Who are those you look up to? (On this fourm)

Started by Midnightphoenix, January 05, 2012, 04:40PM

Previous topic - Next topic
January 05, 2012, 04:40PM Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 04:44PM by midnightphoenix123
Who on this fourm do you look up to, or kind of what I really want to know is who do you consider your friends on here?

My Friends, I would say... are

Jeanfan777: Because we are friends on Facebook, we talk alot, and I think we are similar in ways. And we always talk about visting each other because both of us wish to travel to each others countries. Plus we are both Jean fans, hello XD

Marvelfan: Because we seem to talk or reply to each others posts all the time on here :D we are both huge Jean fans, and seem to get along very well!

Fox: We seem to talk alot on here also, and we seem to get along very well!

Polygone: I just read one of your posts and noticed I forgot you! I find us to be some what of friends, idk if you do XD It seems that we talk at times aswell, and get a long just fine :)

People I look up to

Nodoubtjr: Nodoubt was the first person that i saw of who modded. All his mods are amazing, fantastic, and any other good word you could throw out there! I look up to you because of your amazing mod work, and it helps me get a better understanding!

Ultimate Venom, and Aventuriomax: You both have amazing Skinning talent, and every skin you release is amazing! The detail is so spot on, its unreal! I look up to you both because of the great skin you do, it makes me want to better my own!

Deedooo: Who could forgot Deedooo :D I could say we are friends, but I find you a bit hard to read sometimes lol. I look up to you because of your amazing skinning work, modding work, and anything else you do!

Others I look up to, Nowhereman, Blaw << Hello XD and others Im sure i will think of soon!

Let me know who you like!

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Great topic!

I am close to both Midnightphoenix123 and Jeanfan777 as we are all Jean fans and get along quite well! We all have lots in common, besides Jean (rolls eyes...) and like to pm each other and sometimes chat on facebook (although I rarely go on so I can't say much for that)

Fox is another great friend. He is very interesting and enjoyable to talk to. And always courteous if I may say so! That is one of my favorite things about him. I've also noticed that he takes initative when needed.

Nazirah/Nuhverah, Rogue, and Scabbia are more friends who I love! They each have their own special talents whether its glamorous skins and sounds, beautiful pieces of heromachine art, or amazing and unique mods.

Deedooo is another fav of mine on this forum. He started with a handful of skins and now has perhaps the most skins in the entire forum (has he beat Blaw?) He's always comical and I love reading his posts. He is one of the most unique and diverse person I have ever met.

Whiteking and I both started on this forum about the same time and we helped each other mod on our co-project (the very first Jean Grey booster for MUA). Since then we have parted out ways but I think we both enjoy each other's company even when our fav psychic gals are clashing ;)

NodoubtJr is sort of nostalgic for me lol. I came to Marvel Mods as an XML2 player and saw his brilliant mods! I loved them then and now I love them even more! I get along quite well with him and it's always a treat to see him on the forum whether he is releasing more mods or simply posting.

Those are basically the people who I feel closest to on this forum and the most comfortable with. It's kinda like having a whole 2nd family on this forum :)

Beyond that I basically admire every other modder on this forum since they all have contributed their time and effort (Blaw, Nowhere Man, Teancum, Matt710, etc.)

Dang I forgot Nuhverah, Rogue, and Scabbia :(. Nuhverah was really fun, did amazing work while she was here, and helped out alot! Scabbia helped me out so much when i first started off with modding :) and Rogue is an amazing person, very nice, love your hero machine work ;)

@Marvelfan - Nice to know Im a friend to someone else :)

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Quote from: MarvelFan12345 on January 05, 2012, 06:32PM
Great topic!
Whiteking and I both started on this forum about the same time and we helped each other mod on our co-project (the very first Jean Grey booster for MUA). Since then we have parted out ways but I think we both enjoy each other's company even when our fav psychic gals are clashing ;)
Haha, I know we have a weird friendship lol, but  you are right even when we clash about certain topics we have a great time together and it's true, we started together and the very first Jean booster is ours ^^

I have to say that I'm pretty close to Blaw, I consider him a real friend that knows me extremely well, I remember our first chat outside mods, about our life and goals (you also heard ALL the story about my broken heart, thank you for that Marv!) he's also my first sensei on skins and mods!

Nowhere man is also another great friend of mine, our chats are so incredible, we share so many points of view and love the same singers, movies and many stuff (and you know Gui that I want you here on Mexico, oh and bring Mr Marvin Jean Bish with you as well lol) :)

Marvel Watcher is also another person that it's close to me. He's so fun and we also share the same tastes on music, I want to go to view Nelly Furtado with you Rodrigo! :)

Nodoubt_jr is also someone who I respect a lot, not only because his skills as modder, but also because he's an incredible person (and so mature I have to say ^^)

Deedooo is also someone who has helped me a lot and I like his work as well.

There are some members that, while we're not close, I love what they're doing or what they did for the forum, Matt710, Teancum, THX, Tetragene, Iammingy, Burnig Rage, Dihan and a lot of people who has my deep respect.
And many of the new members who keep this forum alive with their boosters, mods and skins too.
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

January 05, 2012, 07:43PM #4 Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 01:22PM by Nowhere Man
I don't know. Did you mean look up just cause of their work or also cause of frienship? cause the people I'm closest to here are Whiteking, Blaw, Fox and Dihan. But I'm also very fond of other people I don't talk to as much, like Deedooo, Marvel Watcher, Marvelfan, Jeanfan321, JeanGrey777, Polygone, midnightphoenix and Rogue. Oh, and I certainly miss Toothless, wonder how he's been.

