Characters in The Amazing Spiderman (2012)

Started by kidilej, December 30, 2011, 05:34AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Suigetsu on March 22, 2012, 06:03AM
I might give a try to this game afterall. But, who the hell is Iguana? Is he like a crimelord or some guy, who thinks a little bit too much of himself or what? Never heard of him.

Well he is a famous villain in the original Spider-Man Comics, so I don't think that Beenox and Activision just add some random new things we've never seen in the comics before.
We all have secret. The ones that we keep. And the ones that are kept.

Strange, never heard of him. He might not be that famous, so you know what, I'll go and check him out

He sucks. In short: he is a real iguana mutated just like the Lizard, but in the end, it was changed back. Not your typical boss character in a game. He was like in what, 3 comics? Why not just use the actual Lizard? But, if we have this Iguana, I really hope we won't get the Lizard as well.

March 22, 2012, 07:40PM #32 Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 07:51PM by pukindogs143
Quote from: Suigetsu on March 22, 2012, 09:01AM
Strange, never heard of him. He might not be that famous, so you know what, I'll go and check him out

He sucks. In short: he is a real iguana mutated just like the Lizard, but in the end, it was changed back. Not your typical boss character in a game. He was like in what, 3 comics? Why not just use the actual Lizard? But, if we have this Iguana, I really hope we won't get the Lizard as well.

Iguana is Dr. Curt Connors pet lizard "iggy" who was primrily used as a test subject in various experiments while Connors was searching for a treatment for lost limbs. Eventually Iggy mutated due to the accumulative effects of various biological mutagens that he was exposed to. And unlike the lizard this thing was just an oversized predator that acted on instinct. The first Iguana appeared in Spectacular Spider-Man# 32 and returned during the chaos of the clone saga where it actively tried to hunt down connors and kill him. When connors eventually became the lizard again after a 5 year hiatus, it attacked and killed Iggy by snapping it's neck.

I know, I read about him. But still, this Iguana is really far from an important boss character. They should have used someone like the Chameleon, Shocker or better yet, the Lizard himself. Because, my main problem isn't with the character, just the fact, that it's far from being interesting enough in my opinion. So, long story short: anyone more prominent would have been better.

The chances of seeing villians like that though are slim to none. Beenox said it themselves in multiple interviews that they decided to run with the Human/Animal hybrids since it was the overall theme of the film. Despite the fact that the events in this game take place a year after the films conclusion, the overall story in the game is about this massive outbreak of animal/human hybrids that were designed by oscorp to be used as weapons and were aparantly unleashed by one of their more unscrupulous executives. (And before you say anything...no it is not Norman Osborn. Beenox already put that theory to rest) So villians like green goblin, shocker, jack o lantern, the enforcers, any symbiotes, mysterio and any other 2nd and 3rd string villians will not show up unless they have some kind of animal theme in the comics.

Quote from: pukindogs143 on March 22, 2012, 07:40PM
Iguana is Dr. Curt Connors pet lizard "iggy" who was primrily used as a test subject in various experiments while Connors was searching for a treatment for lost limbs. Eventually Iggy mutated due to the accumulative effects of various biological mutagens that he was exposed to. And unlike the lizard this thing was just an oversized predator that acted on instinct. The first Iguana appeared in Spectacular Spider-Man# 32 and returned during the chaos of the clone saga where it actively tried to hunt down connors and kill him. When connors eventually became the lizard again after a 5 year hiatus, it attacked and killed Iggy by snapping it's neck.

Seems like Connor haven't learned from the movie.
We all have secret. The ones that we keep. And the ones that are kept.

Okay, animal/human hybrids...Rhino, Iguana, maybe Scorpion, maybe Octopus, maybe Kraven, Black Cat maybe somehow. Who else did I forget?

Quote from: Suigetsu on March 23, 2012, 06:18AM
Okay, animal/human hybrids...Rhino, Iguana, maybe Scorpion, maybe Octopus, maybe Kraven, Black Cat maybe somehow. Who else did I forget?
Well if you want to be more liberal and use names of villians in addition to inherent powers then there is Vulture, Jackal, Beetle, Chameleon, Man-Wolf, Puma, Basalisk, Black Fox, Kangaroo, Black Tarantula, Hammerhead, Human Fly, Raptor, Scorpia, Squid, Stegron, Tarantula, Vermin and White Rabbit in addition to the villians you already mentioned.

Let me guess...Are you a Spider-Man fan? :D But seriously, you know quite a lot. It's pretty awesome

Lol what gave it away? Yeah I'm a pretty big spidey fan. I havent read any of the more recent stuff but I have the entire clone saga, ultimate spider-man, stuff from the late 90's and mid to late 80's plus a whole bunch of venom titles. And I'm really hoping that Beenox includes the bonus costumes from shattered dimensions and Edge of time in this game. Forget the villians..I dont care who they choose for boss battles. I just want to see some spidey costumes like 2099, scarlet spider, ben reilly spider-man, Ultimate symbiote, and ultimate red/blue. It will really rub me the wrong way if beenox decides against the bonus costumes.

Yeah, I myself always loved bonus costumes in super hero games. Especially if they can choose the right bonus costumes (There are so many great Spidey attires, it's hard to NOT choose the right ones)

Thats why I think they should put all of them in the game...forget cherry picking some costumes over others. That's the gamers responsibility to eventually choose which suit they want to use, not the developers.

Yeah, that's true, but not every developer goes on to ask the fans. Plus, I'm more of a "can't wait to find out what they give us' type

Anyone else super disappointed it won't have a PC Port? I was looking forward to some New Skins

I AM! New, user created skins add so much replay value to adventure games like this, especially with Spidey's repertoire. Roll playing as Spider-Carnage in WOS for instance, hot dang it is fun. Hopefully there will be a fair amount of bonus/dlc skins (having to buy them sucks though.) to try and make up for it.