Converted XML2 Skins Galore

Started by durfal, December 28, 2006, 08:06AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Noelemahc on January 01, 2007, 12:22PM
Okay then :P
Once I'm happy with what I, or anyone else who tries to do it, manage with the PSPers; I'll get on this case. Which means, for starters, cataloguing every costume version you've covered so far so I'd know what art to seek out :P
I'll compile a list of every costume I have done as well as every one I plan to do, and upload it for you.

Already scribbled it out from what you posted, after downloading ones I was not sure about. I'm certain I have art to base pics on for at least half the list. Gotta check that mess I call my "dump everything comic-related in here" folder.
Some of these are easy (Apocalypse's design is the same for all of Earth 616, so that one is not a hard moment); some are harder (AoA Rogue portrayed in XML2 is actually Young AoA Rogue -- the Mature AoA Rogue wears her vintage all-green 'villain' costume she recently donned again in 616 after the Sunfire affair), some border on psychotically impossible (as AoA Nightcrawler, for example, exists mostly in an exaggerated cartoonish style).

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

January 01, 2007, 12:57PM #47 Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 10:59AM by BliZZ
Well, I made a list. :P
Done:
AoA Rogue
AoA Jean
Ultimate Magneto (No Helmet)
AoA Toad
Ultimate Toad (Blue Outfit)
Ultimate Toad (Brown Outfit) <- not sure if this one was ever in comics
Ultimate Sabretooth
Classic Sabretooth
Modern Pyro
Modern Sunfire <- once again, not sure
Modern (Black/Dark Blue) Juggernaut
Ultimate Rogue
Apocalypse (Blue/Gray Outfit)
Ultimate Beast
AoA Sabretooth
AoA Bishop
AoA Colossus
AoA Cyclops
AoA Gambit
AoA Nightcrawler
AoA Storm
AoA Wolverine (Weapon X, not the AoA exclusive Wolverine)
Original Cyclops
Modern Gambit
Modern (Black Suit) Mystique
Green Phoenix Jean
Black Trenchcoat/Green and Yellow Suit Rogue
Classic Juggernaut
Classic Sunfire
AoA Beast (Dark Beast)
Astonishing Cyclops
Classic (Blue with Yellow trunks) Cyclops
Classic Nightcrawler
Ultimate Nightcrawler (With Swords) (HUD already done!)
Uncanny Nightcrawer
AoA Deadpool (HUD Head already done! YAY!)
Ultimate Iceman (Human Form)
Original Jean
Ultimate Jean

Doing/Will Do:
Archangel (Pink/Blue Bodysuit)
Modern Angel <-again, unsure if this comes from comics
Modern Banshee
Original Beast
Uncanny (Bald) Bishop
The Other Bishop (I really have no idea how to describe it)
Blink
Ultimate Blob
Dark Blob (from XML1/included in XML2)
Ultimate Colossus (Human Form)
Destiny (old woman, no costume)
Modern Forge
Ultimate Gambit
Modern Havok
AoA Juggernaut
Classic Juggernaut (no helmet)
Classic Lady Deathstrike
AoA Magneto
Ultimate Magneto
Classic Mr Sinister
Omega Red
Modern Polaris
Dark Pyro
Modern Quicksilver
Sauron
Classic Scarlet Witch
Modern Scarlet Witch <-not sure if this is from comics
Astonishing Kitty
Stepford Cuckoo
Ultimate Storm (Spiky Hair)
Stryfe
AoA Sunfire
Modern Emma
Weapon X (Nekkid) Wolverine
Zealot
AoA Mikhail
AoA Abyss
AoA Holocaust
Modern Grizzly
Guardian

Those are all the skins I plan on eventually doing before I call operation 'Convert XML2 Skins' complete. I know it is one buttload of skins, but that is how many there are to do ;)

EDIT: I'll be using this post to keep track of my progress.

^  :o :o :o

I love this thread  ;D

January 02, 2007, 11:35AM #50 Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 11:48AM by Noelemahc
First stone. Copied from the portrait thread:
QuoteHere's an update.
Captain Marvel's classic (20203), Iron Fist, and two for the XML2 projekt, featuring Modern Gambit and AoA Cyclops. Yay.
http://h1.ripway.com/ivank/Portraiture4.rar
Of these, only Cyke is based on comic art ("Tales from AoA feat. Factor X"), the other three are from the busts and statues pics on the site Kenn suggested.

