BLaw's Mods - Updated Models (2019)

Started by BLaw, April 26, 2012, 04:47AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Wow, finally plugged NEW Shiny Emma and couldn't believe the drastic difference from your first batch! The first one I thought were the best Emma skins I'd seen but with your new texture and shine job it is a completely different skin. Again, wow and thank you  :bowdown1:

Quote from: Tony_Stark on July 22, 2014, 02:41PM
Hey Blaw! Thought I'd pop in and see what's going on, awesome Iron Man suit!

Thanks! Glad to see you popping in ^_^

Quote from: ndp on July 23, 2014, 11:29PM
Wow, finally plugged NEW Shiny Emma and couldn't believe the drastic difference from your first batch! The first one I thought were the best Emma skins I'd seen but with your new texture and shine job it is a completely different skin. Again, wow and thank you  :bowdown1:

Thanks a lot! It would've been better if the exporter worked along but it doesn't. But I try to make it look as realistic as possible.

I made some tweaks to the Avengers 2 suit (rigging-wise) and I'll upload a new version soon, along with some new skins.

July 26, 2014, 03:45PM #707 Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 03:50PM by B.L.A.W

Updated all of the below models and added a couple of new customized skins. Every skin has it's own hud and a mannequin separately.

Also updated the Mark 42 skins and Avengers 2 skins to reduce file size and a rigging fix, respectively.

You can find the updated and new skins at the Iron Man Recap

Upcoming releases:

- Original Iron Man
- Golden Iron Man
- An Avengers 2 suit for a character carrying what is considered a weapon.
- Continuation of Emma Frost updates.

Any chance for the Iron Man 3 Silver Centurion? That's my fave. Amazing work as always, dude! :thumbsup2:

Quote from: Teancum on July 26, 2014, 08:17PM
Any chance for the Iron Man 3 Silver Centurion? That's my fave. Amazing work as always, dude! :thumbsup2:

Yes, it's still on my to-do list. Basically all IM3 models which are ripped from the mobile game will be converted (there are some which still haven't been ripped by anyone and I don't know how to rip em).

Anyone excited for:

Oh, Damn is that Johnny Storm oh I mean Steve Rogers. That skin looks Amazing! Looks like we get a little Age of Ultron action a whole summer before the flick comes out. I posted the PIC from ComicCon on MovieNews page really big so everyone could see the details. Be cafeful I wrote a spoiler under the pic a few lines so not to ruin it if you don't want to know. Again keep up the great work with the skins.

Great job on Ironman! Can't wait for captain america!!

Hello, Blaw, If I may ask, Is there any chance of converting some skins of Colossus, Emma, ​​Jean and Scott for xml2? Or they are totally incompatible? if its possible, what program I need and what I should do? Great job and Thank you.
AXM edition team:  :phoenix: :cyclops: :colossus:   :wolverine:

Quote from: Shunshi on July 27, 2014, 08:42PM
Hello, Blaw, If I may ask, Is there any chance of converting some skins of Colossus, Emma, ​​Jean and Scott for xml2? Or they are totally incompatible? if its possible, what program I need and what I should do? Great job and Thank you.

You cannot convert skins (custom models) to XML2 because the exporter program which spits out rigged models is incompatible. The only thing you can do to "convert" skins to XML2 is to use either XML2 models or any PS2 models of XML2 or MUA. The downside of it is that parts of skins (pouches and hard objects) cannot be removed from the model, but most skinners can think of creative ways to use those objects.

Short story, it's not possible unless you reskin a model to look like the skin you want to convert.

Quote from: B.L.A.W on July 27, 2014, 08:48PM
You cannot convert skins (custom models) to XML2 because the exporter program which spits out rigged models is incompatible. The only thing you can do to "convert" skins to XML2 is to use either XML2 models or any PS2 models of XML2 or MUA. The downside of it is that parts of skins (pouches and hard objects) cannot be removed from the model, but most skinners can think of creative ways to use those objects.

Short story, it's not possible unless you reskin a model to look like the skin you want to convert.
Hummm well, I think I guess I regret and retract xD
Thank you for the answer.
I tried to make custom skins but I got catastrophic results XD
AXM edition team:  :phoenix: :cyclops: :colossus:   :wolverine:

Quote from: Shunshi on July 27, 2014, 08:53PM
Hummm well, I think I guess I regret and retract xD
Thank you for the answer.
I tried to make custom skins but I got catastrophic results XD

Well you can always go for MUA custom skins, custom models work.

Trust me, if it worked for XML2 there would be a lot of people making custom models for it. The only thing you can do for XML2 is create weapons/objects which do not require any rigging (with bones/bipeds). But that's about it.

Alright, I have 4 surprises in store for you guys. Those surprises should be up in an hour or so. Stay tuned.

July 29, 2014, 04:03PM #718 Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 04:30PM by B.L.A.W

The movie isn't near yet (still a year away!) but it doesn't stop me from making skins based on the set pictures and whatnot! With Iron Man released already (even though I could not find more pictures of him), I could find a lot of source material for Captain America. So I present the Age of Ultron suit! Exclusive to Marvel Mods :)

I also updated the Avengers, First Avenger and Winter Soldier skins for smoother bone transitions and better textures. For the icing on the cake I added huds for each skin. And to put the cherry on top I made ANIMATED mannequins for each model based on Chris Evans' pose on the exclusive preview for that magazine I forgot.

Note: the mannequins are usable as skins but not recommended as they do not have the shield on the hand. Did that on purpose.

You can find the releases at the Captain America Recap

Previews:

The Age of  Ultron has begun!!! I never thought Cap would have redesigns that would be even close to his original but the last two have been awesome. Thanks for all your hard work