Marvel Mods Team Tournament!! 10-26-11

Started by Jeanfan321, September 27, 2011, 07:02PM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 27, 2011, 07:02PM Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 11:21AM by Jeanfan321
I propose a THE MARVEL MODS TEAM TOURNAMENT:

This is a tournament to be play with the same team through the Hard mode of Marvel: Ultimate Alliance.Can you do it and defeat the Master's of Evil? We shall see!

PLEASE READ RULES BEFORE PARTICIPATING!! ( rules maybe subject to change):

GETTING STARTED: 1 team, Hard Level, Use Default Statistics

WHO CAN I PLAY AS?: Any MUA Character or Mods you want, AS LONG AS NO ONE IS USING THEM. See the most updated version of the standings (more info on that below) to determine if the characters you want to play with is currently "active." With somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 characters available from MUA, the official characters pack, the XML2 Pack, and our other awesome Marvel Mods, you should have plenty of heroes (or villains!) to choose from.

REDISTRIBUTING SKILL POINTS: You may redistribute the Default skill points in any way you wish before you begin the game. 

COSTUMES: You may use any of your character's costumes, invest in costume passives for multiple skins, and switch costumes as often as you like.

DEATH IS NOT FINAL: If you die, AT LEAST 2 characters must be alive.If you have less than 2 you must start over on a new run through the game. You can do this with the same team you died with, or choose a new team. You may re-enter as many times as you wish.If only 1 or 2 of your teamates die you MUST wait until there revived to go any further.

WINNING: The tournament ends when no one has posted a progress update in this thread for at least 2 weeks. The winner will be the player who has gone the farthest through the game with the same team. If there is a tie (such as two teams finishing the game), the winner will be the one who completed it in the shortest amount of in-game time, as displayed on the save/load screen.

POSTING YOUR PROGRESS: As you make significant progress in your quest against Doom, such as defeating a boss or entering a new act, you MUST post a picture of your runthrough at least after each act or every 3 to 4 levels

Here is the code:

PLAYER    TEAM:       Current Area:

To sign up, simply post your team, or add your name and characters to the standings table.

Part of the fun of this tournament is trying to stay alive as long as possible--feel free to share NDE's (Near Death Experiences) or other fun times from your run through the game in this thread. If you die, please tell us the manner of your demise, no matter how embarrassing: ^^

Take a break from modding and beat some stuff up! Good luck!

This is everyone who is playing Well i'm free for the weekend so ima play :P

PLAYER:        TEAM:                                                                       Current Area:
Jeanfan321   Jean Grey,Songbird,Captain America,and Hulk        Mephisto's Realm

PLAYER:       TEAM:                                                            Current Area:                                               
fox456          Johnny,Captain Marvel,Angel,Silver Surfer    Helicarrier Start

PLAYER:               TEAM:                                                                  Current Area:
Nowhere Man        Dr Strange, Psylocke, Thor, Ms. Marvel              Completed

PLAYER:               TEAM:                                                                  Current Area:
Polygone             Emma Frost,Iron Man,Giant Man,Rogue                 Stark Tower

PLAYER:               TEAM:                                                       Current Area:
Venom64             Hellion, Sunfire, Cyclops, Rockslide           Project Labs

PLAYER:                                               TEAM:                                                                                Current Area:
SuperNatural-Witch        Invisible Woman, Avalanche, Scarlet Witch, Crystal                             Stark Tower     

So far this everyone who is playing

I think this is totally cool, but can't participate till oct 20th. just hope the game is still on when I come back. can I reserve characters in advance?
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

Suree! Go ahead :)

And also would anyone be so kind and keep track of everyone?
That way I can post it back to the 1st post

Nowhere Man        Dr Strange, Psylocke, Thor, Ms. Marvel                       Helicarrier Start                 
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

I can try and keep track, btw I think first place should get something for this.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

@ Jeanfan321:

First I need to clarify two things.

1. Are you saying that if just one of the characters dies, you have to stop right there where you are in the game for the 5 minutes it takes to revive them and then continue (no fighting with the other three, even if you're in big battle)?

