Question

Started by Ultimate-Elektra, March 07, 2007, 01:22PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I don't own MUA for the pc, instead I own the psp version. Is it still possible for me modify/add characters to MUA/XML2? If so, can any one direct me to a link to instruct me how to do so?

You will need a memory stick big enough to fit the game, as you won't be able to use the disc's data with the modded files. Consequently, you will also need the whole data dump of the disc on your computer and the PSP reflashed to one of those fancy homebrewn firmwares that allow loading of games off the memory stick.

Once you have all that, get back to me and I'll attempt to walk ya through the rest :D

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

March 07, 2007, 02:03PM #2 Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 02:06PM by Ultimate-Elektra
How big a memory card are we talking?
I'm familiar with coding to some degree, but software is a whole other category. So explain firmwares to me, if you would be so kind *sigh* Is it The piece that allows you to connect your psp to the computer?

2 gigs, because the game takes up a little over 1, and they don't make them in 1-and-a-half.

Firmware is the internal software of the PSP, the stuff that allows it run all that it runs. The official ones have the access to the memory card for loading games blocked off. Therefore, you will need one of the fancy custom firmwares -- the only problem is that the PSP's firmware cracking is not as stable as with other portable consoles, so it has a nice 2% chance of killing your PSP for all eternity. Scared yet?

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Okay, I'll go buy me one of those 8gig memory cards today.

As for the scared thing yet, no not really :P 2% isn't all that high... Okay just a little frightened for my baby but I can do it!

So how do we effect the firmware?

that's pretty cool if it works. not that i HAVE a psp... but it's good to know!