the Dazzler mod (version 3.0 released 9/7/09)

Started by Tetragene, July 19, 2007, 02:31PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm glad that some of you are enjoying it.  Here's a new version for those of you that downloaded the full mod.  Dazzler is now a NPC in Stark Tower, has a special convo with Enchantress in Asgard, and I included the edited murderworld map which contains her Simulator disc (for the last time (O_O))

http://www.zshare.net/download/297244174e4e26/

Okay I must be a total ditz as I can not get this mod to work in my game, can anyone help me with it?

Which version are you trying to install?

If it's the "regular version", follow the instructions in the main page ( http://marvelmods.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29&Itemid=43 ) step by step. It's actually pretty easy to do.
Also, be sure to back up herostat.engb . And install the "next-gen mod" first (Colossus and Moon Knight).

I was trying to do the Look at me I'm trying to advertise so ban me now as it said it had a self installer.... but what is herostat.engb?  Sorry I'm not very computer savvy.

As Gevth previously pointed out, you must install the next-gen. mod first before the others can function. Was going to post the exact same thing, but Gevth beat me to it. A good Newcomer FAQ Thread candidate. Next time, please do not ask FAQ's on mod release threads or other major and important ones. Thanks.

Well, it's not true that you need the next-gen mod for the others to function, but there's no reason not to install the next-gen mod because it increases the number of character slots. 

Dazzler4ever--if you're downloading the "Look at me I'm trying to advertise so ban me now" then all you have to do is copy and paste or move the files into your Marvel:Ultimate Alliance directory.  In addition to the Dazzler mod it includes the Next Gen and PSP mods.  I recommend backing up some of your files first.  The read-me included with the .zip will tell you what to back-up and where to paste/move the new files to.

I'm currently working on version 3.0 to get all the kinks worked out and improve on her powers a bit.  Hopefully it will be released in a few weeks--I have my first full-time job now and it's a bitch to find the motivation to do anything besides veg out after work, lol.

edit: by the way idrinkdrpepper, I loved the Marvel Mod video you put on youtube  :bowdown1:

thats cool dazzler rlz:D:D:D

Hey guys, if I install the pack that ADDS Dazzler, but doesn't replace Elektra, does that mod add only Dazzler, or some other characters as well?  :dazzler:

so... dazzler replaces elektra wat if i have elektra replaced alread? will dazzler replace tht or wood i havta find a place for dazzler?

Find the menulocation of a character you don't want. Copy the number to Dazzler's entry. Delete the whole entry of the the character you don't want.

no... my question is... does dazzler automaticly replace slot 9 n o matter wat is there or only if elektra is there cuz i put viz there and i'm thinkin' of installing dazz.

That's why I told you to delete the entry of of a character you don't want and take his/her menu-location number.

Ohh man, this looks sweet! Amazing job Tetragene!!!

:popcorn:    :highfive:

Yep work is impressive!