Venom mod version 1.2 (Z) (added tail for Thunderbolts)

Started by Dark_Mark, July 25, 2007, 01:34PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Midnight Curse on July 25, 2007, 09:41PM
There was a Venom in the Quad Mod way earlier back, but this one looks way better! And Venom was available in the DLC content along with Magneto, Hawkeye, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Sabretooth, Hulk, and Doom.

Yeah. I tried the Quad Mod out for a little while and that Venom wasn't quite to my liking. I might add the Venom skin from there to this one since it resembles the Venom from the movie Spider-Man 3.

Quote from: ramen on July 25, 2007, 09:51PM
nice mod! Hope no one hate me for this but why does everyone like venom so much? Beside how he looks, he pretty much some bullsh!t bully with a a fu(k up slubber looking outfit that cam from the sky.

I've just liked Venom since when I was younger and picked up a couple self-titled comic books and found interest in him. I think it's probably just that he looks like something from a cheesy horror movie though with the added bonus of having all of Spider-Man's powers and more. Heh

But.. So far after play-testing Venom's skills/powers I've noticed that you get stuck using Symbiote Flail after everyone's dead from button bashing. It'd be nice if you could somehow add a cooldown effect to it to prevent that. Also Venom Heave doesn't appear to do any damage if it hits an opponent that can't normally be grabbed. I'm not sure if that was intended but I'm just saying so since Spider-Man's still does damage. Should be easy to fix by comparing scripts though.
Still a very awesome character and I'm liking his powers. The Xtreme looks wicked.

You are the first person I know/meet who likes the Venom from Spider-man 3 more than the comic version(s) of Venom.... hehe

Skins renumbered to 200 by cvc to make it faster (thank you again!).

Quote from: Norrin Radd on July 25, 2007, 03:22PMalso, just to let you know, you put the sounds folder in the data folder
Thanks, fixed that as well. I hope there aren't any bugs left.

:venom:FILES REUPLOADED! :venom:
You may freely use and modify my work as long as you give me proper credit - there's no need to ask for my permission.

I didn't like a few things they left out in the movie.. Like Venom not refering to himself as more than one person. Or his high pitched whine as Venom.. I guess it makes more sense that he isn't hugely muscular when he transforms unlike in the Ultimate comics but it's different seeing him all scrawny. The original Venom would probably pound the movie one into the ground.

But yeah.. I'm just going to use the movie skin to replace one of the less better looking skins. Probably the Marvel VS Capcom one only because the shade of blue is too bright.

July 26, 2007, 12:40PM #34 Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 12:43PM by ramen
Hehe funny! The period Venom rules! And thax for shuting me up!

thumbs up!!!!!   :rockon:

Now I can play with Magneto, Venom, Sunfire, Nightcrawler, Punisher, Hawkeye... guys what you've done and still are doing is amazing.

Great work!

Quote from: ramen on July 26, 2007, 12:40PMHehe funny! The period Venom rules! And thax for shuting me up!
It's ok for you to dislike Venom. Just to let you know, you wouldn't have been treated this way if you had only behaved a little more politely, so at least don't blame us for pointing that out!
You may freely use and modify my work as long as you give me proper credit - there's no need to ask for my permission.

No I'm glad you did cause venom is one of my favorite marvel character and it's great to see fans who know who this venom guy is. :)

August 02, 2007, 06:27PM #39 Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 07:49PM by Teancum
@ Dark_Mark -- Do you think you can release an alternate version of the mannequin that's rotated about 70 degrees counter-clockwise?  I'm trying to fit him into a few places where he's turned to far to the right.

*EDIT* -- and can you post a UV map of Venom so we can get an idea on how to skin him?  I couldn't really tell from the textures.

August 06, 2007, 09:15AM #40 Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 09:19AM by Dark_Mark
Models updated! The major difference is that they are now lit properly, have the DLC number 176 and a few sounds. If any of you wish to use the old mod, just replace it's models with the ones from the new archive and rename them. Let me know if you encounter any problems.

Quote from: Teancum on August 02, 2007, 06:27PMcan you post a UV map of Venom so we can get an idea on how to skin him?  I couldn't really tell from the textures.
Here you go, the same image I've sent to iammingy:

MVC Texture Reference

Quote from: Teancum on August 02, 2007, 06:27PM@ Dark_Mark -- Do you think you can release an alternate version of the mannequin that's rotated about 70 degrees counter-clockwise?  I'm trying to fit him into a few places where he's turned to far to the right.
I might have already fixed it, but I'm not 100% sure. Try replacing Deadpool with Venom as I did.

Awesome Job man :bowdown:. Thanks a lot for all the hard work.

Just one question though, are there any sounds with him. The only sound i get is when he jumps. If not, is there any way to get more sounds in there? Like ripping it from the cartoon show or maybe from another game like ultimate spiderman, etc.? Just a thought.

Quote from: Dark_Mark on August 06, 2007, 09:15AM
Quote from: Teancum on August 02, 2007, 06:27PM@ Dark_Mark -- Do you think you can release an alternate version of the mannequin that's rotated about 70 degrees counter-clockwise?  I'm trying to fit him into a few places where he's turned to far to the right.
I might have already fixed it, but I'm not 100% sure. Try replacing Deadpool with Venom as I did.

Yeah, but each mannequin slot (particularly the DLC slots) are rotated differently.  That's why I'm having trouble, one of the actual new slots is rotated too far to the right, making Venom turned too far to the right.  You don't have to package it up or anything, it's just for my use.

BTW, thanks much for the UV map.  That's going to make life tons easier.

Quote from: Teancum on August 02, 2007, 06:27PM@ Dark_Mark -- Do you think you can release an alternate version of the mannequin that's rotated about 70 degrees counter-clockwise?
Here you go, sorry for making you wait:
http://www.uploading.com/files/HLFL5ZF4/Venom_Mannequin_rotated.zip.html

August 11, 2007, 08:29PM #44 Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 09:48PM by boreman
Has anybody told you that the bolton\models folder (where all the venom_claw files are) is empty in the 1.5 ZIP?
(already took them from the 1.1, just to let you know)

And for some reason the grabsmash crashes the game.