HUD portraits release thread (Now with a new name!)

Started by Joshco, December 28, 2006, 07:06AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Noelemahc I was trying to use the Omegared one can't seem to get it to work,I've used others that have. Wondering if its just me?thanks I really likem.
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

Yes, it's just you. They work 100%. See below:
(click to enlarge)

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Both Mr F's and Thing's are wrong. Mr F's is more subtle (the 4 symbol's coloring is off), while Thing's is a clearly misplaced one :P
[/quote]
Quote from: BliZZ on February 25, 2007, 05:29PM
Noel, Ult Deadpool wasn't the only one who had an entirely wrong hud_head:

Both Mr F's and Thing's are wrong. Mr F's is more subtle (the 4 symbol's coloring is off), while Thing's is a clearly misplaced one :P
Yeah, another issue with Thing's portraits is that his "modern" hud pic is wrong. It is right now used by the "ultimate" variant. And I believe two of the hud pics of Cap America got switched. His "ultimate" pic has small wings on the side on the head, so I guess it actually belongs to the "classic" version. Vice versa is the "classic" hud actually the "ultimate" one.

Would you PM this stuff to BliZZ, please? He's currently putting together a semblance of a patch to fix all of such errors in the game and probably could use the help.

Crimson Dynamo says:

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

I believe Cap's icons are right, but I'll check out Thing's.

Now, onto the beef of the post:

Yes, that IS the hud_head they tried to pass off as Dark Phoenix. And it is long-haired Ult Jean (who I'm not even gonna use, as I feel the short hair version played much more of a role in the comics)

I'm 99% sure cap's huds are switched; I reveersed them in my game.

And I'm 99% sure they BOTH have wings, so switching them is useless. Sure, the Ultimate one is far better than the Classic one for the Classic skin, but this by no means fixes Ultimate.

Ultimate                                                      Classic

Eh, well, the IMO "classic skin" above doesn't look as "classic." The "wings" are less pronounced, and it's more scaly, which, though old Cap costumes had the scales, I think of the Ultimate Cap as having more pronounced scales.

Any chance we can have a Guardian HUD? Or is there any thread wich explains how to import the XML2 HUD myself?

MUASkinner's the way to go. Make a 256x 32-bit BMP with the new portrait, import it with MUASkinner - the default CFG already includes the offsets for hud_head_0201.igb, use that and just rename the 'filled' files to whatever character you inserted :D

Crimson Dynamo says:

Quote from: BliZZ on March 16, 2007, 01:21PM
And I'm 99% sure they BOTH have wings, so switching them is useless. Sure, the Ultimate one is far better than the Classic one for the Classic skin, but this by no means fixes Ultimate.

Ultimate                                                      Classic

You are right, both have wings. I see it in the direct comparison. But I still think that the current "classic" one is more fitting for the ultimate costume. I can't put my finger on it, but it looks more modern. Besides, the pissed off face of Cap also fits his ultimate version better  ;-)

Anyone made a Punisher HUD ?

Also, my Black Widow HUD portrait for the NPC has disappeared since I installed the PSP mod for her, any one have a guess why or how to fix it?

QuoteAlso, my Black Widow HUD portrait for the NPC has disappeared since I installed the PSP mod for her, any one have a guess why or how to fix it?
This is because the NPC is defined in the same way as the PC HAS to be defined in order for it to work on the comp00ter version of the game. Sucky, huh?
The same shtick happens if you try to mod PC Fury :P

The only solution is to rename the NPC versions to something else (requires recompiling the NPCSTAT as well as rebuilding their packages) to separate the two sets of entries. Not too comfy, but it IS the only way.

Crimson Dynamo says:

Na, cause the dialogue still references the base char name for it's icon (I figgured this out when I moved Beast to BeastSimple). You gotta change NPCstat AND the individual dialogues. AKA not worth it.

Feh. Could they have made this even MORE overengineered?
Did they not think of us poor underpaid modders or they honestly didn't think one of them would have to rebuild this one day?

Quote'Sure, the people working on the Manhattan project could streamline their design because they could test, review and test again - a luxury I don't have. So I overengineer.'
-- Tom Clancy, "The Sum of All Fears."
{Can't guarantee the quote accuracy as I'm too lazy to find the precise passage, but the point is valid}

Crimson Dynamo says: