MelloMods' Mods: Deathlok, Rocket Raccoon, Adam Warlock ect...

Started by MelloMods, March 27, 2012, 11:37AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Yeah, I'm planning to reskin it at some point so that he also has the cool metallic armor he has in the cutscenes.

Hey Harpua, you've done some extremely impressive work! I have a question for you regarding Nova. I thought that his 'Ultra-Light Speed' power was appropriate for Quicksilver and have successfully copied the code. But while I was doing this, I noticed a reference to the following effect:
      effect = char/nova/p2_power7 ;
...which is absent from Nova's effects directory. It doesn't seem to matter at all, the power works as it should, but should there have been an additional graphics effect?

Quote from: Hobgoblin on April 15, 2013, 08:19AM
Hey Harpua, you've done some extremely impressive work! I have a question for you regarding Nova. I thought that his 'Ultra-Light Speed' power was appropriate for Quicksilver and have successfully copied the code. But while I was doing this, I noticed a reference to the following effect:
      effect = char/nova/p2_power7 ;
...which is absent from Nova's effects directory. It doesn't seem to matter at all, the power works as it should, but should there have been an additional graphics effect?

It might be a typo. Gevth started the mod and a lot of the effects were already included in the beta version, before I finished it. I am seeing a p2_power2 and p2_power3 located in the original files as well as my files for the completed mod. Maybe it was meant to refer to one of those.

^^view MelloMods' Mods^^

April 29, 2013, 09:01AM #63 Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 04:33AM by Harpua1982
Rocket Raccoon
Version 1.2
Mod By: Harpua1982

ABOUT
This mod was rather challenging for me. When I managed to obtain the original rip for UMvC3's Rocket Raccoon (classic skin), I had to do some mesh editing to his legs to make a regular MUA biped fit inside the mesh. If I didn't, and made a small model, Raccoon would be floating above ground. I tried to compensate for this by scaling him down in his herostat to 0.7. Some may wish that he was smaller, but scaling him down more would affect his speed. (which I also accounted for in his powerstyle). If you choose to re-size, be sure to edit the powerstyle entry for his speed (near the top) as well. All other skins, w/ the exception of the Ultimate skin, were basically re-textures of that classic skin. The ultimate skin is a mash-up of the original model, toad (kneepads), Thor (forearms) and Ultron (shoulders/hands). I sort of used the soundset as a template for the powers. This mod is based on the UMvC3 version of this character, but not a direct port. There's only so much you can do w/ the tools provided.

Skins:
  • 6502.igb - Modern
  • 6503.igb - Original
  • 6504.igb - Classic
  • 6505.igb -Ultimate

Powers/Abilities:
  • Tailspin:Raccoon spins around and thrashes foes with his deadly raccoon tail, damaging nearby enemies.
  • Laser Pistol: Fires a laser causing ENERGY DAMAGE to enemies hit.  +50% chance of critical hit if the enemy is stunned when hit by the attack.
  • Rabid Attack: Tackle an enemy and claw them multiple times with an additional chance of doing BLEED DAMAGE.
  • Plasma Cannon: Shoots a continuous stream of plasma, doing ENERGY DAMAGE.
  • Oil Bomb: Raccoon throws a balloon filled with oil that sets the ground on fire, burning enemies that come in range.
  • Tunnel Rat: Ability to burrow underground within a given range.Damages enemies at the destination following the end of the burrow. (boost)
  • Traps: Throws out a random trap. The amount of traps Raccoon throws out will increase as he levels up.. (boost)
  • Napalm Assault: Throw multiple Napalm canisters into the air, then blast them with laser pistol, raining destruction down on all nearby foes. Causes Knockback. (Xtreme)

Preview Video
click on image to view video

Features
  • UMvC3 model.
  • custom boltons,weapons and textures
  • Unique soundset (UMvC3 soundset)
  • 2 iconsets

Version 1.2 Update includes:
  • Internal # changed from 103 to 65 to prevent clashes w/ the Sif mod.
  • Arcade Android fix. Now Arcade Androids will turn into a GIANT Rocket Raccoon as opposed to Default Man. If you do not like this fix, please read the Read_Me file, to revert to previous version w/out changing internal numbers.

