I'm new here and have a few questions...

Started by Crazypath Yetti, November 17, 2011, 08:59PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm looking to purchase XML2 and MUA for my PC so I can do all this fun modding, but I wanted to get a few answers first since this is all new to me.

1) I found a used version of both games on Amazon for around $15-25 but it says Windows XP/2000/98 (I have Vista). Am I good to go with that? I'm aware they came out before Vista was introduced, but wasn't sure if, for some reason, newer versions of the game were released specifically for Vista. Probably a really stupid question but I'm not very familiar with how these things work.

2) I know there are multiple controller options out there for PC games. Can someone recommend a good one for these games. I've played them a million times on XBOX/360 and something comparable would be great.

3) Can't seem to find a PC version of XML1 or MUA2...seems like they don't exist. Am I correct?

That's all I can think of at the moment. Sorry if these are lame questions but I figured better to be safe than sorry, and I've looked through other topics for a while now without finding answers.

Playing but games on Vista won't give you any problems. Although on MUA the mouse might get stuck on the beginning, what I use to do was open task manager.

I use a logitech controller which plays the game perfect, but I would suggest the xbox.

And mu2 or xml have no pc versions.

Quote from: edward on November 17, 2011, 10:10PM
Playing but games on Vista won't give you any problems. Although on MUA the mouse might get stuck on the beginning, what I use to do was open task manager.

I use a logitech controller which plays the game perfect, but I would suggest the xbox.

Thanks for replying! Can't wait to get started on these!

Quote from: edward on November 17, 2011, 10:10PM

lol I use a Logitech too. I've been usin' it since XML2 came out. :P

And the only problem I've had with Vista and these games is after I installed XML2, when I first start it, it kicks me off the game instantly and says something about graphics, but then it was fine. It might had jus' been me though.

i am new too...where can i find a save from MUA for pc???...whit all of acts??

you should just use an xbox controller imo. works fine for me!

1) I found a used version of both games on Amazon for around $15-25 but it says Windows XP/2000/98 (I have Vista). Am I good to go with that? I'm aware they came out before Vista was introduced, but wasn't sure if, for some reason, newer versions of the game were released specifically for Vista. Probably a really stupid question but I'm not very familiar with how these things work.

my pc has Vista and it works fine. occasionally when i install the game, Directx doesn't install. not sure if thats Vista or something else. i also know several of the modding programs work with Vista. if you start skinning, you might have to run the programs as an administrator. also, i can't get 3dsmax or 3dripperdx to work. i don't know if these are compatible with vista or not.

2) I know there are multiple controller options out there for PC games. Can someone recommend a good one for these games. I've played them a million times on XBOX/360 and something comparable would be great.

i use a regular xbox controller. splice the line at the end and make it into a usb port. then download xbcd and install it. then when you run the game, go to control options, switch it to xbox controller, and match up the keys.

3) Can't seem to find a PC version of XML1 or MUA2...seems like they don't exist. Am I correct?

sure. i know mua 2 doesn't.

@ sbarth13:

1) only works on XP and lower. Found that out the hard way
3) There's no XML1 & MUA2 for PC. That's why few modders here want to convert XML1 to XML2 (want or wanted).

BLaw is wrong. I have MUA and I use Vista. It works.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

This might not help much, but I use Windows 7 and MUA runs fine. It might help if you have a good graphics processor; mine's an NVidia GPU. The only things that give me issues are XMLBCUI and SkinnerUI; I just use command line for those because it's simpler like that anyway.

Quote from: Dihan on July 18, 2012, 06:32AM
BLaw is wrong. I have MUA and I use Vista. It works.

yup. me too. but i think he may have been referring to some of the programs i mentioned that don't seem to work with Vista

@ Dihan: I'm not wrong when it comes to this:

Quotealso, i can't get 3dsmax or 3dripperdx to work

That's what I meant.

Ahhh my mistake then.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.