Magneto mod version 1.9.1 (Z) (fully compatible with OC 1.2)

Started by Dark_Mark, July 07, 2007, 01:33PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Yep! Right on the next mission, He was back to normal again!

TKS!
What Would You Do... If You Only Had... One More Day?

Quote from: Dark_Mark on January 24, 2009, 08:31AM

Changes in this version:
- By having Magneto on team in Mephisto's Realm, you can now save both Jean Grey and Nightcrawler!
- Changed the battle with Mephisto
- Slightly different game ending.
- Added alternative Rapidshare link.

Head for the first page for download links! :D

WOW! Will this version be in the new official pack? If it will, I could try waiting a bit more to get my hands on this! (You guys will ruin my academic life... lol)

Hi There!

First of all!
Thanks a lot to all MOD´ers!
Waited about one year for the new XBOX Chars!!!

I have a little Problem with the Magneto MOD. :magneto:
I´ll try to describe what i have already done and hope someone can help:

1. "Installed" the official charakters (newest Version)
2. "Installed" XML2 Charakters
3. after some(...) time i was able to get my new chars in the game (Magneto is in my rooster already)
4. Fight against the Murderworld Bug (read the forum, renamed the personal conversations, copied 2_murder2_070m from the Magneto Mod, no Cyc/Mag as active Chars)
   Victory after some trys :-)
5. "Installed" the Magneto MOD 1.8

Now(in my actual savegame):
a) Magneto looks like that:

b) His Special Ability is called:Metallic Mayhem
So some parts from the new mod should be allright?
c) Sound is alright, his name is not said when you choose him as charakter

BUT:
a) He still wears a helmet in strange´s sanctuarum
b) Xavier is Professor Xavier for Magneto, not Charles

So now my Questions:
1. Do i have to make a new game for the "new" magneto (conversations, helmet pp.)
2. Do i have to activate the new Magneto although the old one was added with heroselect?
3. I did NOT make the step with NRCompiler, may that be the fault?

Thx for the help!

Greetz

Quote from: Remy le Beau on February 10, 2009, 06:03AM
1. Do i have to make a new game for the "new" magneto (conversations, helmet pp.)
2. Do i have to activate the new Magneto although the old one was added with heroselect?
3. I did NOT make the step with NRCompiler, may that be the fault?

You should install the Magneto mod on top of everything else. This also means that you MUST add him manually to herostat.engb. This is because the Official Characters Magneto is incorrectly named magneto_hero, which causes many problems (conversation bugs etc.). Do everything according to the mod readme and it will work just fine.
You may freely use and modify my work as long as you give me proper credit - there's no need to ask for my permission.

Allright!

That means after adding him manually i must start a new game?
Or can i use the old save slot?

QuoteYou should install the Magneto mod on top of everything else. This also means that you MUST add him manually to herostat.engb. This is because the Official Characters Magneto is incorrectly named magneto_hero, which causes many problems (conversation bugs etc.). Do everything according to the mod readme and it will work just fine.

Hmm I´m not a great modder and i have some probs understanding this part of your readme.txt:
QuoteTo make Magneto playable, go to your game "data" folder and decompile herostat.engb file (using either NRCompiler or XMLB-COMPILE),
replace any existing character with text from herostat.txt provided in this package, then recompile it.
Remember to replace "menulocation = XX ;" with the menu location number of the character you are replacing.

Is there any manual for the nrcompiler?
I didn´t find a manual for that anywhere
I tried what i found but i can´t use it.

When i decompile with dosbox it says that it was succesfully decompiled into herostat.txt

If i understand you the right way i have to replace the name from magneto_hero (Official Heroes) in magneto (Your Mod)

And now?

Thx for answering

Thinking about your Answer and reading your manual + trying a bit made it run.

THX a lot!!

Hi!!
This mod is awesome, I fight against Blackheart and when I go to save the x men woowww!!! both saved!!! how?? download this mod and discover it! You must have this mod really.
Thanks Dark_Mark, fantastic work!!!!

:emmafrost:
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

I not sure if this is the place to ask, but Magneto doesn't seem to have a voice in his special dialog. I'm quite sure that when he talks with fing fang foom he has a voice but he doesn't,  the dialog seems to be  correct since magnet says the helicarrier is made of metal. In my last replay I remember Cyclops didn't have a voice too. I'm using OfficialCharsBV4 and manually changed Magneto to Magneto ver.Z 1.8 by Dark_Mark. Is normal for them to not have voices in their special dialog? Is there something else i need to specifically change. Thanks for any help , also to Dark_Mark, awesome mod.

That's perfectly normal. The conversation voices are encoded in a proprietary format on the XBOX 360, and cannot be played on the PC. Fear not, however, as lately Teancum has made great progress in this area, and we may yet get them to work. No promises or deadlines though.  :magneto:  :venom:  :cyclops:  :stooth:
You may freely use and modify my work as long as you give me proper credit - there's no need to ask for my permission.

Does this version do that weird "float" thing that the Magneto in the official character mod does?  Instead of walking?

June 02, 2009, 11:22AM #221 Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 12:07PM by Dark_Mark
New in version 1.9:
QuoteAdded voiceovers for Magneto-Foom and Magneto-Xavier conversations.
Fixed the issue with Arcade's androids not copying Magneto's models.
Added two missing power sounds (minor ones though).
Made the mod fully compatible with Official Characters 1.0 (no need to backup anything but Xorn model/hud icon when installing the mod).

Please provide a mirror link? Mediafire blocked for me!

First post updated with rapidshare mirror.

Thanks a lot!!!