Marvel TV Shows

Started by ragincajun, October 20, 2011, 07:32AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Just read this article detailing the panel at New York Comic Con on Marvel's plans for television shows, and all I've got to say is that it sounds incredibly ambitious.  You can read the full article here http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=35004 but here's an abbreviated version of it:

• "A.K.A. Jessica Jones" - live action, on ABC, about a former superheroine who becomes a private investigator.  Also features Carol Danvers and Luke Cage
  • "Hulk" - live action, possibly produced/written by Guillermo del Toro, features same Hulk as seen in the Avengers
  • "Cloak and Dagger" - live action, on ABC Family, set in post-Katrina New Orleans
  • "Mockingbird" - live action, ABC Family, about a college student who is contacted by SHIELD to become an operative
  • "Astonishing X-Men" - motion comic, second half of Joss Whedon's run is going to be converted into a motion comic
  • "Ultimate Spider-Man" - animated, on Disney XD, Agent Coulson, J. Jonah Jameson, Nick Fury confirmed, based on Ultimate Spider-Man comic book series, 2012
  • "Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H." - animated? (article isn't clear), about Hulk, Red Hulk, She-Hulk, Skaar, and Abomination fighting off threats to Earth, 2013
  • "Super Hero Squad Show" - new episodes coming

Quote from: ragincajun on October 20, 2011, 07:32AM
Just read this article detailing the panel at New York Comic Con on Marvel's plans for television shows, and all I've got to say is that it sounds incredibly ambitious.  You can read the full article here http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=35004 but here's an abbreviated version of it:

• "A.K.A. Jessica Jones" - live action, on ABC, about a former superheroine who becomes a private investigator.  Also features Carol Danvers and Luke Cage
  • "Hulk" - live action, possibly produced/written by Guillermo del Toro, features same Hulk as seen in the Avengers
  • "Cloak and Dagger" - live action, on ABC Family, set in post-Katrina New Orleans
  • "Mockingbird" - live action, ABC Family, about a college student who is contacted by SHIELD to become an operative
  • "Astonishing X-Men" - motion comic, second half of Joss Whedon's run is going to be converted into a motion comic
  • "Ultimate Spider-Man" - animated, on Disney XD, Agent Coulson, J. Jonah Jameson, Nick Fury confirmed, based on Ultimate Spider-Man comic book series, 2012
  • "Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H." - animated? (article isn't clear), about Hulk, Red Hulk, She-Hulk, Skaar, and Abomination fighting off threats to Earth, 2013
No new episodes are coming, the series ended on 14th of October 2011

Quote from: ragincajun on October 20, 2011, 07:32AM

Really interested in Jessica Jones, Cloak and Dagger, and Mockingbird! We may even get a Jean apperance in the former like in the comics (just wishful thinking XD)

Quote from: White Queen on November 02, 2011, 11:25AM
No new episodes are coming, the series ended on 14th of October 2011

The series didnt end, the creator himself said just because the episode was named the Final doesn't mean it's over. He even said that they started work on Episodes for season 3, but doesn't know where they stand now.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

very interesting. i'm liking all the strong female roles ^-^ yay feminism :P

Quote from: Dee❖Dooo on November 02, 2011, 05:05PM
very interesting. i'm liking all the strong female roles ^-^ yay feminism :P

I agree!

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Quote from: midnightphoenix123 on November 02, 2011, 02:51PM
The series didnt end, the creator himself said just because the episode was named the Final doesn't mean it's over. He even said that they started work on Episodes for season 3, but doesn't know where they stand now.
No sorry, and i didnt say it ended because the final episode said that, its because it was announced that the series itself ended. Check Wikipedia if you want, it says the same thing
QuoteThe show's first season was to debut on Cartoon Network in the United States on September 19, 2009,[2] but aired five days earlier on September 14, 2009. The second season of the series, based on The Infinity Gauntlet, premiered on October 23, 2010 at 6:30am (ET) and stopped being shown on Cartoon Network on February 19, 2011, with episode 40 ("Fate of Destiny!"). Afterwards new episodes only aired on Teletoon and were available to purchase on iTunes. On July 23, 2011 the series returned on Cartoon Network, at a new timeslot of 12:00pm (ET).[3] Although the next following weeks no new episodes aired. In September 2011, Cartoon Network announced that The Super Hero Squad Show will be airing new episodes on weekday mornings at 7:00am (ET) starting Monday, October 3, 2011.[4] The series ended on October 14, 2011. A total of 52 episodes were produced for this show

Quote from: White Queen on November 03, 2011, 08:53AM
No sorry, and i didnt say it ended because the final episode said that, its because it was announced that the series itself ended. Check Wikipedia if you want, it says the same thing

Well I was saying the creator himself said that is wasn't over just yet, and Wikipedia isnt not truth ful all time any one person can change anything. It may be over, but the creator said it wasn't

Jessica jones Why? Miss Marvel, nuff' said

Hulk, because I love the version in the avengers :o

Of course the MSHS show

Hulk and S.M.A.S.H. Shulkie for the win here :D

And Cloak and dagger, because I like both of em :D

Those are my most anticipated :D
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

http://marvel.com/news/story/18195/spider-man_his_ultimate_friends_iron_fist
Here's an article about the teenage Iron Fist in the new family friendly Ultimate Spiderman show