X-men legends 3 idea

Started by Dozo14, July 06, 2007, 06:25AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Too many X-Men villains and the Illuminati would storykill an X-Men based game.

Iron Man and Deadpool kinda did that too XML2.

I don't think they do.  Lots of heroes have gone up against Apocalypse.  Last time in the comics I saw Iron Man, Spider-Man and Captain America to name a few.

But the XML series is an X-Men based game.

I think at first Mr.Sinister should start out as the main villain but eventually onslaught becomes the new villain. heres my take on da roster all the same characters from xml2 minus iron man and deadpool, spider man, angel, Vulcan as either npc or a boss, quicksilver.

IMO, I believe Spidey should be cut out from your roster, gameteen, due to the fact that he isn't an X-Man. Same goes for IM and DP. I do believe Onslaught would make a good final boss: never thought of that...

My dream roster would include every X-man (exceot Magma) from the first 2 games plus more. So it would be

1. Beast
2. Bishop
3. Colossus
4. Cyclops
5. Cable
6. Cannonball
7. Emma Frost
8. Gambit
9. Jean Grey
10. Jubilee
11. Nightcrawler
12. Profesor X
13. Psylocke
14. Rogue
15. Storm
16. Sunfire
17. Wolverine

Plus

18. Archangel
19. Banshee
20. Dazzler
21. Havok
22. M
23. Moonstar
24. Northstar
25. Polaris
26. Quicksilver
27. Warpath

Note that in the comics, the X-Men weren't the only ones to take on Onslaught. Just like the Fantastic Four weren't the only ones to take on Galactus. I don't get why people say that it's a storykill, whatever that means, just because you have heroes who aren't mutants on the team.

That said, if they implemented something like the MUA Team feature, like 'X-FORCE! +25 Energy' or 'Generation X! Xp gains +5%', I'd really enjoy that.

Quote from: Slavic Knight on May 26, 2008, 01:34PM
That said, if they implemented something like the MUA Team feature, like 'X-FORCE! +25 Energy' or 'Generation X! Xp gains +5%', I'd really enjoy that.
Well they already had team bonuses in XML2. If you are talking about specifically creating your own team, then yeah Id love to see that pop up. Id also like for you to be able to create multiple teams

Quote from: havok83 on May 26, 2008, 03:13PM
Well they already had team bonuses in XML2. If you are talking about specifically creating your own team, then yeah Id love to see that pop up. Id also like for you to be able to create multiple teams

They had it, but nowhere near the degree that they were present in M:UA, and there wasn't a 'my team' function. I'd LOVE to be able to play as Generation X or the Morlocks or something else that would never get a game of their own.

This would be my idea for the playable roster:

Playable Roster
Angel
Beast
Bishop
Colossus
Cyclops
Emma Frost
Gambit
Iceman
Jean Grey
Jubilee
Nightcrawler
Psylocke
Rogue
Storm
Sunfire
Wolverine

Unlockable
Cable
Cannonball
Dazzler
Spider-Man

PSP Exclusives
Forge
Havok
X-23
X-Man

PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii Exclusives
Mutiple Man
Shadowcat

As for game features, perhaps have the graphics be MUA-style this time and not cel-shaded. I'm not very sure about the storyline though, there are tons of storylines they could use for the game.

I prefer the cel shaded look. Id love for them to keep it. I think XML2 looks better than MUA

Quote from: havok83 on May 27, 2008, 04:54PM
I prefer the cel shaded look. Id love for them to keep it. I think XML2 looks better than MUA

I agree. The X-Men Legends games had a more comic book look to them that, in my opinion, kinda helps setting the tone for the games.

If they do come out with an XML3, I hope the game makers make the game for X-Men fans.
I mean, the 2nd game was great but Iron Man?!?!

Hopefully now that they have MUA, they can make XML3 without putting in trash characters.
I would have definitely prefered Mystique over Deadpool. (Plus she was in the load screen before the game menu.)
I don't know about Professor X but I really find him boring. And how is he running around fighting but he's also at the base and contacts you.

If they make unlockables don't make them of characters that are already NPC's.
I know it's a game, but having Prof. X run up and talk to himself is kind of dumb.
Iron Man can collect his own armor to unlock himself?
Deadpool can fight himself?

And also, NO EXCLUSIVES. I think it's a load of crap. It pisses people off. And it's just used to try and get people to buy more consoles and copies of games.

Characters I would like to see in an X-MEN game:
Archangel
Banshee
Beast
Bishop
Blink
Boomer/Meltdown
Cable
Cannonball
Captain Britain
Cerise (She'd be so easy)
Colossus
Cyclops
Dazzler
Douglock
Emma Frost
Forge
Gambit
Havok
Iceman
Jubilee
Longshot
Magik
Meggan (She'd be cool)
Moonstar
Nightcrawler
Penance (Take that Wolverine)
Phoenix[Jean or Rachel] (And make her have energy and/or fire abilities, not just mental. They gave Prof.X energy and physical)
Polaris
Psylocke
Quicksilver
Rogue
Shadowcat
Storm
Sunfire
Sunspot
Wolfsbane
Wolverine

That's what? 37 I think. That's not bad. I would hope the third game wouldn't involve villains as playables again. I would like the playables to be more along my choices just to have the game sort of focus on all the X teams.

:xmen_logo: If they do this I think it should be based on the days of future past storyline, where Sentinals have killed most superheroes on earth and Kitty Pryde has to travel back to the past and stop the brotherhood from killing Senator Kelly.

I think if that was the case playable charecters in the future who are alive in concentration camps should be: Colossus, Wolverine, Rachel Summers (Phoenix II), Kate Pryde (Shadowcat), Storm, Magneto and maybe some extras to make the game better but I guess it would be going against the oringal storyline of the comics as in the future most of the X-men are dead (Nightcrawler, Polaris, Cyclops, Iceman, Angel ect). And in the past when she travels back playable charecters can be Wolverine  :wolverine:, Storm  :storm:, Shadowcat  :shadowcat2:, Angel  :angel_hero:, Beast  :beast:, Iceman  :iceman:, Cyclops  :cyclops:, Jean Grey  :phoenix:, Havok  :havok:, Polaris  :polaris:, Emma Frost  :emmafrost: , Gambit  :gambit2: , Nightcrawler  :nightcrawler2:, Colossus  :colossus:, Rogue  :rogue:, Multipleman  :madrox:, Bishop  :bishop: , Forge, Psylocke  :psylocke: and Dazzler :dazzler:. And hell they could even be helped by the FF :iwoman: :fantastic:, Avengers :captainamerica2:  :stark: and Spider-Man :spiderman: as they all died in the story too.

Anyway, if they were to make an XML3 which I doubt this would be the storyline I'd like.
:gambit: :jubilee: :iceman: :storm: :wolverine: :nightcrawler2: :mystique: :cyclops: :colossus: :dazzler: :polaris: :havok:  :beast: :shadowcat2: :phoenix: :emmafrost: :cable: :blob:
X-Men - best supehero team ever!

That's a pretty good idea, to use days of future past. Since they usually change the storylines in games it wouldn't be too weird if some of the x-men that were supposed to be dead are not. It would be interesting to go back and forth gameplay wise and maybe see some changes you made in the past change the outcome of the future.