PS2skinner V1.0 RELEASED

Started by Norrin Radd, July 10, 2007, 06:07PM

Previous topic - Next topic
The v6 version of the plugin shouldn't have any problems.  I've skinned tons of characters with no issues/black dots of death.  So my guess is it'll probably open one.

I use the v7 version of the plugin and have had no problems with it either.  I've done everything from normal (bump) maps, to specular maps and color maps on PC models, X-box models, etc.  I've had no black dots yet.  So the v7 does work.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

When I try to use it just a black screen that flashes.  Am I doing something wrong?
  From the Ashes she will rise.

July 20, 2007, 01:19PM #33 Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 01:22PM by Norrin Radd
you cant just double click on it

you need to run it from the command line, and enter flags
(for example enter
PS2skinner.exe -xdds file.igb file.dds
when you are in the command prompt in the PS2skinner directory)

let me know if this didnt help, or if you have any questions

Thanks but it still doesn't work.  It says ps2skinner.cfg not configured properly.  I added this for Jean.igb (which is based off of Medusa's skin)

Jean.igb 256 256 122323 34019 .

I editted it with notepad could that be a problem?

July 20, 2007, 07:22PM #35 Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 08:45AM by Norrin Radd
editing with notepad is fine,
i will have to check my notes

give me a few minutes to check

Is that your only entry in the file?
Are you getting the dds from jean.igb (with -xdds)?

It gives the error: ps2skinner.cfg not configured properly when:
it doesnt get the file name (igb name) from the line or
if the spacing is incorrect

if you have an empty line before your jean line, then the program wont recognize it

hope that info helps, please let me know if you get it to work or still have problems

edit:
if after looking at everything you still cant get it, send me the igb and i can try it

The program also gives the same error about ps2skinner.cfg not being configured properly when the cfg file is not placed at the correct directory.... hehe  So, make sure you put the DDS, IGB, CFG file in the same directory before the using the PS2Skinner commands.

July 21, 2007, 12:10PM #37 Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 12:14PM by Norrin Radd
thanks iammingy, i will post the reasons for the error on the first page
edit: done

would it matter that I renamed Jean_Grey_LEE_C&P-Matt_PS2.igb to Jean.igb for simplicity?  And yes it is all in the same directory.  I am trying to decompile it at this point.

July 23, 2007, 05:14PM #39 Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 05:20PM by Norrin Radd
renaming doesnt matter, i renamed numbers.igb to blob.igb and it worked. can you please point me to the direction of that igb so i can try.

edit:
what are you typing in at the command line

edit:
or you could just try the ps2 version of 6801.igb if you have it, since the offsets are already in ps2skinner.cfg, and i've tested that one

July 23, 2007, 05:19PM #40 Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 05:23PM by matt710
Ok it is just a rename on iammingy's Jean_Grey_LEE_C&P-Matt_PS2.igb. The offsets are 256 256 122323 34019 .  Thanks.  Skin found here:  http://www.box.net/shared/a60ze3h4ha

I am typing this for Jean.igb:

C:\ps2skinner\ps2skinner.exe -xdds Jean.igb Jean.dds     

Thanks

July 23, 2007, 05:29PM #41 Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 05:40PM by Norrin Radd
it worked for me, i will print what i did and show you the ps2skinner.cfg

i filled in ps2skinner.cfg to look like this:
6801.igb 256 256 9347 24358 .
blob.igb 256 256 10673 163921 .
Jean.igb 256 256 122323 34019 .

Counting the enter just above this line. then i opened command prompt, went to the folder where i put Jean.igb and all the other ps2skinner files and then typed:
ps2skinner.exe -xdds Jean.igb Jean.dds
just like you did.

when you say you type what you do, do you actually type in c:\ps2skinner\ or is that what directory u are in

edit:
i forgot to say i renamed the skin to Jean.igb (with exactly that capitalization)

thanks!

let me know if you get it to work please, i want to make sure that it isnt an error in the program
whenever you have time

Still gave me the same thing.  And yes that is the whole thing I typed.  I tried to go into the directory but it didn't work