DLC story

Started by Dozo14, July 04, 2007, 01:23PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I was wondering, does the new dowloadable content change the story of the game (maybe with extra cut scenes or something?) And does it explain how doom can be playable and be the big bad?

Playable Doom is the Doom from the present. Bad Doom's from the future. There aren't any new cutscenes, just some new special conversations.

PS: Don't ask me why I know this, since I have never even seen an xbox in my life.

sound kinda weird but thanks for the info..

It's the other way around actually, playable Doom is from the future.  He goes back in time to convince himself to stop the madness.

0.o

Are you serious?  *scratches head*  Because Doom has always been a remorseful guy.  Of course he would want to go back in the past to change his actions.  Doesn't every villain do that at some point in time?

I'm pretty sure the story hasn't changed at all.  Albeit a few new conversations, the story is pretty much well preserved in that there isn't a whole lot of extra content to wow yourself over.  The DLC really is just face value.  You get 8 new characters, with a few custom items thrown in.  However, the best part is new textures to recolor for effects and stuff.  *shrugs*
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

What about Hulk? He is lying dead in the cutscene before the last one. Or whichever that is.

The DLC story is actually pretty bad.  Lots, and I mean LOTS of holes.  Characters supposed to be in a different place, playing as Hulk then seeing Dr Banner, etc.

Yeah, and if you saved Jean, Nightcrawler would fall to his death into the Infinity Vortex, and you'd still be able to play as Kurt. Hulk and Cyclops both lie unconscious at Doom's feet. And it was also quite a mistake if you play as Colossus in Latveria, since Colossus was also taken out by Doom, along with a squad of X-Men, Hulk, and Magneto. Magneto was also a mistake to be put into the DLC. And in the Omega Base, where you meet up with Dr. Banner when you play as Hulk, as Teancum pointed out. Dr. Doom talking to himself is rather amusing, even though evil Doom is from the future. Well, you could point out that Deadpool talking to himself in XML2 was also a mistake by Activision, or Raven, or whoever created that story plotline.

Well this is how i explain it to myself for XML2.  XML2 had Mr Sinister, who loves cloning things (well mostly the Marauders), so i just blame him for Prof X being playable, and Deadpool fighting Deadpool  :laugh:.  Yep they are clones :) .  I dont know how you could excuse this is MUA.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

lol, well that fixes that :)
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

I don't think Mr. Sinister would like to clone the guiding spirit of the X-Men. Deadpool is excusable because Deadpool was working for Apocalypse, and so is Sinister, so...

How would characters from different universes come into the same world? That would be quite bizarre. E.g. Astonishing, Uncanny, Mainstream (616), 2099, Ultimate, and AoA Cyclops team.

WHAT??? Of course he loves to clone ppl, he loves genetics!!!
--------
Why not? This is what happens in comics... You see lots of ppl from other "universe" making cameos in the EARTH-616 "universe" and vice versa. @_@

Dont fore get Apoc's boom tubes.
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

So Sinister purposefully cloned the Prof to be playable so as to get more playable characters?