Procured art for Modern Mystique, almost every AoA playable, several variations of Sabertooth and all the not-available-in-MUA permutations of Wolverine. Gonna make all of those next. Yup.

Crimson Dynamo says:

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

http://www.momoshare.com/file.php?file=30cf861def5ef2ae6f74d6580b70ef4a

Classic Juggernaut, Classic Sunfire, and AoA Beast (Dark Beast) <- My own creation

http://www.momoshare.com/file.php?file=74c1a891e764c96c91a5fc1bb00dfa57

Astonishing Cyclops, Classic Cyclops, Ultimate Nightcrawler (with swords), Uncanny Nightcrawler, and Classic Nightcrawler

Oh yeah, Noelemahc, before I forget, we also need an Ultimate Cyclops HUD. I'm not gonna do the skin, though, as darkmythology already did a bump-mapped version based on the Dark Cyclops model.

No trouble, I got a good source for that one too.
Keep up the good work! I'll try to get some stuff up today (it's 8:30 AM out here) :D

Crimson Dynamo says:

Here's the new stuff (10 pcs), all from the AoA.
http://h1.ripway.com/ivank/PortraitureAoA1.rar
Includes:
*Bishop -- in all of his bald glory -- back in the days when we were used to a hairier Bishop, it was weird-looking
*Colossus -- and his attempts at channeling Iron Fist
*Gambit -- ever the dashing rogue
*Jean Grey -- with the funky hairdo and tattooage
*Magneto -- without helmet, can be used for the Helmetless Magneto skin (even though it's Ultimate)
*Nightcrawler -- agree with me, "Kurt Darkholme" sounds very... unfamiliar, neh?
*Rogue -- again, sounds weird enough -- "Anna Lensherr"
*Sabertooth -- and his fancy-shmancy sneer
*Storm -- Quicksilver's sweetheart, complete with HER fancy eye tattoo
And, last but not least... you got it,
*Weapon X -- or Wolverine for those of you from Earth 616 who don't know that in the AoA (which, by the way, does NOT have a number) the name Wolverine is borne by another person entirely).

Enjoi.

Crimson Dynamo says:

For all those worried about my lack of uploading, I've got some done, but Bald Bishop has caused me more pain than a bad case of gonorrhea. I'll hopefully figure him out and have a large pack tomorrow.

Quote from: Noelemahc on December 28, 2006, 08:37AM
I'm actually toying around with XML1-only characters, like Magma, Marrow and Psylocke for the model conversions. Had to take'em from the X-Box version of the game since it uses the same formats as the PC one -- and, of course, the X-Box being what it is, most of the textures are indecently low-res (128x and lower as the HIGHEST size available, with small exclusions like Marrow or separate 128x head textures like Emma Frost)

Don't know how I missed this post :P Are most/all character models accessible? Including the dropped from XML2 Avalanche, Jubilee, Madrox and Ultimate Iceman?

Also, would one need a modded X-Box to do this? (after some searching, i've come up conflicting answers)

All characters are accessible, even the dropped ones (good thing they've kept Uncanny Marrow and not AoA Marrow or Weapon X Marrow as the choice; that's her only non-ugly form), just gotta tapdance quite a bit to get some of them working in MUA without crashing it (which is weird, as they ALL work in XML2 without problems).
And I can't reply to the modded question as I snagged the disc image from the Interweb (it's wonderful to have such conflicting copyright* laws in my country => you aren't considered as breaking the law with it until you use it (which I'm not, I ain't got a Box) or sell it (which I'm not)) and tore its assetsfb.wad out.
Did you have any requests for me? :P

~~~~~~~~~
* - the legendary running joke is "copyright means 'copied correctly'" :P

Crimson Dynamo says:

Yeah, I REALLY want Ultimate Iceman (Iced up). I always found it odd that they slowly made him less Ultimate and more Classic (XML1-hat/armband, XML2-armband, MUA-neither) instead of just having them as 2 separate costumes.

Yeah, okay, I'll see what I can do in that direction. My main gripe with progress is the intrusion of IRL on my comp life, mainly in the form of my sick mother. That's, "got a flu we can't seem to cure" sick, not "sick to the head" sick. Just to clarify :P

Crimson Dynamo says: