XML2 - Revised Bosses Mod

Started by Nassius, October 04, 2012, 06:35PM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 04, 2012, 06:35PM Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 09:35PM by Nassius
New member here, and I have been working on revising all of the major boss battles throughout the game. The Revised Bosses mod modifies all health and damage output stats for each major boss battle and any minions that may be involved in that particular battle. Bosses are much more challenging, where in cases that a battle may have taken five minutes could now take up to thirty minutes. This mod has been tested and played through in Normal Mode only.

I had noticed some other folks posting about working on something similar but this particular mod only modifies health and damage output, where resist modifications were not done. Instructions for using this mod are provided in the Readme file included in the download below.

Direct download - (mediafire.com): http://www.mediafire.com/?tto4yam7o824bpf

For more info, updates and a YouTube example of the battle with Mikhail:
http://lucidnine.wordpress.com/2012/09/24/revised-bosses-mod/

Your mod sounds like a great idea!  I haven't made any changes to my XML2 game yet, but I'm downloading your mod for when I do.  It sounds like fun!  Thanks for sharing.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Quote from: fox456 on October 04, 2012, 06:58PM
Your mod sounds like a great idea!  I haven't made any changes to my XML2 game yet, but I'm downloading your mod for when I do.  It sounds like fun!  Thanks for sharing.

Much obliged. Hope you enjoy it!

I would like to eventually port this over to the PSP version of the game and continue work on it but modifying the npcstats.engb file on the PSP version of the game does not seem to have any effect on in game enemies. Does anyone have any experience with modding the PSP version of XML2? I would be eternally grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction of what file(s) need to be modified to change enemy stats or if it's even possible to do so.

Are you going to make a similiar mod for marvel ultimate alliance and can this mod be used with a gamesave or do you have to start over to use it?

great mod !
No One Can Stop Me !

January 14, 2013, 09:29PM #6 Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 09:33PM by Nassius
Quote from: tiamat888 on January 11, 2013, 09:11AM
Are you going to make a similiar mod for marvel ultimate alliance and can this mod be used with a gamesave or do you have to start over to use it?

Works fine with a game save. No need to start a fresh game. I don't have any plans on doing a similar mod for MUA, sorry.

Great but why didnt you add the resitances to it? :storm:

Quote from: Nassius on January 14, 2013, 09:29PM
Works fine with a game save. No need to start a fresh game. I don't have any plans on doing a similar mod for MUA, sorry.

oh was hoping you were going to do one cause the bosses in marvel ultimate alliance were pathetic. they were way to easy in that game