HUD portraits release thread (Now with a new name!)

Started by Joshco, December 28, 2006, 07:06AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey Noelemahc, any chance of you getting to some additional Cyclops HUDs, for those of us using the Cyclops mod? It's got Ultimate, Original, Classic (the blue and yellow) and the Astonishing...

Thanks in advance!

Yeah, yeah, I'm still amassing art to rip stuff from. Don't worry, I'll get it done eventually. I just had a small problem with my RL, so I didn't have much PC time to do stuff with.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Quote from: Noelemahc on December 29, 2006, 01:22AM
Just a final poll... Would you guys rather see genuine, but VERY low-res portraits of the PSP characters from the PSP version... Or high-res lookalike (i.e. similar-looking to ones used on PSP) portraits of the same characters ripped from the comic book art?

hi rez definately, go to marvel.com to get some pics and possibly some more ideas for heros

Marvel.com uses fan-submitted scans. They aren't high-res enough for this, as well as don't have the necessary angles for the portrait thing. I prefer to get scans from online-- or make 'em myself, when I can get my hands on the appropriate source material.

Crimson Dynamo says:

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

January 12, 2007, 11:20PM #35 Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 05:22AM by Noelemahc
Oops. Means I've missed the channel swap order. Crap happens. Does everything else work okay?
Looks like I need to start running a list of things I'll have to re-do :D

EDIT: Yeah, I checked. I've accidentally DUMPED both red and blue instead of swapping them. Hence the weirdish colouration. Sorry. Gonna rebuild it today, up the fixed one a tad later. 'Kay? Gonna recompensate with pics for more converted XML2 skinnage.

Crimson Dynamo says:

I hate to bug you Noelemahc, and you probably already have it on your list of things to do but I was wondering if you were going to be getting icon(s) for sabretooth in your quest.

January 13, 2007, 01:30AM #37 Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 06:14AM by Noelemahc
Yes, I was. BliZZ converted his skins, ergo, I would HAVE to get pics of him. Don't worry, I plan on doing all of them eventually.

EDIT: You DID notice I already covered AoA Sabertooth, didntcha?

Crimson Dynamo says:

January 13, 2007, 08:05AM #38 Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 08:27AM by BliZZ
Quote from: Noelemahc on January 12, 2007, 11:20PM
Does everything else work okay?
I haven't checked Iron Fist, the Widows, the Ronins, or the other AoAs. But Mar-Vell, both Gambits, all 3 hawkeyes, and the 3 working AoAs in that pic work :P

EDIT: And your NEW AoA Colossus CTDs my game :'(

QuoteAnd your NEW AoA Colossus CTDs my game
What? Ah'm smitten. Could you *please* check all the other guys while I go and check if I missed an offset or summat that causes this? Ain't really my fault I can't find painkillers that would help my headaches but won't make me sleepy and/or disconnected from reality in any way.

Crimson Dynamo says:

January 13, 2007, 08:34AM #40 Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 08:41AM by BliZZ
Yep. All in the new pack BUT Bishop CTD the game.

EDIT: And all of your older ones work fine for me. Then again, I never got the Ultimate Deadpool problem :P

--wait, wait wait. What're you telling me, that they ALL CTD (could list the ones that don't? because 'old ones' is an innacurate enough description to warrant clarification)? I thought I used the same DDS saving options... Weird.

In other news, I just had lods of fun lifting art from loading screens and concept-art-bonuses of XML1 for the XML1/XML2 characters for portrait use. Including stuff like Dark Avalanche and whatnot -- they're mostly quite usable for that purpose. Which suits me juuuust fine.

Crimson Dynamo says:

January 13, 2007, 08:57AM #42 Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 10:52AM by BliZZ
Ones that do:
AoA Magneto (Helmet)
AoA Colssus
AoA Blink
AoA Toad
AoA Sunfire

Ones that don't : everything else :P

EDIT:Sorry, I forgot, AoA Beast also CTDs. Everything else is fine though.

Alright then. Maybe it's about time I gave nba2k's Skinner (UI version, of course) a twirl?

Crimson Dynamo says:

Yeah, I found the error. I put the 256x mip at 10751 instead of 10571. And nba2ks' program refuses to edit anything for me. Bleh.

Crimson Dynamo says: