UPDATED: Psychokinetic Jean Grey & Omega-Level Storm

Started by Rain, April 10, 2012, 11:49AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Powers:

• Telekinesis: Lifts both enemies and objects using mental power. Can build bridges.
  • Astral Projection: Fires a blast of astral energy that homes in on enemies, knocking them back.
  • Telekinetic Field: Manifests a telekinetic shockwave that hurl enemies about.
  • Crushing Psychokinesis: Crushes enemies held immobile by psychokinesis.
  • Dark Phoenix: Inflicts a radial blast of mental energy that lifts enemies into the air, makes them flee, and causes a $DMG_PHYSICAL explosion around fallen enemies.
  • Mental Guardian: Projects a small piece of Phoenix essence from within that will attack enemies near Jean.

Xtremes:

• PHOENIX FORCE: Xtreme radial attack dealing fire damage with a chance to convert enemies.
  • FROM THE ASHES: Resurrect 1 ally.

Boosters:

• Astral Form: Jean turns to her astral form and becomes immaterial. If Jean stays in this form for too long, she will die. Block to cancel.
  • Telepathic Link: Links to the minds of all teammates, increasing $AR and $DMG.

Passives:

• Psionic Combat: Adds $DMG_MENTAL to all melee attacks.
  • Telekinetic Net: Gives Jean a chance to dodge projectile attacks.
  • Psionic Mastery: Increases the damage and chance for criticals of all Psionic attacks, and gives Jean Grey a chance to instantly revive after falling in battle.

Inspired from: <A HREF="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEVyi04v63U">"X-Men: Evolution"

Powers:

• Lightning Bolt: Storm wills the power of nature to strike at her enemies with lightning bolt.
  • Gale Wind: Powerful wind knocks back all in Storm's path.
  • Rain Wave: A cold water wave radiates outward, slowing down enemies within range.
  • Blizzard: Radial blast of cold and snow which freezes enemies. Can build bridges.
  • Tornado: Creates a miniature tornado, hurling objects and enemies about.
  • Chain Lightning: Lightning shoots from Storm's hands, chaining from enemy to enemy.
  • Static Electricity: Charges enemies within range, increasing all damage taken for a time.

Xtremes:

• RAGING TEMPEST: Radial wind and lightning attack.
  • WILL OF THE GODDESS: Makes all party members invulnerable for a time, and increases max $EP.

Boosters:

• Whirlwind Armor: A whirlwind protector that absorbs $DMG_ELEMENTAL, $DMG_ENERGY, and $DMG_RADIATION for Storm, while damaging those that touch her.
  • Conduction: Raises resistances for self and allies.

Passives:

• Elemental Combat: Adds $DMG_ELECTRICITY to all melee attacks.
  • Weather Mastery: Increases the damage and chance for criticals of all elemental attacks.

Inspired from: <A HREF="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5xmOOGgSug">"Wolverine and the X-Men"</A>

:done: Enhanced powers/abilities;
:done: Enhanced effects;
:done: I tried to make everything as realistic I could.

I don't have time for picture and video previews, so, if you want to make some... go for it!  :nod:

REMEMBER TO BACKUP YOUR FILES BEFORE USING MY BOOSTERS. I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS YOU HAVE!
:king:

Any bugs, problems... just tell me in here.
:shy:

Please comment of any impression you have about those boosters. I got a hard work and long time to make them.  ;D

THANK YOU!   :highfive:
<A HREF="http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8019.0.html">CHECK OUT MY XML II MODS HERE</A>

yay!! Hows your angel salvador mod going along?  :jumping:

It's somewhere in my xml2 mods folder. It's half done.  :nervous: I'll take her again soon :D
<A HREF="http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8019.0.html">CHECK OUT MY XML II MODS HERE</A>

your having better luck than me,  my work was on my old laptop. now i have to start from scratch. But its so hard! like when im importing igbs in muaskinner ui it comes up with error messages! I cant remeber how i did it :(

Nasty, man! It happened to me too.. but when I've re-installed my windows. But for me was just booster.. not entire mods like you.. nasty. I know it's hard, takes time.. and continuous work. If I let it for another day.. I forget the things I wanted to do.. and so on..
Hey, lucky, I wish I could learn to make skins.. I never had time for that :)
We'll be patient and next time more careful with your work files. ;) You're gonna make it  :wiggle:

I really love your boosts and i think this are the things i would have done for them.

Quote from: Felipe Araujo Melo on April 10, 2012, 05:09PM
Incredible guy was perfect
:storm:
Quote from: edward on April 10, 2012, 10:27PM
I really love your boosts and i think this are the things i would have done for them.
Thank you guys, it means a lot to me. :) Hope you don't have problems with Jean's TK effects, I tried to do them as smooth I could ;D

Rain, the download links for Jean & Storm have gone cold, any chance of a re-upload because I would really like to try em both.

BTW your MUA2 Storm booster works like a treat, you have definatly turned her into the goddess that she deserved to be.

Thank you so much "EndSong", and for Storm this one is much better then the mua2 booster, you'll see! :)
I don't know what is the problem with the download links, I'll upload them both again as soon as possible. ;)

The download links for both Jean and Storm are working now!
EndSong, you can try them and tell me what you think about. :) Thanks

April 23, 2012, 08:55AM #12 Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 09:04AM by EndSong
Righty-o, I have tried them both out and I written down a few minor things that stood out for me (tried to keep the list short).  BTW the mods that I had before these were your MUA2 Storm and Shadowslacks TK booster for Jean so im sort of comparing this to those. 

Ill start off with  :storm:
Liked:
-- Changed effects (blue) on the stun combo
-- The blizzard + other effects on Raging Tempest
-- How Storm & her teamates become 'charged' after casting Will of the Goddess
-- The Rain Wave power, great idea, great execution  :applause:
-- Tornado power is now 10 seconds!! = 'Major Destruction' (maybe longer but didn't check)
-- Changed effects for Gale Winds, I like them but prefer the MUA2 version as that swept across the entire screen

Dislike:
-- The casting animation for Lightning Bolt, but I think im just too used to the original  ;)

Next up is  :phoenix:
Liked:
-- The blue TK effects, how you stuck to putting as little to no effects on it (like Shadow) but enough to know which enemy your holding
-- The Mental Guardian 'birds' are awesome, really well done on them
-- The Astral powers you have given her, very unique!! 
-- (*) No flying effects above her head & around her hands

Dislike:
-- I think From the Ashes animation takes too long, but I suppose if your going to ressurect someone it might take some time
-- Noticed that 'Block' doesnt have a in-game icon, yet it does in team management/xtract

** Not sure if this is what you wanted because there are flying effects in the 'Effects' folder when I extracted them, but there are no effects when she flys. I might know why because I deleted (backed-up first) some files out of her 'Effects' folder beforehand because I kept getting the pink effects when using Shadows TK mod.**

Overall I really like them both, the things that I have disliked or so to speak are things that I can live with, GREAT JOB!  :bowdown1:

Quote from: EndSong on April 23, 2012, 08:55AM
Righty-o, I have tried them both out and I written down a few minor things that stood out for me (tried to keep the list short).  BTW the mods that I had before these were your MUA2 Storm and Shadowslacks TK booster for Jean so im sort of comparing this to those. 

Ill start off with  :storm:
Liked:
-- Changed effects (blue) on the stun combo
-- The blizzard + other effects on Raging Tempest
-- How Storm & her teamates become 'charged' after casting Will of the Goddess
-- The Rain Wave power, great idea, great execution  :applause:
-- Tornado power is now 10 seconds!! = 'Major Destruction' (maybe longer but didn't check)
-- Changed effects for Gale Winds, I like them but prefer the MUA2 version as that swept across the entire screen

Dislike:
-- The casting animation for Lightning Bolt, but I think im just too used to the original  ;)

Next up is  :phoenix:
Liked:
-- The blue TK effects, how you stuck to putting as little to no effects on it (like Shadow) but enough to know which enemy your holding
-- The Mental Guardian 'birds' are awesome, really well done on them
-- The Astral powers you have given her, very unique!! 
-- (*) No flying effects above her head & around her hands

Dislike:
-- I think From the Ashes animation takes too long, but I suppose if your going to ressurect someone it might take some time
-- Noticed that 'Block' doesnt have a in-game icon, yet it does in team management/xtract

** Not sure if this is what you wanted because there are flying effects in the 'Effects' folder when I extracted them, but there are no effects when she flys. I might know why because I deleted (backed-up first) some files out of her 'Effects' folder beforehand because I kept getting the pink effects when using Shadows TK mod.**

Overall I really like them both, the things that I have disliked or so to speak are things that I can live with, GREAT JOB!  :bowdown1:

LOL I like you are direct and honest!  :applause:

Well, on  :storm:
- the Gale Wind new effect is not ranged all over the screen like the old one, I see it more realistic this way because it knocks back enemies in a limited range,  so the wind has to be visible only along the area it can reach and hit enemies, not all over the screen. (in mua2 storm gale wind effect is on a limited area, just way better graphics).
- I changed the casting animation for her Lightning Bolt because I want it more close to the xml1 animation, or/and mua 2 animation, when she just raises her hand and lightning comes down from the sky, and that's the closest anim I have for her. On the original anim for this power I only liked the first part when she raises her open palm to the sky, and disliked when she stretched down her hand when the lightning comes... it's just not storm as I know.

On  :phoenix:
- you are right about the from the ashes anim, it takes a lit bit time to revive allies, but not a problem with it.
- don't worry about the flying effects and other effect files that are in her folder, it will not interract with her in game. so, if there is any fly effect in the folder, it will not show up in the game (make sure to use my herostat). :)
Start a new game. :)

Thank you very much for taking time to try my boosters, and talk so much about them. ;) Salu' :)

Nice mod,works fine for me.The only downside(not really a downside) is that Storm now has 3 radial-type powers(gale wind,rain wave and blizzard).I find rain wave the most effective.Again,this is not a bad thing,because you'll now how to distribute skill-points effectively. :thumbsup: