Psylocke Mod

Started by nodoubt_jr, July 20, 2007, 04:53PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Looking forward to it (duh! Psylocke is my favorite character!). I'm also recreating all of my previous psylocke skins on the medusa model. Maybe you could use them.

Off topic, but how exactly do you create new textures? Do you edit the alpha channel to get the shape?

Quote from: shafcrawler on May 28, 2009, 01:09PM
Looking forward to it (duh! Psylocke is my favorite character!). I'm also recreating all of my previous psylocke skins on the medusa model. Maybe you could use them.

Off topic, but how exactly do you create new textures? Do you edit the alpha channel to get the shape?

Ok cool, do you think you'll be releasing them soon? im still working on her and Revanche, but i just wanted to know if i should wait to release it until the skins are done or release the mods as soon as its done. Not trying to pressure you, just want to know.

For new textures this is what i do:
-xtract the texture from a characters icons (so you get a good 128x128 canvas). once i have the bmp, color over it completly black, then paint the texture you want in white or a specific color that is not black (the effect automatically alphas out anything thats black), make sure its centered and upside down, then compile it back up.  Then go into the igb with a hex editor and change the PNG name to something unique.  Then its all done :).  Find an effect, change the texture used to your new one, and then you are ready to test.

heres how one of my butterfly textures looks like:

Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

I'm nearly done with them. I just have the new exiles to finish and presto! They're all high res! So i'm guessing you won't have to wait too long.

And thanks for sharing the info on textures. That butterfly looks looks sweet!

Ok awesome, if you need help again just let me know.

no problem, doing new textures is really helpful, for example the newest one i did Psylocke's Crimson Dawn tatoo (just for her xtreme boost)
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0

Then do you want her shadow form to go with it? I made a shadow psylocke skin but i couldn't add her crimson dawn tattoo to the texture. Maybe, you could even make the tattoo a skin specific effect.

May 28, 2009, 04:40PM #51 Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 04:42PM by nodoubt_jr
i had no plans on using a shadow form skin as one of her skins, i dont think they'll be room for it. but maybe she can change into it for her xtreme boost, so while her allies turn slightly invisible, she can take on her shadow form and display the crimson tatoo.

that actually sounds cool for her xtreme boost, so i think if you do it i'll use it for that.

Quote from: nodoubt_jr on May 28, 2009, 04:40PM
but maybe she can change into it for her xtreme boost, so while her allies turn slightly invisible, she can take on her shadow form and display the crimson tatoo.

That's actually what I was thinking of when I made my previous post :)
Btw, check your PM!

All sounds awesome !! ;)

Quote from: shafcrawler on May 29, 2009, 03:16AM
Btw, check your PM!

got it and responded twice :)

ok thanks to shafcrawler Psylocke now has a shadow form, it goes great with the crimson dawn tatoo effect i did

that looks incredible!

When's the release date? I had tweaked Psylocke a little using the MUA version to give her Psychic Blade a STUN effect, but if you are making a new version, I would trust yours better than my bootleg...

Also, the Crimson Dawn tattoo looks incredible. Is there a new shadow power like Nightcrawler? Or is it only with Xtreme PfR?

i dont know when it will be released, still need to do a couple of things, and finish up Revanche (i want to release them at the same time), and then wait for some skins shafcrawler is doing so i can check those out and add them or not. I doubt it will take more than a week to finish and release.  BTW i added a stun effect to her Psychic Blade.

Thanks, its just for the Xtreme boost, i like her other boost as they are right now.

Very cool. Looking very forward to it!

Keep up the incredible work!