X-men legends 3 idea

Started by Dozo14, July 06, 2007, 06:25AM

Previous topic - Next topic
One thing I would love is to actually feel the power the X-men have for example, in the comics, movies, TV shows ect I'm not saying the villians in the game should be easy but it would be cool to like say Nightcrawler to teleport on top of a sentinal, Colossus to actually be able to smash through part of the robot, Wolverine to be able to slice some of the robot off (I know in XML1 an arm would go off but it looked lame) and if you could play Jean Grey to her full ability you must feel like god lol!

I hope one day games will be like this and although its weird if they did this the game would be so much better, although it may be impossible to do. I hope MUA Fusion is like this, being able to combine powers and all that.
:gambit: :jubilee: :iceman: :storm: :wolverine: :nightcrawler2: :mystique: :cyclops: :colossus: :dazzler: :polaris: :havok:  :beast: :shadowcat2: :phoenix: :emmafrost: :cable: :blob:
X-Men - best supehero team ever!

I think Onslaught's a great idea.
Dark Phoenix? Leave it alone. It's been done to death.

Why do so many people want Professor X playable. He's supposed to be the guy telling you what to do plus he's in a wheelchair (not to sound me)
They already have enough psychics to use without using him.

And why does everyone want the Brotherhood again.
They had their chance. The creators did a poor job of selecting the Brotherhood, but they've been done.

It would be nice to see an X-Men game closer to the first Legends. YOu know, all X-Men. Including unlockable X-Men.

If they come out with XML3, they really have no good excuse for tossing in non X-Men characters when they now have MUA.

From what I heard about Legends 2 was that Iron man was put in as a movie promo, but didn't MUA come out before the Iron Man movie. SO there was really no point.

My roster thoughts.
FIRST:
X-MEN LEGENDS 2 should have been: (Keeping the characters & plot in mind)
1)Blink (Unlocked after saving)
2)Cable
3)Colossus
4)Cyclops
5)Gambit
6)Havok
7)Iceman
8)Nightcrawler
9)Phoenix
10)Psylocke
11)Rogue
12)Shadowcat
13)Storm
14)Sunfire
15)Wolverine

16)Avalanche
17)Blob (Unlocked after saving)
18)Magneto
19)Mystique (Unlocked after helping)
20)Pyro (Unlocked after saving)
21)Toad

X-MEN LEGENDS 3
1)Archangel
2)Banshee
3)Beast
4)Bishop
5)Cable
6)Colossus
7)Cyclops
8)Dazzler
9)Emma Frost
10)Forge
11)Gambit
12)Havok
13)Iceman
14)Jubilee
15)Longshot
16)Nightcrawler
17)Phoenix
18)Polaris
19)Psylocke
20)Quicksilver
21)Rogue
22)Shadowcat
23)Storm
24)Wolverine

I THINK THAT ALL THE POWERS SHOULD CHANGE JUST A LITTLE BIT LIKE JEAN GREY SHOULD BE ABLE TO THROW MORE ENEMIES INSTEAD ONE AT A TIME. STORM SHOULD BE ABLE 2 MAKE THE SKY CHANGE ETC.

JEAN GREY SHOULD BEABLE 2 CHANGE INTO THE PHOENIX IF SHE USES 2 MUCH POWER LIKE WOLVERINE IN MAU HAVE THOSE LITTLE BARS WHEN HE GOES BERSERKER. THAT IS HER NATURAL POWER TO CHANGE INTO THE PHOENIX

Two quick things:

1-Don't type in all caps
2-Please use the 'edit' button, which looks like this:

The thing i noticed is that IMHO an XML3 game would feel more... complete than a MUA title... why is this?

Well... MUA involves the WHOLE marvel universe, and it simply too much ground to cover. Don't get me wrong, i love MUA, it's a HUGE improvement over XML3 but the roster just seems limited... with less than 30 chars it's almost impossible to fullfill every fans requests...

XML on the other hand... only features 1 of the franchices, meaning... that a 30ish X-Men roster is plenty...

I didn't like XML2 too much cause there where villains involve, and now MUA2 is going the same way :(

Thank's god for modding, but still... it doesn't feel the same way and the original product... but for now, that's the best we can do ^^

Cheers

I'll be happy as long as they merge the rosters from XML and XML2 but without The Brotherhood and with Dazzler, Polaris, Havok, Warpath and plenty of X-Verse cameos. It would also be nice if you could have more boss interaction. Colossus should be able to throw Mystique or any other bosses that are of normal size and strength and Jean should be able to affect Pyro with her TK. They should have a lot more health, defense and AI than normal grunts but they should still be tossed around like in the comics. 

Does anyone know if there is an XML3 in the works at all or even just planned for down the road?? I like MUA and all but I would take another XML any day... I love my X-Men!! ;)

Personally I'd love to see a story revolving around Grant Morrison and Joe Casey's runs, with Cassandra Nova as the main villain. The U-Men, Church of Humanity, Weapon Plus... yeah, definitely not your standard/typical X-villains or stories, but I think there is a LOT of potential just because compared to a lot of other bad guys they are all very untapped.

And as far as playable characters go, I would love to see Jubilee back (she's my favorite) and I'd like to see some different characters like Cecilia Reyes and Maggott thrown into the mix. Call me crazy but there you have it :)

Maggott? I don't think he'll have that many powers except for those two disgusting slugs/digestive system coming out of his body like that.

maybe youll kan get a petition and ask 4 it, believe it or not but producers really listen to gamers!

