HUD portraits release thread (Now with a new name!)

Started by Joshco, December 28, 2006, 07:06AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I figured nba2k's program out. Bleh again. In other news, I've upped the (hopefully) fixed files. Yay.
Link is the same. Repeat for the ones not willing to seek it:
http://h1.ripway.com/ivank/PortraitureAoA2.rar

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Yep, those work. Thanks a bundle.

I can't get Hawkeye and Ronin HUD portraits to show up.  I've tried putting the files in \MUA\ui\hud\characters \MUA\ui\hud\  naming them hub_head_XXXXX.igb and just XXXXX.igb (ie 20301.igb) so right now I have 4 copies of the same file amongst the two directories.  What am I missing?

Thanks!

put em in MUA/hud. NOT MUA/ui/hud ;)

February 15, 2007, 08:49PM #50 Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 09:03PM by BliZZ
And...  I finally figured out this hud_head thing!!

Other than the fact that I have to flip it horizontally, AND that I forgot to reverse the channels (doy :P), i'd say its pretty good. I've got a couple lined up that I may release tonight.

So, Noel, if you need (or want) any help with hud icons, holler.

EDIT: For those of you holding your breath, a proper version:

Well, I'd much rather see you helping out with the XML2 skins so then I could move on to full-time portraiting...
Meet you in the XML2 skin thread, when I next update (in a few hours from now, I'd say) I'll post a checklist of all the to-be-done skins and we'll decide who covers what, 'kay? Only a short bit left to go, after all.

Crimson Dynamo says:

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

No, I WON'T meet you there. At least not immediately. Its nigh midnight and I'm bedding for the night in like 20 minutes. But I'll get to helping you in like 8 hours :P

Let's see...

All the usable pictures from the XML2 Concept Art and Loading Screens. 32 total. (the preview is shrunken down, of course, they're ALL 256x images in the pack).
And a bonus :D

Pluskommander Mahr Vell :D He's already labeled correctly for use with the PSP mod, so just dump him into your HUD directory in the game and enjoi. This, just like the official PSP portrait, is based off his loading screen art ('cept that I, unlike them, didn't save the lightening bolts).

Archive: http://h1.ripway.com/ivank/PortraitureXML2art.rar
Not all of these had been tested, but the procedure was identical, so I expect they will all work okay.

Crimson Dynamo says:

And... a Genis, for those of you who need him to finish off the playable PSPers' huds.

http://www.momoshare.com/file.php?file=8a750315f7a23de47e1b5b08b533aabd

I've got a couple more, but that's for later, I've GTG now :P

Okay, fresh stuff!

Contents: (left to right, top to bottom) XML1 movie Havok; XML1 movie GRSO soldier; XML2 movie Ultimate Storm; XML1 movie Shadow King; XML1 movie Astral Xavier; XML2 movie Mercenary; XML2 movie Ultimate Magneto; XML2 movie Madri (two specimens); XML1 movie General Kincaid; Swordsman for the PSP mod; Super Skrull for the PSP mod; Kree Uniform Marvel for the PSP mod 6 skins extension; Red Genis for the PSP mod; XML2 movie Ultimate Sabretooth.

Archive: http://h1.ripway.com/ivank/PortraiturePSP.rar for the PSPers (which are already pre-labeled for comfortable use in the game; this expects that when (if) a Kree Uniform skin is made, it will be #6)
and http://h1.ripway.com/ivank/PortraitureMovies.rar for the movie models.

I've discovered one can play back XML1 movies when transplanted into XML2, so I ran through all of those and snapped away with HyperSnap! The only sad thing is that while XML1 Emma, Armored Shadow King and Gladiator Xavier all appear in the movies, there are no decent angles at which they can be snagged. *cries*
The fidelity on some of the movie models sucks, I know, but it's either blurry beyond comprehension or this. Take what you are offered, and all that jazz, y'know?

Swordsman came from the cover of Thunderbolts #110. Kl'rt came from the cover of Annihilation: Super Skrull #3. Kree Uniform Marvel came from Wikipedia entry on Genis. Red Genis came from web version of New Thunderbolts #1 available on MARVEL.com.

Crimson Dynamo says:

Noel, Ult Deadpool wasn't the only one who had an entirely wrong hud_head:

Both Mr F's and Thing's are wrong. Mr F's is more subtle (the 4 symbol's coloring is off), while Thing's is a clearly misplaced one :P

These are the Ultimate skins, right? Right?
How am I supposed to guess which of the four identical skins we're talking here? :P

Crimson Dynamo says:

Naw, they're classic. And the skins are far from identical, they are just similar :D

Alright, I'll see what I can do. Don't hold your breath though :D

Crimson Dynamo says: