he's faster and does more damage)

Xtreme:
Hulk Smash (Different than DLC, Hulk charges up then jumps high into the air, slamming down hard ) --has some fun effects with slow motion.

I apologize for the low-rez skins.  It's the best I can do on the model.  Luckily it'll look great on the Xbox. :D  Original looks particularly bad, but it was the best I could do to make it look like the DLC.

Just a note, but wasn't Joe Fixit gray?
http://www.mwctoys.com/images/HULK01_JOEFIXIT_action.jpg

Also, how much more people think Hulk needs the Hand-Clap? I was hoping to find it here, since it was out of the DLC. He just pwns whoever he wants with that move.

Joe Fixit R gray, dude.

EDIT: Damn, beat to it.

DLC Hulk doesn't have a Hand-Clap. Unless I mis-read your post, and you didn't imply that  /whistles

Lol, right.  Didn't realize, I used that digital camera snapshot of the DLC version and the colors were really washed out.  I'll fix that up for the next release.

Yeah, no hand-clap for Hulk.  I'm trying to make him similar to the DLC and make sure he's not a copy of another character.

Quote from: Teancum on July 03, 2007, 08:40PMof another character.

Read: Colossus  :chuckle:

Technically, Original (with the ripped shirt) is Gray too. Thus how there were 2 Gray/2 Green on DLC.

Aww crap.  Well it didn't seem that way looking at his model.  It was a dark, desaturated green. 

Thoughts: Would it be redundant to have Gray Hulk and Joe Fixit since (from what I understand) they're the same guy?  I'm sortof at a loss for what I can do since I can't do a new model.

You could always toss Smart Hulk in. Don't know if you can get good looking glasses, though. And you'd have to make the face quite different.

yeah, you are right about the desaturated green. Thanks for making Joe Fixit skin by the way!

Dang, you beat me to it.  Here's a little clip from Original Hulk.  Left side is normal, right side has been greyscaled.

First, thanks for the pics and power description, looks great!

Quote from: boreman on July 03, 2007, 08:31PM
Also, how much more people think Hulk needs the Hand-Clap? I was hoping to find it here, since it was out of the DLC. He just pwns whoever he wants with that move.

Blizz, you did definitely misread that post. I like your whistling, btw.

I did some googling and apparently "Thunderclap" is kind of a staple Hulk move.   http://www.incrediblehulk.com/thunderclapfeats.html
Personally, I don't think a lot of people would call your Hulk a Thing clone for having that move (if that's an issue), in fact I've heared that some of them were disappointed he didn't have it in the DLC. It indeeds makes more sense than the Defense rising boost, anyway (which fits Colossus better, if it was a good boost, that is).

Just letting it out of my system. Once If I get my PC running again, I will try to change it myself, anyways.