Captain Britain - New Booster by sbarth13

Started by The Boy Sanga, July 09, 2007, 11:15AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hmmm...I tried to download and ran into the same problems as shanealt.  No powers, no costume stats and only 2 costumes loaded. :(

November 05, 2007, 01:34AM #31 Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 01:49AM by The Boy Sanga
Hmmm, which version did you try? My best answer is probably to try an earlier version. I'll probably do a clean install sometime soon since i've messed up a few of my files anyway so I can do a fresh mod and not have all my files lingering about...

Also, just in case you are doing this, ensure that you don't renumber any of the files as 6901 is used for an inbuilt enemy.

Thanks for the quick reply, the first time I tried version 1.3. I just deleted it and tried version 1.2 but unfortunately that didn't help anything. 

The skins look great though and I'm very anxious to give him a try! 

November 05, 2007, 04:09AM #33 Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 04:33PM by The Boy Sanga
Right, I'm re-installing it now, but as this takes a while I may not be able to try it out until later on today. Still can't think what the problem could be (unless I'm missing files from my original install...).

If i get time there's probably a few modifications I want to make.

Edit: Doubt I'll be able to help any time soon, my pc's seriously messed up due to a failed re-installation. Could you list all of the files numbered 69** and captain britain along with where you're putting them as that might help?

Edit2: Seriously messed up my MUA disc hence the comp failure, not i gotta order a new one...  gonna be a bit longer till I can help I'm afraid.

aha finally some success!  I went searching through the files and for some reason when I copied all of my captain Britain folders into my MUA directory, instead of merging folders like it should have new folders were being created outside of their rightful spots.  I simply cut and paste these wandering files and presto, working Captain Britain moveset with accessory costumes and passives!  Thank you so much for your help though!

And I must commend you, for not a ton of options you stretched out his repitoire very nicely.  And now I can have an Excalibur to be proud of:  Captain Britain, Nightcrawler, Colossus and Shadowcat  (just reskinned wolverine and pretended kitty spent 10 years chainsmoking in vegas)   

thanks! Was thinking of, potentially, re-visiting his moves at some point (as he has no team boosts or projectiles - in one issue he forms his force field into a hand and i think he's been known to fire off projectiles too according to the marvel superheroes game) and potentially a few more skins (such as Captain UK). I'd still like to add the boltons too at some point but I don't know how to make them costume specific.

As for Excalibur, do you know about some of the other mods lying about such as Pete Wisdom, Marvel Girl and Psylocke?

Oh definately, I've tried out like 90% of the mods here.  I even have Dazz and Psylocke on my team at the moment and I'm going to give Ol. Mr. Wisdom a try tonight.   

He was english secret agent who worked to a organization named black air, that replace Weird Happenings Organisation (W.H.O.), he start work with excalibur just before age of apocalypse ( if i'm not wrong) and became romantticaly involved with kitty pryde after sometimes he worked in x- force and now returns to new excalibur. His power is some kind of " thermal knives" that come out from his fingers. 

Oh, he was the one with hot knives. Thanks, Sasquatch!

Is it only me or does the charge power of Cap Brit look really wired? On my PC he does charge forward, but there is no animation. He just stands up straight. Looks very weird.

Which move do you mean? Airborne Special (I think its called?) Where he flies straight ahead? He's supposed to be flying forwards - unless you also mean Knockback? He actually swings his fist in a circle (when he had the sword bolton you could see the actual movement of his arm). It just moves really quickly.

If ever I get any free time and re-install MUA I'll probably re-visit the mod since I've read a lot more Captain Britain since then...

"Airborne Special" could be right (don't have the game at hand right now). In any case, yep he is flying straight ahead and can be steered a slight bit while doing so. The problem is I'd expect something like a torpedo style movement. That is he is 'flying' with the belly parallel to the ground. However, what he does looks like the model, freezed in the standing animation. Like he has a stick in his a** ;-) Maybe that is how he is supposed to do it (or indeed there should be a bolton or the animation is too fast), but it looks strange.

His actual animation should be the flying one but for some reason I couldn't implement the flying fast movement so I opted for the next best thing - flying slow (arm out, knee bent)- which is why it looks slightly out of place.

It sure beats the repeating one I had in development where it looked like he was riding a horse...

i download v. 1.1 and his first 2 powers dont work. is that because of the version? or is it my computer?