UPDATED: Whiteking's XML2 mods and stuff: Emma Frost, Moonstone, NPC's and Skins

Started by whiteking, September 05, 2011, 09:20PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: whiteking on September 05, 2011, 09:26PM

Moonstone 2.1

This mod includes:

- Converted powers from her MUA mod, new Boost, second Xtreme.
- New skins and semi-unique sounds
- Moonstone's own items and sim mission.
- Extra packages for a new skin (23407)

Link to Version 2.1
http://www.mediafire.com/?qaui9p031rufj9f

*Changes
- Increased the energy that some powers used. Now it's more balanced.
- Fixed the damage on "Blinding light"
- Added Energy regeneration factor to her "Energy Combat" passive.
- Added new packages.

Please report any bug here or in my workbench tread. Positive feedback is always appreciated. If someone has an account on a different site from Mediafire, please post a mirror for those who can't access to Mediafire :)

Thanks to

Raven/Vicarious Vision (Game, original files, effects from MUA/MUA2)
Nodoubt_jr (Some codes and effects from Invisible Woman, help with XML2 huds, sounds and XML2 modding)
Deedooo (Hammer and Tron skins)
Marvel Watcher (Effects from his Banshee mod/Songbird Thunderbolts skin)
Blaw (skinning/huds tutorial)

Enjoy!

man the link is down

UPDATED the link for the 2.1 version of Moonstone, it was down and I don't know why :S
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

You've done a wonderful job with your custom mods. Love Emma and Moonstone. Just perfect. And all of your skins are top-notch quality.

Did you ever release your Dark Cyclops reskin? The one that appears in this thread...

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4100.msg77037.html#msg77037

Well, have a good one. And I hope you return modding XML2... Perhaps you'd take requests/suggestions?

Thank you, I'm glad that you liked the mods! :)
No, I never released that reskin, but I'll search the file for those who are interested. I'm currently working on some skins and a new mod for MUA, so I don't have plans to mod XML2 for now.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

Well if you do find that Ultimate Cyclops skin I'd like to use it as a base for some skins of my own, if that's alright with you :]

Quote from: DeeDooo on January 22, 2012, 02:17AM
Well if you do find that Ultimate Cyclops skin I'd like to use it as a base for some skins of my own, if that's alright with you :]

I did a reskin of my own. It was pretty easy: copy and paste the XML2 texture in the Dark Cyclops model. I can upload it if you want.

WHich is the file for the New X-Men Emma's costume skin? I just want that skin. I'd appreciate your response. And thank you. Great, great skins you did there.

I don't know if you're planning on updating your Emma Frost mod, but I found a little bug. When you turn into diamond, and then back, Emma Frost turns back into... some other skin. The issue surely is solved by changing some values in the IGB files via hex-editor.

Her powers also seem to be kind of weak (at least for me, anyways). The damage of her attacks is very well below that of other psionic characters. Even with Mental Mastery. But maybe you just intended her to be that way.

Besides that, it's all very cool. I absolutely love your Polaris skin and voiceset, by the way. Stupendous work.

Hi!
About the thing with the diamond form, do you have the bug with all the skins or just the first one? because the first skin is actually the model that Blaw made for me and I have that bug too, lol, I've tried everything but nothing :(
I also included  a re-skin with an updated texture of her original XML1 skin with the mod, you can check if you have the bug with that skin just to be sure that the bug it's because the model and not because the powerstyle.

About the powers that is weird lol, many people told me that she's too powerfull :O
I gave her the damage that most of Jean's (Marvelfan first booster based on the original Jean from XML2) and Psylocke's powers (the original mod and Dihan's new mod) and some of her powers are a little bit more powerfull, for example her Psychic Bedlam is more powerfull than Jean's Phoenix Force (the original, not any of the 1000 bosters) lol, and her Shockwaves are devastating at higher levels.
The thing is that the damage of her powers increases with each new level, so at first Telepathic Illutions seems weak but at higher levels it does more damage mostly because I wanted to mimic the fact that she's constantly learning and increasing her skills.

I'm not planning any booster for her, I just recently added the Psionic Insanity from my XML2 mod, but I'm not sure If I'll release that add-on.
I know that Nowhere man made a booster for her, but I'm bot sure if he ever released it, you can ask him about that and tell him that I told you lol :)
Thank you so much for the feedback and I'm glad that you enjoyed the new voice for Polaris, she deserved a unique voice :D
Phoenix Endsong #5

Quote from: whiteking on July 10, 2012, 07:30PM
Hi!
About the thing with the diamond form, do you have the bug with all the skins or just the first one? because the first skin is actually the model that Blaw made for me and I have that bug too, lol, I've tried everything but nothing :(
I also included  a re-skin with an updated texture of her original XML1 skin with the mod, you can check if you have the bug with that skin just to be sure that the bug it's because the model and not because the powerstyle.

About the powers that is weird lol, many people told me that she's too powerfull :O
I gave her the damage that most of Jean's (Marvelfan first booster based on the original Jean from XML2) and Psylocke's powers (the original mod and Dihan's new mod) and some of her powers are a little bit more powerfull, for example her Psychic Bedlam is more powerfull than Jean's Phoenix Force (the original, not any of the 1000 bosters) lol, and her Shockwaves are devastating at higher levels.
The thing is that the damage of her powers increases with each new level, so at first Telepathic Illutions seems weak but at higher levels it does more damage mostly because I wanted to mimic the fact that she's constantly learning and increasing her skills.

I'm not planning any booster for her, I just recently added the Psionic Insanity from my XML2 mod, but I'm not sure If I'll release that add-on.
I know that Nowhere man made a booster for her, but I'm bot sure if he ever released it, you can ask him about that and tell him that I told you lol :)
Thank you so much for the feedback and I'm glad that you enjoyed the new voice for Polaris, she deserved a unique voice :D
You are thinking about MUA. This is XML2 Darnlin' XD

Quote from: DeeDooo on July 10, 2012, 09:30PM
You are thinking about MUA. This is XML2 Darnlin' XD

Lol, and that's what happen to you when you're absent from the forum from about 2 or 3 months lol.

Well the issue with the skins must be because the internal number, which is weird since I tested all the skins and there's nothing wrong with them and no one else has this problem as far I know.
And about the powers the answer is the same, I tried to put her on the same level than the official Jean from the game and Nodoubt_jr's Psylocke, and again she is not that powerfull at first levels but she become stronger as she gains more levels and skills.

Sorry for thinking about the other game when I'm on the XML2 board lol xD
Phoenix Endsong #5

OMG!!!!!!!!!! Love your XML2 releases Whiteking!! I'm so happy you still used my skins on your Emma mod!!

Thanks! Yup your skins are really cool :D
Phoenix Endsong #5

You were right about the powers, sorry... Just realized that the initial damage was low but then increased A LOT.

About the bug with the diamond form, the only skin that had a problem was the Last Stand Skin. Photographic evidence:

Before transforming:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/39/xmenlegends0000.png/

Transformation complete:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/690/xmenlegends0001.png/

Turning back into... Shock Trooper?
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/14/xmenlegends0002.png/

Not big a deal. Must be a problem with the internal numbers, indeed. Just wanted to give you a heads up. Still, amazing work with the skins and the mod. I love your X-Men movie skins. So unique. I guess that's why I noticed the bug - the other skins don't have it, but the skin I use the most does. Lol.