sbarth13 mod releases (9-13-14; quasar, gamora, magik)

Started by sbarth13, May 28, 2012, 09:13PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Hobgoblin on March 20, 2013, 01:16AM
Wow - I was already enjoying your Wonder Man mod for a while, now I finally got around to trying out some of the other mods of yours, I looked at Dagger and Justice and they're both incredible!!

I've just read the Kurt Busiek Avengers run, which featured Justice and made me appreciate the character a lot better than before. Wonder what made you decide on making this mod, was it the same Busiek run, or a liking for the New Warriors, or Avengers Academy? (Also wondering if you might be having a go at a Firestar mod of your own... or a Speedball even.)

i made him on a whim. i try to mod characters that haven't been done yet. he was one of them, plus he was on the mod request list from 5 years ago, so i figured 'why not'? i also knew very little about him. my interest in him did pick up a little when he was in MUA 2.

glad you like the mods. i try to make each character unique from existing ones. wonder man, for instance, could have just been a melee clone of colossus or something, but i don't just like cloning an existing pc.

like sentry, i also have my own version of firestar, but its more like 70% Blaw/marvintage and 30% mine. Blaw did a fine job of it, i just tried to make her a little more 'unique' by changing some effects and a few powers. i suppose if people want more than one version, i can release it, but i would need either Blaw's permission, or redo a bunch of stuff.

in the meantime, i have Crystal, Sentry, Karnak, and Drax the destroyer lined up for release. doing some effect work on the sentry now. drax and karnak are probably 90% done.

All of the mods that you mentioned (Crystal, Sentry, Karnak, and Drax) are intriguing to me!  I look forward to playing them.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Quote from: sbarth13 on March 20, 2013, 05:21PM
i made him on a whim. i try to mod characters that haven't been done yet. he was one of them, plus he was on the mod request list from 5 years ago, so i figured 'why not'? i also knew very little about him. my interest in him did pick up a little when he was in MUA 2.

glad you like the mods. i try to make each character unique from existing ones. wonder man, for instance, could have just been a melee clone of colossus or something, but i don't just like cloning an existing pc.

like sentry, i also have my own version of firestar, but its more like 70% Blaw/marvintage and 30% mine. Blaw did a fine job of it, i just tried to make her a little more 'unique' by changing some effects and a few powers. i suppose if people want more than one version, i can release it, but i would need either Blaw's permission, or redo a bunch of stuff.

in the meantime, i have Crystal, Sentry, Karnak, and Drax the destroyer lined up for release. doing some effect work on the sentry now. drax and karnak are probably 90% done.

The Inhumans are coming! :eek:
This is going to be an awesome team :D

March 21, 2013, 12:41AM #78 Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 10:16AM by Hobgoblin
Thanks for the answer! That's an impressive line-up, I'm also happy to see that all of the Inhumans are getting some quality modding treatment.

I do agree that the BLaw Firestar mod is very good already. But did you get yours to make sounds? The mod I tried doesn't have any. (edit - never mind, figured it out, there was a bad reference to the soundfile in the herostat)

Perhaps (and with permission from the original modders) you could release some of your versions of existing mods as boosters, rather than stand-alone mods? I think your work might be of interest to more people.

Love Drax and Karnak. Can't wait to see what you've done with them.  Sentry will also be on my list to give a go.

Speaking of Karnak, last year for a podcast my friends and I were doing, we introduced a segment called Fantasy Fiction Football where you pick any characters from Fiction and you essentially draft your team.  Karnak ending up being my Offense Coordinator lol. Lets see if I can remember who else I had.

Pheonix (Quarter Back) Thor (back up QB)
Ginyu Force as my Defense
Prince of Persia, Brock Sampson as Running Backs,
Blink and Magik as  wide recievers,
And the Hyno-Toad as my Team Mascot...well just because lol.

Sorry for the Tangent! Love your work! :)

Quote from: Hobgoblin on March 21, 2013, 12:41AM
Thanks for the answer! That's an impressive line-up, I'm also happy to see that all of the Inhumans are getting some quality modding treatment.

I do agree that the BLaw Firestar mod is very good already. But did you get yours to make sounds? The mod I tried doesn't have any. (edit - never mind, figured it out, there was a bad reference to the soundfile in the herostat)

Perhaps (and with permission from the original modders) you could release some of your versions of existing mods as boosters, rather than stand-alone mods? I think your work might be of interest to more people.

i think mine has sounds. i might have changed it. don't remember. i suppose i could release it as a booster. really all i changed i think is some powers and such in the talent and powerstyles. everything else is his.

Quote from: Lionsden99 on March 21, 2013, 04:42AM
Love Drax and Karnak. Can't wait to see what you've done with them.  Sentry will also be on my list to give a go.

Speaking of Karnak, last year for a podcast my friends and I were doing, we introduced a segment called Fantasy Fiction Football where you pick any characters from Fiction and you essentially draft your team.  Karnak ending up being my Offense Coordinator lol. Lets see if I can remember who else I had.

Pheonix (Quarter Back) Thor (back up QB)
Ginyu Force as my Defense
Prince of Persia, Brock Sampson as Running Backs,
Blink and Magik as  wide recievers,
And the Hyno-Toad as my Team Mascot...well just because lol.

Sorry for the Tangent! Love your work! :)

lol. given that karnak can see the weak point in anything, he would be unstoppable as a coach. it seems thor would be more of a fullback, or a stud linebacker.

Majorly going to be looking forward to Karnak
I'm a writer with big goals and ambitions
Influences: Classic Literature, Horror Movies and Hanna Barbera Cartoons and wouldn't have it any other way

Quote from: Oddark123 on March 22, 2013, 03:37AM
Majorly going to be looking forward to Karnak
Actually I for one am looking forewords to Sentry most ^-^ But all of the projects sound like a blast

Bit of a late response to this, Re:Firestar :

Quotei suppose i could release it as a booster. really all i changed i think is some powers and such in the talent and powerstyles. everything else is his

I would actually still be very interested in your Firestar powerstat & taltent alterations. BLaw's mod is great, but power-wise she could still be just a little bit more different from the Human Torch, which is what I get the impression you did?

yup. i also thought she was too much like human torch. plus, sunfire is out there too, and he has fiery powers. i went with the whole 'microwave energy' angle. half her attacks do radiation or energy damage as opposed to fire, with some of them settign enemies on fire and such. microwave energy produces heat, but not fire. thats my take anyways.

btw, i will probably get drax, crystal, and sentry released within the week. crystal and sentry are all set to go, and drax is just getting a final playthrough.

I'll be looking forward to your Crystal and Sentry, sbarth13 :D

Quoteyup. i also thought she was too much like human torch. plus, sunfire is out there too, and he has fiery powers. i went with the whole 'microwave energy' angle. half her attacks do radiation or energy damage as opposed to fire, with some of them settign enemies on fire and such. microwave energy produces heat, but not fire. thats my take anyways.

That sounds exactly like what I'd want for her mod! Would you be willing to share those modiied files, perhaps if BLaw/Marvintage gives his permission first?

crystal, drax, and sentry are released. i think i got all the bugs, but let me know if anyone finds any. also, new skins for gorgon. next up is Hellstrom and Karnak, who should be out soon.