X-Voice
I've updated my version of X-Voice so the callout and the menu break sounds work for me, but I haven't uploaded it. Check http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4589.0.html for x_voice updates.

Known Bugs
  • Raccoon's right hand disappears in his "Plasma Cannon" power due to the model (he's fat) and the animation. This is hardly even noticeable during gameplay, unless you're using Gevth's 3rd Person Camera Mod.
  • Raccoon's tail is stiff as a board b/c 3 skeletons were already being utilized. I could've probably detached the tail, used it as a bolton, and used a tail animation (Lizard's) for said bolton, similar to how we use a cape animation for Magneto's cape, but never got around to doing so. This may be fixed in a future update.
  • please report anymore bugs here.

Thanks
  • lumekano - original UMvC3 Rocket Raccoon model rip
  • darkmaster20 - rips of UMvC3 Sounds.
  • sea206 -Future Gun model.
  • Dihan - Light Beam effect for Laser Pistol
  • DeeDooo -re-texture of 1st (modern) and 2nd (original) skins.
  • 3dregeneration - original Resident Evil Rocket Launcher rip; model edited and slightly re-textured (colored) by harpua1982; Log rip
  • Unibrow_1994 - Boulder model; animated by harpua1982
  • MUALover and Tien Shinhan - Help w/ Coding and effects.
  • Nowhere Man - use of his Human Torch booster (Fire Storm) for Oil Bomb
  • Bill Mantlo & Keith Griffen - Original creators of Rocket Raccoon.
  • Marvel, Activision, Raven, marvelmods.com, and....you for downloading...
  • anybody I may have missed...

As w/ most other mods here, a new game is required.  And don't forget to back-up all files!

Enjoy![/list]

^^view MelloMods' Mods^^

Crap. I totally forgot about them. I can't find 'em either. Would I be able to apply the textures using skinner? The offsets are pretty easy to find...

^^view MelloMods' Mods^^

Rocket Raccoon is amazing as expected. Another smashing good job.
I'm a writer with big goals and ambitions
Influences: Classic Literature, Horror Movies and Hanna Barbera Cartoons and wouldn't have it any other way

Your Rocket Racoon has to rate at the top for one of the most challenging (and successful) mods ever!  Thanks for completing this big project and sharing the result.  :)
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

That is some seriously impressive work. You obviously got skills to make double-R a reality. The Space Heroes 27 are growing.

Thank you so much for the Rocket Racoon mod!  :bowdown:

Can't wait to add him to my roster!! Great job, Harpua!! :laola:
Phoenix Force :phoenix: and the Merc with a Mouth :deadpool:
ReverbNation Profile
My Releases
My Workbench

Rocket Raccoon looks awesome! I can't wait to try him out!

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Quote from: Harpua1982 on April 29, 2013, 12:32PM
Crap. I totally forgot about them. I can't find 'em either. Would I be able to apply the textures using skinner? The offsets are pretty easy to find...

Yes if you are using DXT3 BGR, you'd just have to flip the RGB channels. Same applies to slapping em on a model in 3ds max.

I will try the mod out anywho, got a bit more time now and been waiting for raccoon to be released :P

Holly Hornets Batman! (Or should it in this case be Rabid Racoons Robin!) This Mod may be one of the coolest things I've ever seen on here! While Watching the video I could literally hear in my mind RR going "Log Trap, Boulder trap, Net Trap" over and over just as he can spam in UMVC3! Every thing looks perfect for him and I cannot wait to add him my next play through! WAY TO GO on you FREAKING SPECTACULAR work!

I'm liking Rocket. I don't mind his size. After all, he's not a normal raccoon. No bugs yet.