PS2skinner V1.0 RELEASED

Started by Norrin Radd, July 10, 2007, 06:07PM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 23, 2007, 06:04PM #45 Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 06:08PM by Norrin Radd
what if you just type ps2skinner.exe
it should show a menu

edit: also, can you tell me exactly what is in that folder

edit:
also, when i run it from a different directory, meaning i type in something like
"c:\directory\ps2skinner.exe -xdds Jean.igb Jean.dds"
it doesnt work, so you will need to 'cd' change directory until you are actually in the correct one

it says that it is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file.

If I type C:\ps2skinner\ps2skinner.exe it gives me instructions how to use it.
  From the Ashes she will rise.

July 23, 2007, 06:11PM #47 Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 06:16PM by Norrin Radd
but you have to move directory, into the one with the program

heres one idea, copy and paste ps2skinner.exe and 256256.dds to c:\windows
and the cfg file and igb too, hopefully you should be able to run it from anywhere

edit: actually, i copied the folder to the directory you have, then type what you did, the whole c:\... and it worked, it may be because i have a copy of ps2skinner.exe in my windows folder, i'm not sure
edit: nope, i took all the ps2skinner related files out of c:\windows and it still worked

Norrin Radd is right! :) Just put the ps2skinner.exe into Windows, then you can use the command "PSskinner.exe skin.igb skin.dds" when you are in the directory containing skin.igb, skin.dds, and the CFG file.... :)

but even if i take it out of c:\windows, what he does still works, man i hope this is because of some small error in the cfg file or something

edit:
but it is definately a good idea to put the .exe in the windows folder to try to get it to work

still doesn't work.  I got it in windows so I don't have to direct it, but it still gives me the cfg problem.  Maybe it is my cfg file?  Perhaps it went glitchy?  Can you upload me yours?  If you are ok with it.  Thanks for all your help by the way.

July 23, 2007, 06:23PM #51 Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 10:06PM by Norrin Radd
yeah, seriously, if you want to get this to work we just have to find the problem now, then you can use it forever in the future, i will upload the cfg now

edit: here
Link removed

Quote from: Norrin Radd on July 23, 2007, 06:18PM
but even if i take it out of c:\windows, what he does still works, man i hope this is because of some small error in the cfg file or something

edit:
but it is definately a good idea to put the .exe in the windows folder to try to get it to work

That didn't work for me some reason... so I just put ps2skinner.exe in windows and it worked every single time... lol

what i might do is give him a debugged version that is more specific of what the problem is
i'll fix one up right now

thanks.  But it still doesn't work.  I don't know what I am doing wrong!!!!   :bawling:

July 23, 2007, 06:30PM #55 Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 10:06PM by Norrin Radd
ok, ill send you a new version that is more specific about the problem, give me 5 minutes

edit:
Link removed

this should give you some output on screen, you'll have to paste it here
edit:  you will also need to replace this one in c:\windows if you put one there
and keep a copy of the original version

edit:
note that whatever message you get, this error is related to ps2skinner.cfg, either it cant find it/open it, or cant read the inside correctly

you could also try this:

wherever you call 'c:\ps2skinner\ps2skinner.exe -xdds Jean.igb Jean.dds' from, put your cfg file there.
so lets say you open command prompt, and it says
C:\Documents and Settings\You\Desktop>_
then put your cfg file on the desktop

then try running
C:\Documents and Settings\You\Desktop>c:\ps2skinner\ps2skinner.exe -xdds Jean.igb Jean.dds

if you dont get the cfg error, then the problem is that you cant call it from another directory, because it looks for the cfg in the directory you are currently in. i tried and it gives me an error to do what i think you were doing, thats why i think you get the error. so try this

Thanks, I will try it after I finish xtreme rouge.  She is almost done I just have to find the other offsets.

Thank You So Much!!!!  It finally worked!!!  I ended up putting it in documents and settings (where the directory was going) and it worked. Thanks again.

PS  Do you know any good program for editing the dds files to reskin?  Or do I have to convert it to BMP somehow?  I have Adobe Photo Shop but it doesn't recognise it. 

July 23, 2007, 09:54PM #59 Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 09:57PM by iammingy
Exact same problem with me. My PS couldn't recognize it either.

EDIT: Get a small program called DXTBMP. It can convert these PS2 DDS to 24-bit BMP. When you are done, open the BMP in DXTBMP and save as a 256 colors DDS.

EDIT2: Get it here:

http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/programs/dxtbmp.htm