Midnightphoenix123's Skinning Tutorial!

Started by Midnightphoenix, November 19, 2011, 12:53PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: naruto13 on April 10, 2012, 03:23PM
I managed to get the skin in but this happened:
http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/8207/badpq.png

It is possible that you are compiling the skin to the wrong model. You have to compile the skin back to the medusa.igb then you can rename it to what ever skin you want

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

oh yh i was doing it to invisible woman no wonder thanks

Quote from: naruto13 on April 10, 2012, 03:39PM
Yay ITs WORKING!!!  :jumping:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/18/workingim.png/

I made the eyes more Anime :D

Glad its working for you :) Her eyes are huge!  :laugh:

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

hey midnightphoenix I can't seem to find the way to change the color in Gimp. Help me??

Quote from: Me on May 20, 2012, 01:52PM
hey midnightphoenix I can't seem to find the way to change the color in Gimp. Help me??

What Gimp do you have? I have Gimp 2, and to the left there should be a toolbox, although if it isnt you should be able to go into the tool tab and click toolbox. And then there is a box with the current color in it, if you click the box it should open the thing to change what color you are using.

Quote from: midnightphoenix123 on May 20, 2012, 01:55PM
What Gimp do you have? I have Gimp 2, and to the left there should be a toolbox, although if it isnt you should be able to go into the tool tab and click toolbox. And then there is a box with the current color in it, if you click the box it should open the thing to change what color you are using.
Okay so my toolbox isn't on the left, and when I go to change the color in the  in the tools tab, there is nothing that says toolbox, just Create New Toolbox. Should I just reopen Gimp and see what happens?

Quote from: Me on May 20, 2012, 02:13PM
Okay so my toolbox isn't on the left, and when I go to change the color in the  in the tools tab, there is nothing that says toolbox, just Create New Toolbox. Should I just reopen Gimp and see what happens?

Yeah you can try to reopen it.

Whenever I tried to save the skin that i just named, it always ends up with the wrong thing, fieryphoenix.xcf, but shouldnt it be fieryphoenix.bmp, then I change it to fieryphoenix.dds. What is wrong with it? Oh and when ever I try to change the xfc to dds, I get a message reading, You can use this dialog to save to the GIMP XCF format. Use File→Export to export to other file formats. Im really confused.

When ever I do file save as in GIMP I can choose what file format I want it to be.

Did you get the dds plugin for gimp? (Just curious)

Quote from: Scabbia on May 21, 2012, 06:34AM
Did you get the dds plugin for gimp? (Just curious)
Yes but did I have to download 2 files ? If yes then where do I extract the files to?

No, you just need the one file and no exctracting needed. Once it is downloaded, just copy and paste the dds file (or application) into your plugins folder. But I'm not sure if that would be the problem or not, I don't know much about Gimp. I just know you need that plugin.