X-men legends 3 idea

Started by Dozo14, July 06, 2007, 06:25AM

Previous topic - Next topic
November 16, 2008, 08:01AM #60 Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 10:24AM by muafan
nope. just making up a storyline. actually just read x-cutiners song synopsis  on wiki and welll actually i would like it better then my idea if they could do it. its az perfect storyline too given the end of xml2
the problem i have x-cutiners song is that cyc and  :phoenix: would be unplayable if they folowed the original storyline.
however, you could sub cable for them and so make it that his psycic call is what make the  :xmen_logo:.
so roster if it was x-cutiners song:

Starters:
:cyclops:
:wolverine:
:storm:
:colossus:

first XTP:
:phoenix:
Boom-boom
:cball:
:domino:
:quicks:
:archangel:
:jubilee:
:beast:
:rogue:
:gambit:
:bishop:
:psylocke:
:polaris:
:iceman:
havok
:warpath:
:shadowcat2:

unlockables:
:apocalypse:
:cable:
:pyro: (action figure)
:dazzler: (action figure)

Well, this is a good idea muafan.

I think that if they really want to do a X-Men Legends 3 game then they should maybe think up a new storyline (of course by help Marvel). For the simple reasons that it is hard to translate a story from comic to game. It can easily fail or get superficial, I think a good example for that is XML2 you know there was no Cable even mentioned, why Bishop was there wasn´t even mentioned and things like that I thought that strange. I think it is a lot easier for game developers to program a game which fits really to do the idea of the gameplay.

I'd prefer it if Jean had NO phoenix powers. It would ruin the game. Dazzler? Really? What good would she be to a team apart from confuse plus there would be no sound whatsoever when you play the game with her on your team.

Quote from: BlackSun23 on December 01, 2008, 03:17AM
I think that if they really want to do a X-Men Legends 3 game then they should maybe think up a new storyline (of course by help Marvel). For the simple reasons that it is hard to translate a story from comic to game. It can easily fail or get superficial, I think a good example for that is XML2 you know there was no Cable even mentioned, why Bishop was there wasn´t even mentioned and things like that I thought that strange. I think it is a lot easier for game developers to program a game which fits really to do the idea of the gameplay.

I agree, it is kind of difficult to follow the comics exclusively.  I do however feel that they should use either a flashback mode like in xml1 or MUA.  Maybe they can do one for each character like in MUA to unlock a final costume and have other flashbacks. 

I love the phoenix/dark phoenix story lines myself, but don't see it too translatable to a whole game.  I think that the classic story lines that we want to see should be in a flashback or danger room setting.  (ie. Dark Phoenix Saga, Xcutioner's Song, Hellfire (not really a story, but big contenders in the comics), Inferno etc. )

So basically the game should be something kind of original but still have the classic elements as flashbacks via sidequests. 

I would like to see a more MUA system, but still have some elements from the XML2 system like 2 xtremes (attack/boost), more costumes, and the equip/shop system.  I do like the passives attached to the costumes, but would like to see at least six with a variable option (for instance have Jean have a Phoenix costume with passives but allow us to click a button to load a varriant costume like Dark Phoenix or White Phoenix).

From the Ashes she will rise.

I have to agree with you on the extremes, i really did not like how its set up in MUA, i want them to be individual xtremes not team xtremes.

personally i want it to continue with how XML2 ended, with Mr Sinister being the big bad. The first level or act, would have the X-Men going against Magneto and his Brotherhood or Acolytes.  Fighting the Marauders, saving the Morlocks, fighting evil clones, somehow involving the Hellfire Club since i would love to fight them.  And flashback missions that either explains why certain villians are there helping Sinister or missions to establish these new villains (for example why was Stryfe in the past helping out Apocalypse).
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Magneto, Morlocks, Brotherhood and Acolytes were all done in Legends 1 why would the wanna go back there? That would make the game boring. There are plenty of other X-Villans out there. they should move forward not backwards.

Quote from: nodoubt_jr on January 07, 2009, 01:34PM
I have to agree with you on the extremes, i really did not like how its set up in MUA, i want them to be individual xtremes not team xtremes.

