Tony Stark's Workshop

Started by Tony Stark, May 02, 2012, 03:16PM

Previous topic - Next topic
XML2 has up to 9 skins available. Not all of Hyperman's skins are compatible, but my favorite are.

Tony Stark and Mark I.

Quote from: hemlot on July 13, 2012, 04:22PM
XML2 has up to 9 skins available. Not all of Hyperman's skins are compatible, but my favorite are.

Tony Stark and Mark I.

I'm glad you like them! I think Tony Stark was the most interesting idea I had for Iron Man though.

Love your take on the briefcase armor and Mk7 looks pretty good too! I'd like to request an alternate version of that skin. I'd to request it with the colors from MSHSO: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-GF7igazQcnk/T2xwlO-xFTI/AAAAAAAAEpQ/UXaOPnx0WzQ/s1600/534305_344952738873551_112887748746719_880120_903801906_n.jpg
Only if it's not too much trouble though!

Quote from: DeeDooo on July 13, 2012, 09:12PM
Love your take on the briefcase armor and Mk7 looks pretty good too! I'd like to request an alternate version of that skin. I'd to request it with the colors from MSHSO: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-GF7igazQcnk/T2xwlO-xFTI/AAAAAAAAEpQ/UXaOPnx0WzQ/s1600/534305_344952738873551_112887748746719_880120_903801906_n.jpg
Only if it's not too much trouble though!

Aren't the colors the same?

Almost. Check the arc reactor - different color. And different tones of the red and gold.

Yeah it's the reds and golds that are a bit duller/darker but I like that color scheme better than the actual movie's XD

Quote from: DeeDooo on July 14, 2012, 01:42AM
Yeah it's the reds and golds that are a bit duller/darker but I like that color scheme better than the actual movie's XD

Well I'm a little busy for now... DeeDooo, do you want to go ahead and recolor it yourself?

http://marvel.com/news/story/19058/sdcc_2012_iron_mans_new_armor_unveiled
Looks like this is Mark 8 in Iron Man 3. I'll make it once we get more detailed shots of the sides and back but I have to admit, I don't like this one too much so far. Too much gold for my taste.

Wow Hyperman! Brilliant! A complete Iron Man movie armor set! Thanks a lot for taking the time to do these... And I have to say the Mark VII is my favorite! Awesome job! :stark:

Now, about the Mark VIII... I'd love to see your skin on it, but I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with Marvel's direction with it. It looks way too... Bland. I can't tell if all that is supposed to be gold or silver, but Iron Man has always been mostly red with gold as the secondary color. I was excited about IM3, but if this is truly the final design of the Mark VIII... uggg...

I'm not too fond of the all gold either...I want to see the movies do some takes on different types of armor like the Stealth Armor or something based on the Ultimate Armor just to switch things up.

Quote from: Hyperman360 on July 14, 2012, 10:14AM
Well I'm a little busy for now... DeeDooo, do you want to go ahead and recolor it yourself?
My main problem will be decompiling and recompiling cause I'm pretty sure the custom models only work on MUASkinner and that doesn't work for my computer D:

Quote from: CmdrRiker1701D on July 14, 2012, 07:42PM
Wow Hyperman! Brilliant! A complete Iron Man movie armor set! Thanks a lot for taking the time to do these... And I have to say the Mark VII is my favorite! Awesome job! :stark:

Now, about the Mark VIII... I'd love to see your skin on it, but I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with Marvel's direction with it. It looks way too... Bland. I can't tell if all that is supposed to be gold or silver, but Iron Man has always been mostly red with gold as the secondary color. I was excited about IM3, but if this is truly the final design of the Mark VIII... uggg...

Thanks! Yeah, I was happy to make them; I like them better than the basic ones in the game.
Yes that's how I felt about it too. I also saw pictures where they turned War Machine into an "Iron Patriot" and it just looks strange.

Quote from: DeeDooo on July 14, 2012, 10:35PM
I'm not too fond of the all gold either...I want to see the movies do some takes on different types of armor like the Stealth Armor or something based on the Ultimate Armor just to switch things up.

My main problem will be decompiling and recompiling cause I'm pretty sure the custom models only work on MUASkinner and that doesn't work for my computer D:

Yeah, like I said it doesn't look as good. We still don't know what this suit is made for; it could be some kind of specialty; they usually give us a reason for armor upgrades.

I can do the compiling; I just don't know if I'll have time to do all that recoloring, plus I'm not sure it really interests me. I can send you the texture via PM and let you recolor it, then you can send it back and I'll recompile it.

Sure I could do that :] Thanks!
I'm just a little worried about the next Iron Movie. I'm guessing they (and RDJ) will make it all come together by the release but all this talk of cyborg mercenaries and the Iron Patriot armor and the Extremis arc just feels a bit disconnected. I'm hoping the mark 8 will just be temporary. And who knows it could look really awesome in action even though it looks a bit dumb just sitting there?

Quote from: DeeDooo on July 15, 2012, 12:34PM
Sure I could do that :] Thanks!
I'm just a little worried about the next Iron Movie. I'm guessing they (and RDJ) will make it all come together by the release but all this talk of cyborg mercenaries and the Iron Patriot armor and the Extremis arc just feels a bit disconnected. I'm hoping the mark 8 will just be temporary. And who knows it could look really awesome in action even though it looks a bit dumb just sitting there?

Sent the texture!

I keep telling myself the Mark VIII is some sort of specialized armor, kind of like Mark V was.

July 16, 2012, 10:34AM #313 Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 10:40AM by Hyperman360
Here's DeeDooo's recolored variant of the Mark VII armor! Get it on the main posts!

NOTE: This is a PC model.

In other news, I'm going to make TRON-Style skins of the Green and Blue Lanterns once aventureiromax gives me permission.