But there are people I look up to but never got particularly close to, like nodoubt, darkmark, ultimate venom, blizz, teancum, matt, gevth and even the modders I barely ever seen online like norrin radd, tommyboy and so on.
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

Yes my name! XD I mean like you look up to them because of their work, and the things they do. And also who do you find to be your friends on here.

I also miss Toothless, now going as Rage I believe. I hope he is doing all right. Last I heard he left the school in which he used to talk to use on, and said when ever he found the chance to come on he would. But I dont belive that has happend yet.

January 05, 2012, 11:59PM #6 Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 12:02AM by Polygone
Ahh thanks nowhere xD    uhm for me, probally Blaw,whiteking,dihan,nowhere everyone on this forum who can skin (so hard :p) which chould cover around most modders anyway :p, if I offended someone by missing em, let me know and ill look up to them :) oh, i missed fox and rogue :p, rogue is in my opinion someone who probally smiles alot, as her comments are always very nice :), abd fox for me personally, is also someone who"s really nice :)
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

January 13, 2012, 01:13PM #7 Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 01:19PM by JeanGrey777
For my friends:

Midnightphoenix123: We are really good friends, we talk a lot in facebook, we rp together as well sometimes and we are similar in many ways! and as midnightphoenix said, we talk a lo about meeting since we want to travel to another countries, and we are both Jean fans XD
Marvelfan12345: Really good friends as well, he helped me a lot when i started playing SHSO, we pm each other here, and when he's on facebook we chat as well and well, we are Jean fans XD. We RP many times as well when he is on SHSO, and it's actually really fun!
Nowhere man: Awesome modder and a very friend, we talk a lot and get along pretty well, if you ask me, he's a really nice person to be with!
Nuhverah: Awesome Skinner, very good friend as well, i really like talking to her!
Scabbia: Very good modder and skinner, very good friend as well, i remember we used to play a lot in Champions Online and we founded the SG: The Guardians of Darkness, although idk that the hell happened to it, but whatever XD
Rogue: I Love talking to her! she's an Awesome friend!

I miss Tootheless as well, he was an awesome friend.... i hope to see him again.

as for the people who i look up to:

Nodoubt_jr: Awesome modder, i use a lot of his mods for XML2, he's a fantastic modder!!!
Deedooo, Midnightphoenix and Blaw: You all have such an amazing skinning talent and modding talent!, i love all of your work!
Nuhverah, Scabbia and Aventureironmax: Awesome Skinning talent! i really like your work!
Marvelfan12345: An awesome modding talent as well and awesome boosters! i love them all!
Whiteking: Awesome boosters, mods and skins for both XML2 and MUA, i love your work!

ooooooooow, thanks mate! luv talking to u too ;)

January 13, 2012, 02:21PM #10 Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 02:24PM by 4elementsefww
For me, the people I look up to are mostly:

Whiteking - he pretty much introduced me to the site through his videos on youtube showcasing people's mods.  If I hadn't seen his videos I would have never bought the game for PC, so it is really because of him that I am on this awesome forum, So thanks Whiteking!

Nowhereman- is definitely someone to look up to cause he's just awesome, has mad skillz when it comes to modding,  and he seems like a nice person

Jeanfan321- I am amazed at his mods, to see someone who is young making mods, and learning/figuring code is really neat

Blaw- Of course he as well is awesome, and is amazing with his skills.

Nodoubt_jr - awesome contributor to the forum, and he seems like a nice person.  And his modding skills are awesome

Dihan- I really think dihan has talent when it comes to modding.  I got to say when I first came I downloaded most of his amazing mods first.

Nuhverah- she is a very creative person.  I love how many of her skins use models that weren't used very often, so it kind-of gave a fresh spin to the game and skins

SuperNatural-Witch- Very awesome modder and effects master so I think you are great

aventureiromax- Great skinner, and I love how he has contributed a lot of DC skins.

nshinnosuke - Awesome mods, and I love how you pay really close attention to the effects ingame, so you can use them for your mods

UltimateVeNoM - Great skinner and I love how detailed and clean you skins are, and I love the textures you use.

I am not very close to any certain person I don't think, but if I had to say, I think the people that I talk to the most though (probably closest to) are midnightphoenix123, nuhverah, rogue, jeanfan321, and fox456 and possibly some others that I am forgetting.  But I like talking to everyone, cause pretty much everyone here are great!
MY deviantART account: http://blacklynxkuroi.deviantart.com/

I'm very flattered and u seem very nice too :D

Thanks Jeanfan :) I'm glad someone looks up to me!

@4elements, yeah we do seem to talk alot on the forums at some points in time :D

Quote from: midnightphoenix123 on January 05, 2012, 04:40PM
Polygone: I just read one of your posts and noticed I forgot you! I find us to be some what of friends, idk if you do XD It seems that we talk at times aswell, and get a long just fine :)

Agreed, you learned me how to skin, so in my book, you're really awesome xD
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

Quote from: Polygone on January 16, 2012, 12:26PM
Agreed, you learned me how to skin, so in my book, you're really awesome xD

I did? Lol I guess its pretty bad if I dont remember. I'm glad you consider me a friend also! This is something that really makes me happy about this fourm. Even if none of us have ever meet we are all still amazing friends!