2. So the only way a player has to start over completely is if 3 characters were to die before the first one of the three has revived?

I'm going to join the tournament.

PLAYER:  fox456
TEAM:  Human Torch, Captain Marvel, Silver Surfer, Angel
CURRENT AREA:  Hellicarrier Start
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

@Fox456

1.Yes if anyone one your team dies you must wait the 5 minutes and revive them then procede.But, if you only have 1 character left then you have to start all over.

2.Kind of. if you were to start fighting scorpion and all of your characters died except for Silver Surfer you would have to start a new game.If you only had 2 characters like Johnny and Captain Marvel that died then you dont have to start over but you MUST revive them as soon as possible before proceeding into the game

PLAYER:                                               TEAM:                                                                                Current Area:
SuperNatural-Witch        Invisible Woman, Psylocke, Scarlet Witch, Ms. Marvel                       Helicarrier Start                 

September 28, 2011, 08:14AM #8 Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 08:32AM by Polygone
im in :D (probally not making it but still)
Characters :

Emma Frost (whiteking), Elixer Nightcrawler (with nowhereman fixes :D) and Rogue (with Nowhereman booster)

The first two kinda serve as healers (emma's boost, elixers light form) and Nightcrawler and Rogue serve to K!CK some ass!

Im going to start later on, City of Heroes is currently reparing, and when its done, (hopefully) everything should work ok, so im first gonna play City of heroes (hope we can all relate to that xD)
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

If it's ok, I'd like to try this :) Can we choose the same character that someone else ahs chosen if its a different boost or mod?

September 28, 2011, 12:45PM #10 Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 12:49PM by Jeanfan321
@SuperNatural-Witch sorry you can't use psylocke or ms marvel cause Nowhereman is using him. :/

@Scabbia Nope sorry gotta be different characters all the way even if you use a different boost or mod.

THis is how it's gonna be difficult which is why you should reserve character's now :D

EDIT:Just made the rules more clear so if you want re read it.

I'm curious to know who all is in the tournament so far?

A funny thing happened to me in the hellicarrier at one point.  I entered a new level and was playing as Human Torch.  Angel gets this bright idea to rush down the stairs and gets "stuck" in a corner in some fire.  I kept hearing his groans and noticed his icon was turning red.  I quickly switched over to Angel and flew him out of the fire, saving him from his fiery death!  Nothing like that has ever happened to me before.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Angel was always a bright X-men xD

Im going to start today, only need to add Elixer to my roster and then probally die xD

September 30, 2011, 06:02AM #13 Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 07:44AM by Polygone
Ok, sorry for the double post :P
But I edited my team

Right now its Nowheremans Rogue, Nowheremans Ironman, Scabbia´s Giant Man, and Whitekings Emma

Currently defeated Bullseye and I have to say, that Whitekings emma is extremly helpfull, does the team get low health? Queen´s blessing, Hard enemy? Shockwave em to death or turn into diamond form? Bunch of enemies? Control some or use some radials, amazing :D

EDIT : You have got to be kidding, my game crashed at Stark Tower *sigh*

Like I said I really need to reinstall my game again :P,

Count me out guys, When im done with Xavier im gonna re-install my game K? :)

September 30, 2011, 12:41PM #14 Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 09:55PM by Jeanfan321
Well i'm free for the weekend so ima play :P

PLAYER:        TEAM:                                                                       Current Area:
Jeanfan321   Jean Grey,Songbird,Captain America,and Hulk        Helicarrier Start   

PLAYER:       TEAM:                                                            Current Area:                                               
fox456          Johnny,Captain Marvel,Angel,Silver Surfer    Helicarrier Start

Nowhere Man        Dr Strange, Psylocke, Thor, Ms. Marvel              Stark Tower after Heli   

Polygone             Emma Frost,Iron Man,Giant Man,Rogue                 Stark Tower

PLAYER:               TEAM:                                                       Current Area:
Venom64             Hellion, Sunfire, Cyclops, Rockslide           Heli Barracks

SuperNatural-Witch        Invisible Woman, Avalanche, Scarlet Witch, Crystal                             Stark Tower     

So far this everyone who is playing