I know that team thing was so annoying.  How long it took sometimes to just fill up those bars was annoying only to go out in one big bang.  I guess they never heard about conservation!!!!  I have to agree to have Sinister as the boss in XML3, maybe that is a way to do an XML alt universe Inferno!!!  That way they even have an excuse if they want to add some random characters in as bonuses like they did in XML2 since Inferno affected all of the NYC area.  At least a character from Spiderman or the Fantastic 4 would make sense since all heroes in that area were hit with it!!!!  I doubt that they would do the separate teams though (X-Factor and X-Men), but they can just make an alternate universe story line around it. 

Also Jean turning into Dark Phoenix might make the game too easy.  But then again Dark Phoenix might hinder things as well since she would possibly turn on her teammates (just like she says in XML2 when she is bored :) ).  She is so deliciously evil sometimes (or most times)!!!!
  From the Ashes she will rise.

They could make a game with the full  history of the x-men. Something like Past-Present-Future

The Past part would deal with the origin of the x-men, the Krakoa Island saga and some old villains (like Magneto & The Brotherhood, Emma Frost as the White Queen and Dark Phoenix). At this start we would have:

1-Cyclops
2-Jean Grey
3-Archangel(NEW)
4-Beast
5-Iceman
6-Polaris(NEW)
7-Havok(NEW)
8-Storm
9-Wolverine
10-Colossus
11-Nighcrawler
12-Banshee(NEW)
13-Sunfire
14-Dazzler(NEW)

At The Present Part, the x-men will be larger and there's going to be modern villains (Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister and Spiral & Mojo). The x-men of the previous part will have new skins and with them will join:

15-Psylocke
16-Rogue
17-Gambit
18-Shadowcat(NEW)
19-Jubilee
20-Emma Frost
21-Sage(NEW)
22-Northstar(NEW)
23-Danielle Moonstar(NEW)
24-Warpath(NEW)
25-Cannonball

And a special team of young & new x-men:

25-Cannonball
26-Magma
27-Wolfsbane(NEW)

In The Future the sentinels are all over the places and the x-men must destroy Mastermold to escape from extinction. Meanwhile, Earth is been atacked by Shiars and Skrulls. Now is time for future characters and new heroes:

28-Cable
29-X-Man
30-Bishop
31-Domino(NEW)
32-Pixie(NEW)
33-Armor(NEW)
34-X-23(NEW)
35-Hellion(NEW)

It would be a perfect game. With all that the gamers want: lot of characters and large game timing

Quote from: kyle29 on March 08, 2009, 10:04AM
They could make a game with the full  history of the x-men. Something like Past-Present-Future

The Past part would deal with the origin of the x-men, the Krakoa Island saga and some old villains (like Magneto & The Brotherhood, Emma Frost as the White Queen and Dark Phoenix). At this start we would have:

1-Cyclops
2-Jean Grey
3-Archangel(NEW)
4-Beast
5-Iceman
6-Polaris(NEW)
7-Havok(NEW)
8-Storm
9-Wolverine
10-Colossus
11-Nighcrawler
12-Banshee(NEW)
13-Sunfire
14-Dazzler(NEW)

At The Present Part, the x-men will be larger and there's going to be modern villains (Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister and Spiral & Mojo). The x-men of the previous part will have new skins and with them will join:

15-Psylocke
16-Rogue
17-Gambit
18-Shadowcat(NEW)
19-Jubilee
20-Emma Frost
21-Sage(NEW)
22-Northstar(NEW)
24-Warpath(NEW)
25-Cannonball

And a special team of young & new x-men:

25-Cannonball
26-Magma
27-Wolfsbane(NEW)

In The Future the sentinels are all over the places and the x-men must destroy Mastermold to escape from extinction. Meanwhile, Earth is been atacked by Shiars and Skrulls. Now is time for future characters and new heroes:

28-Cable
29-X-Man
30-Bishop
31-Domino(NEW)
32-Pixie(NEW)
33-Armor(NEW)
34-X-23(NEW)
35-Hellion(NEW)

It would be a perfect game. With all that the gamers want: lot of characters and large game timing

That looks exatcly how I would want XML3 to be too.
Trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken, but you can still see the crack on that motherf*cker's reflection
My Mods for XML2: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3018.0

