Captain Britain - New Booster by sbarth13

Started by The Boy Sanga, July 09, 2007, 11:15AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: iammingy on February 10, 2008, 01:14AM
Always get the latest version for mods, which is 1.3. :)

http://www.danmallinson.co.uk/MUA/CaptainBritainV1_3.zip

Updated to V1.4 with the new mannequin added - don't have MUA installed ATm so files may not be consistant. If so please let me know!

Hey, The Boy Sanga, I have just downloaded it, the animations are kinda clunky...? Like, I am geting anims from Captain America or something...?

And, the packages should go under ..\packages\generated\characters

Uh-oh, thats not good, give me a few minutes and I should (hopefully) be able to solve it...are skins and everything else working fine?

Ok this one 'should' work - I've just copied my new files into Version 1.3. (Hopefully no Captain America animations present - unless old James Jaspers is back...)

Sorry, that didn't work.

This is power 4... He slides, but he has no anims. This looks quite cool actually. haha

This should be power 3... He keeps running at the same spot; displacement = 0

This is how he flies, kinda like the common jump_doubleloop anim.

! That's really strange! Looks like I'll have to re-install and see whats up...strange thing is its the same mod thats worked for others before - all I've done is thrown in the new skin and mannequin - his animations should look like Thors - I don't think I have any references to Captain America any more...

Give me a couple of days to see if I can find the problem myself and solve it - if anyone has this problem, please let me know!

February 10, 2008, 06:41PM #53 Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 06:50PM by Gevth
I believe I figured the problem: iammingy, extract the files in a new folder, and if you compare them to the folder in the main MUA directory, you'll see that there are a couple that should be inside other folders. What I mean is that you've got to put the entities, fightstyles and powerstyles folder inside the data folder. I bet that if you check your main MUA folder, you'll find the ones I mentioned in there, but they'll only have Captain Britain's files.

Sorry if I make it sound confusing, I'm better at figuring out problems than explaining them.

EDIT:

In the extracted folder, you'll find the following folders: actors, hud, packages, textures, ui, entities, fightstyles, powerstyles and talents (plus the herostat entry and credits)

actors, hud, textures and ui are ready to be pasted in the main MUA folder.
entities, fightstyles, powerstyles and talents need to be put inside the data folder.
The files inside the packages folder need to be cut and pasted in packages->generated->characters.

February 10, 2008, 06:45PM #54 Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 07:07PM by iammingy
Yeah, I have those in the right place already.

EDIT: I think I know why. Your packages are built incorrectly.

First, you don't need to have all of captainbritain_6902, captainbritain_6902_c, captainbritain_6902_nc for 6902
You can throw the _c away... haha. The other 2 should be sufficient.

Second, the entry of actoranimdb doesn't agree with the herostat? You said you wanted Thor's, but I see Iron Man in the packages:

actoranimdb {
   filename = 15_ironman_4_combat ;
   }

actoranimdb {
   filename = 15_ironman ;
   }

I can see what you mean although I get no animations apart from the standard running etc and he can't fly or double jump! I'll look into my packages and see if i can find any problems there...

I would recommend creating a 69_captbritain.igb and 69_captbritain_4_combat.igb and reference these 2 in the packages and the herostat.

EDIT: I posted some stuff in the post above.

February 10, 2008, 07:28PM #57 Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 07:36PM by The Boy Sanga
I did all that but it stayed the same. Didn't BliZZ create a special fightstyle default for X-Men legends skins? I remember having to download that for some mods so would that file be needed?

Edit: I added fightstyles_default.igb from the fightstyles pack  - has it present when I first created the mod so i didn't think about it. A fixed version should be going up soon...

February 10, 2008, 07:40PM #58 Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 07:52PM by iammingy
No, that only affects the normal melee attacks. Cap Britain uses Cap A's, which is fightstyle default. The only thing I have problems with are the power anims and flying anims. I do have the fightstyle_default (captain america's 4_comabat) and all other stuff needed. I will take a look at the powerstyle and packages to see what's going on...

EDIT: I will just wait and try v1.6 then...haha

Oh well I edited the files as you said and it didn't solve the problem then downloaded the fightstyle_default by Blizz and it did! I think the default I'm using may be based off Thor (heard it somewhere - but I don't know where) - all I do know is that for some reason its working again for me and the above is what I did?! Thanks for helping me out by the way!