I'm fairly certain Maggott's not gonna be on a main Marvel game anytime soon. He has much more of a chance being in of the X-Men based games.

Light Bishop wrote well, I mean Jean SHOULD be able to turn into Dark Phoenix, and throw many enemies at once.

So but the Roster could be all X-men now, no brotherhood, no villains, no Iron man or anything like that. I'd like to see Rachel AND Jean in the game.

Trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken, but you can still see the crack on that motherf*cker's reflection
My Mods for XML2: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3018.0

Quote from: -phoenix- on September 19, 2008, 09:58AM
Light Bishop wrote well, I mean Jean SHOULD be able to turn into Dark Phoenix, and throw many enemies at once.

So but the Roster could be all X-men now, no brotherhood, no villains, no Iron man or anything like that. I'd like to see Rachel AND Jean in the game.

AMEN! I would LOVE Jean's powers to be like Phoenix instead of normal Jean, but with the bar thing telling you when you will become Dark Phoenix, it should happen fast, but not so fast, but not as slow as wolverine's from MUA.
Rachel should be nearly as strong as Jean, and Shadowcat should be included! SEE WHAT YOU DONE, XML2? YOU GOT PEOPLE WANTING SHADOWCAT!  =]

November 15, 2008, 09:01PM #58 Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 05:16PM by muafan
my idea for XML3 should be  based on:

House of M (with bits of messiah complex and inferno intertwined.)

Playables:

Starteing chars:
Wolverine\
Jean Grey

First XTP:
Cyclops
Bishop
Chamber
Nightcrawler
Pyro
Feral
Thunderbird
Multiple man
Kitty Pryde
Gambit
Storm
Colossus
Iceman
Beast
Canonball
Psylocke
Havok
Longshot

Unlockables:

Dr. Strange
Banshee
Magik
Cable
Prof. x.

Next-Gen exclusives:
Sabretooth
Blob
Toad

Pc exclusives:
ARCHAngel
X-man
dazzler

Enemys:

Mystique-prevents you from awakening the mutants (only Wolvy and Jeanie are allowed in this starting fight)
Cameron Hodge- after You awaken the mutants this  anti-mutant-regime terrorist attacks you 
Banshee- is "protecting" dr. strange. After the battle You awaken him and get him and strange.
Polaris- you storm Genosha and fight her. But then u have to fight....
Magneto- after hes defeated. the shock of his defeat causes the witch to restore regular time line
Black Tom Cassidy-  when you arrive back in regalar timeline prof x. is unlocked. However, Black tom is attacking the x-mansion. 
Belasco-after the fight, you learn that most mutants (luckily none on your squad) have lost there powers. Doc strange traces Mutant magic to limbo and suspects it may be scarlet witch. However, Belasco has just imprisoned Magik. You fight him,  free her and gain her.
Predator X-given that  mutants are weak the x-men are atacked by this anti-mutant beast.,
Stryfe- he is working for some mysterios person related to scarlet witch. After a battle, you gain cable
Quicksilver- to get to Wanda you must fight Pietro
Scarlet Witch –an epic battle. If you win dr. strange says you may be able to restore others powers however at the end it turns out she was being manipulated by....
Mr. Sinister – who you fight. This was his plan from XML2. at the end of the battle though, all is well. The powers are restored.

Quote from: muafan on November 15, 2008, 09:01PM
my idea for XML3 should be  based on:

House of M (with bits of messiah complex and inferno intertwined.)

Playables:

Starteing chars:
Wolverine\
Jean Grey
Bishop
Chamber

First XTP:
Cyclops
Nightcrawler
Pyro
Feral
Pixie
Rouge
Boom-Boom
Thunderbird
Multiple man
Shard
Kitty Pryde
Gambit
Colossus
Iceman
Beast
Canonball
Psylocke

Unlockables:

Dr. Strange
Banshee
Magik
Cable
Prof. x.

Next-Gen exclusives:
Sabretooth
Blob
Toad
Longshot
Marrow

Pc exclusives:
ARCHAngel
X-man
dazzler

Enemys:

Mystique-prevents you from awakening the mutants (only Wolvy and Jeanie are allowed in this starting fight)
Cameron Hodge- after You awaken the mutants this  anti-mutant-regime terrorist attacks you 
Banshee- is “protecting” dr. strange. After the battle You awaken him and get him and strange.
Polaris- you storm Genosha and fight her. But then u have to fight….
Magneto- after hes defeated. the shock of his defeat causes the witch to restore regular time line
Black Tom Cassidy-  when you arrive back in regalar timeline prof x. is unlocked. However, Black tom is attacking the x-mansion. 
Belasco-after the fight, you learn that most mutants (luckily none on your squad) have lost there powers. Doc strange traces Mutant magic to limbo and suspects it may be scarlet witch. However, Belasco has just imprisoned Magik. You fight him,  free her and gain her.
Predator X-given that  mutants are weak the x-men are atacked by this anti-mutant beast.,
Stryfe- he is working for some mysterios person related to scarlet witch. After a battle, you gain cable
Quicksilver- to get to Wanda you must fight Pietro
Scarlet Witch –an epic battle. If you win dr. strange says you may be able to restore others powers however at the end it turns out she was being manipulated by….
Mr. Sinister – who you fight. This was his plan from XML2. at the end of the battle though, all is well. The powers are restored. However stryfe is bitterly ploting revenge for his deafeat , leaving it open for XML4 and an x-cutiners song storyline.

Nice story plot. Do you design game storylines?