March 09, 2009, 09:00AM #71 Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 10:26AM by {:}toxin{:}
I THINK IT SHOULD BE THE PHALANX COVANENT ONLY RIGHT
STARTERS;
ROSTER
:cyclops:
:shard:
:storm:
:cable:
:rogue:
:colossus:
:magneto:
:iceman:
:nightcrawler:
:x-23:
:psylocke:
:northstar:
:husk:
:hellion:
:blink:
:phoenix:
:sunfire:
:pyro:
:sunspot:
:wbane:
:sage:
:chamber:
:banshee:
:beast:
  UNLOCKABLES
  :venom:
:spiderman:
:moonk:
:apocalypse:
:abyss:
:deadpool: BUT WITH BETTER POWERS
:quicks:
:stooth:
:toad:
:sinister: help him on a mission
ACTION FIGURES
:xman:
:archangel:
:panther:
:madrox:
:havok:
:morph:
DANGER ROOM UNLOCKS
PHALANX KING :lockie: :ban: :rockon:
PLOT
mastermold is finally destorying all mutants ofthe word then if things could not get worst the phalanx covanent is trying to make war with earth so it's up to the mutants to stop both the phalanx and mastermold before earth is destroyed
HOW VENOM GOT IN THIS: while spideRman and the x-men are fighting sentinals and phalanx spiderman see venom about to get destoryed by a phalanx and saves him since venom is a symbiote and the story line is phalanx and sentinals its only right.
HOW SPIDERMAN GOT IN  THIS:
the city where spider man has been living just been destroyed he has just came back from
counter earth so he's still in the  unlimited costume and he's trying to save a captuered M.J.
HOW MOON KNIGHT GOT IN THIS:
he's being hunted by sentinals he thinks hope is lost when spiderman cannonball, wolverine, and beast pop out of nowhere and help him.
HOW BLACK PANTHER GOT IN THIS:
wukanda has just been destroyed trees hat trees everything is crisoed black panther needs help so he goes to the x-men.
EASY WAY TO SAY:
so the x-men have to travel back-n-forth in time and cities to stop the sentinals and the phalanx
that my friend is the perfect ame playable villians 45 peoples to play a long story line and a twist of two ultimate villians in  between the game + all the mods you did
IT COULD WORK THEY WOULD MAKE IT WORK THIS WOULD BE A GOOD STORY LINE
{:}I WAS ONLY PLAYING WHEN I SID I WAS GOING EAT HIM

a good apearence for the phalanx should be the one from the marvel encycliedia
vol.0
{:}I WAS ONLY PLAYING WHEN I SID I WAS GOING EAT HIM

A cool idea  would be if the game was based on the messiah complex. That would be so cool. And like you could pick to be either the x-men,the new x-men,x-force, the purifiers,or the marauders 
The playable characters could be:
X-men          NEW X-MEN     X-FORCE      PURIFIERS            MARAUDERS
1.CYCLOPS      1.DUST       1.WOLVERINE   1.BASTION            1.SINISTER
2.STORM        2.GENTLE     2.X-23        2.WILLIAM STRYKER    2.MALICE
3.ICEMAN       3 .PIXIE      3.WOLFSBANE   3.LEPER QUEEN        3.ARCLIGHT
4.ARMOR        4.ROCKSLIDE  4.WARPATH     4.DONALD PIERCE      4.EXODUS
5.EMMA FROST   5.MERCURY    5.ANGEL       5.REVEREND CRAIG     5.FRENZY
6.BEAST        6.HELLION    6.DOMINO      6.GRAYDON CREED      6.HARPOON
7.ANGEL        7.PRODIGY                  7.STEPHEN LANG       7.LADY MASTERMIND
8.CABLE        8.SURGE                    8.CAMERON HODGE      8.MYSTIQUE
9.CANNONBALL   9.ELIXIR                   9.BOLIVAR TRASK      9.OMEGA SENTINEL
10.COLOSSUS    10.ANOLE                                       10.MALICE
11.DAZZLER     11.X-23                                        11.PRISM
12.HEPZIBAH                                                   12.RANDOM
13.HUSK                                                       13.RIPTIDE
14.KARMA                                                      14.SCALPHUNTER
15.NIGHTCRAWLER                                               15.SCRAMBLER
16.WOLVERINE                                                  16.SUNFIRE
                                                              17.TEMPO
                                                              18.VERTIGO

I think that it should be a followup of XML2, but then they should like send Jean to an alternate dimension so that she can be out of the way.  :P
Give your life meaning when you come to Xaviers Institute.  Join us so that we can develop your mind as well as those devious powers that you may have ::wink::