DC Universe Online

Started by White Queen, September 29, 2011, 04:26AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: TheStorm on November 07, 2011, 06:17AM
I can't download that much gb, it's too much, so I am going to wait for you guys to post more photos of your characters, please.
And why is this game not available for Xbox?

game is not on the xbox is because it is by Sony, thus it is on the PS3 as well

Quote from: TheStorm on November 07, 2011, 06:17AM
And why is this game not available for Xbox?

Because it's made by SONY, the company that owns the Playstation line of consoles.  They wouldn't make games for their competitors.  It would be the same thing as Nintendo creating Mario games or Microsoft creating Halo games for the PS3.

Back on topic though, I've definitely found that playing with an Xbox 360 controller plugged into my computer is the way to go with DCUO.  It makes the combat much easier and more fun.  However, the missions have been so repetitive, it keeps me from playing for more than 30 minutes or so a day.

Quote from: ragincajun on November 07, 2011, 06:51AM
Back on topic though, I've definitely found that playing with an Xbox 360 controller plugged into my computer is the way to go with DCUO.  It makes the combat much easier and more fun.  However, the missions have been so repetitive, it keeps me from playing for more than 30 minutes or so a day.
I play it with an Xbox 360 controller too. On the repetitive thing, most MMOs are like that (not mentioning most sports games or car games). I myself never got sucked into an MMO before, so I love it

I was never much of an MMO player...tried my hand at WOW and didn't like it...but this I am having ton of fun...maybe it is the comic book lore that's keeping me going

and I am not even a big DC guy...I am more of a Marvel guy :P

Quote from: edheng23 on November 07, 2011, 10:02AM
I was never much of an MMO player...tried my hand at WOW and didn't like it...but this I am having ton of fun...maybe it is the comic book lore that's keeping me going

and I am not even a big DC guy...I am more of a Marvel guy :P
This comment is better than mine, so I second this

Has anyone here bought/downloaded the "Fight for the Light" DLC?  I'm wondering if its worth the investment.

Well, I'm playing the entire free part, so I'm not planning to buy it, but if you like this whole Lantern Corps thing, then you probably should :)

GL is probably my favourite hero on DC so I may get it in the near future...but as it stands I haven't :P

god damn it. I can't complain about the performance of my PC, cause it's about 7yo and works just as well as when I first got it, but being this old it's limited. no DC online for me ¬¬
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

That's sad. You don't know what you leave out on

Quote from: Nowhere Man on November 08, 2011, 07:01AM
god damn it. I can't complain about the performance of my PC, cause it's about 7yo and works just as well as when I first got it, but being this old it's limited. no DC online for me ¬¬

7 years is a long time to not upgrade...I upgrade mine every 5 years with a graphic card change every 2...

I did a major overhaul a couple of days back as I wanted DDR3 Ram and USB 3.0 :D

oh, it's not for a lack of upgrade, it's just that it already has the best it can have. now, to upgrade, a new pc would be necessary, cause the processor and mother board are both really old and can't really be upgraded.
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

Quote from: Nowhere Man on November 08, 2011, 11:52AM
oh, it's not for a lack of upgrade, it's just that it already has the best it can have. now, to upgrade, a new pc would be necessary, cause the processor and mother board are both really old and can't really be upgraded.

ah I see, my recent upgrade was literally an overhaul, new motherboard, new power box, new ram, new processor and new gfx card (old one was a 460gtx)

also do people actually upgrade the mb? I usually just do a full overhaul every 5-6 years, which is like those new parts i mentioned

I like the Fight for the Light pack, you get a cool costume unlocked, a glowing ring on your hand everytime. And you can create construct. Like Razor Saws, Hammers ect. I believe it is really fun

Quote from: ragincajun on November 07, 2011, 06:51AM
Because it's made by SONY, the company that owns the Playstation line of consoles.  They wouldn't make games for their competitors.  It would be the same thing as Nintendo creating Mario games or Microsoft creating Halo games for the PS3.

I am very well aware of the fact that Sony owns the Playstation line of consoles, but I was not aware of the fact that they made the game. Thank you for answering so politely.

Cheers.

I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!