Captain Britain - New Booster by sbarth13

Started by The Boy Sanga, July 09, 2007, 11:15AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Version 1.2 Uploaded featuring better effects for Captain Britain's X-Treme and a loading screen

Costume bolton's looking doubtful but I'm currently attempting the comic book mission...

The mod just didn't work for me, I'm afraid.

None of the powers showed up, no matter how much I tried different possibilities.  Additionally, there were none of the add-ons for the costumes.

Oh well--I'll keep checking back for later versions.  I've grown fond of Captain Britain lately.

To answer some of your questions from earlier...

The Dazzler mod available is the same Dazzler as is currently in New Excalibur (actually, I'm pretty sure that's the only Dazzler in existence).

Nocturne has a number of abilities.  She can possess a person's body (leaving their body will knock them unconscious).  She can fire projectile attacks that she calls "Hex Bolts" after her mother's (Scarlet Witch) power (although they aren't connected to her mother's powers at all).  She also has a very latent telepathy.  She also has her father's agility.

Hmmm, which version of the mod did you try (1.1 or 1.2) as it looks like its a package related problem.

I was thinking about looking into a nocturn skin but then realised without doing some heavy modelling (which I cannot do) then it wouldn't look right.

As for Dazzler all the pictures looked different from the one I knew (i.e. pink hair) so i was just confused.

Let me know which mod you tried and I'll look into what's wrong...

I tried 1.2.

As for Dazzler...she dyed her hair.  Not sure when though, but it's still Alison Blaire.

And I've got a question (related to both your mod and a ton of other mods...)

For flying characters, is it really difficult to design the flying model for them?  I've just noticed that all the custom mods I've seen for flying characters have the same animation (a basic jump pose that hovers in midair without moving) and since I don't mod myself, and noticed it in a lot of mods, I just didn't know if it was really difficult to do for some reason.

Anyway, thanks, I really want to give Captain Britain a try.

Hmm, ok, try installing version 1.1 (try the packages first and if that fails, try the entire mod) over the top of 1.2 and see if that works as the packeages is all I can think of being funny...

ok cool, might get the dazzler mod for my new excalibur team

as for the flying i think it depends on the animation set you use for the flying as most use the standard poses but i think some (such as iron man) have different animations and i think some don't have any at all

I tried a number of different combinations, but couldn't get him to work.

Oh well.

Hmm, I can't see why it's not working then.

I take it you've managed to install other mods ok? Otherwise I'm afraid I can't help, sorry. The problem sounds like its to do with the packages...try searching your ultimate alliance directories for captainbritain and 6902,6903,6904 and 6905 cos it could be that you might be missing a file...

i'll go see if i've got those files when on the computer i've got my stuff on.  i assume those are .igb files?

And yeah.  Done other mods.  Currently i have Dazzler, Phoenix, and Quicksilver running.

July 30, 2007, 06:13PM #23 Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 06:20PM by iammingy
Quote from: shanealt on July 30, 2007, 05:46PM
i'll go see if i've got those files when on the computer i've got my stuff on.  i assume those are .igb files?

EDIT: WOOPS... sorry those are not IGB files!!!! Ignore my last post!

\Activision\Marvel - Ultimate Alliance\packages\generated\characters

All the files here should be PKGB files. The Boy Sanga just wanted you to look for something like, "captainbritain_6902.pkgb" (and 03 04 05)

Here you go, what I would consider a 'Final' mod including all of the features of a playable character (excluding sound and simulator...plus others probably...).

Difference from V 1.2 is the added mannequin that may also be downloaded separatally.

Gave up on Comic Simulator due to too much effort required in trying to sort it out, gave up on costume specific boltons as my attempts provided no results.

I hope you all enjoy using this mod as much as I did making it

(Note: For best effect, download Marvel Girl and Pete Wisdom, Psylocke, Colossus , Nightcrawler , Dazzler and Juggernaut to play with an Excalibur / New Excalibur team).

Just...  :bowdown1:

Can't try the update yet, but I'm curious. Who did you use for the mannequin?

Thanks! Decided upon The Human Torch's mannequin as it was a 'bald' model without any extra items (guns etc) and the animation was 'in character' (did try default man, 0000.igb, but it has no normal colour map just the lighting one...)

September 25, 2007, 03:00AM #28 Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 03:09AM by The Boy Sanga
Since you asked:

Costumes

Mannequin

Loading Screen

X-Treme
Just missed the height of the move but you can see the effects...

Excalibur

Pete Wisdom and Marvel Girl by Boreman, Colossus as part of the Nex Gen Mod

New Excalibur

Psylocke by Burning Rage, Juggernaut converted XML2 (Blizz ?)