Venom mod version 1.2 (Z) (added tail for Thunderbolts)

Started by Dark_Mark, July 25, 2007, 01:34PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: boreman on August 11, 2007, 08:29PM
Has anybody told you that the bolton\models folder (where all the venom_claw files are) is empty in the 1.5 ZIP?
(already took them from the 1.1, just to let you know)

And for some reason the grabsmash crashes the game.

not only the grabsmash, but the 3rd power as well crash my game so not too sure whether i nvr install properly but don't think so since other of venom powers work.

Quote from: boreman on August 11, 2007, 08:29PM
Has anybody told you that the bolton\models folder (where all the venom_claw files are) is empty in the 1.5 ZIP?
(already took them from the 1.1, just to let you know)
And for some reason the grabsmash crashes the game.
The bolton folder is empty for a reason. The game crashes because you used incompatible boltons, which ended up in version 1.0 by mistake. In the future I may get round to fixing this problem, but it is low on my priority list.
You may freely use and modify my work as long as you give me proper credit - there's no need to ask for my permission.

Thanks, meanwhile I copied the grabsmash coding from the v1.0 and now it doesn't crash. Haven't tried power 3 yet, I think.

August 13, 2007, 05:45PM #48 Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 02:02PM by Bane1
Does anyone have conflicts between this and the Sunfire mod. I just loaded the Sunfire mod recently and his model shows up for himself and Venom though the model acts like Venom  when you pick Venom and Sunfire when you pick Sunfire. His mannequin shows up for him, model skins you name it. Haven't tried powers yet. I know at one time these mods used the same slot(217xx) but not anymore. I know Venom uses 176xx. Initially I forgot to change the old Venom herostat file which reference 217 and once I fixed that I thought my problems were gone but I still have them even after starting a new game. Any ideas what is causing this?

Edit: Found I had old Venom files in my folders but I still could not get it to work. Still had the Sunfire model in Venoms place. Removed all Sunfire files not I have no model in Venoms place though there is a 176 file in my mannequin folder. This is driving me crazy. Not blaming anyone just wish I knew what was going on. Of course before Sunfire everything worked but I deleted all Sunfire files and I still can't get it to work. But I think my herostat pointed to the 217 file not 176.

Edit: Ok I found everything I did wrong. Forgot to get rid of some files and did not edit herostat correctly. Left skin one looking for a 217 file where it should have been 176. Thanks for this great mod.

hi!

I updated from a previous version of this mod and now whenever I try to grab someone with venom the game crashes.  :wtflol:

I don't know if it's a problem with the mod or if it's a problem with how I updated from the previous version though.

I did a stepwise installation of the mod, as always. I will restore the previous version and then see if the crash continues.

Cheers!

Seems it's the version 1.5 powerstyle, I changed the power entries for the grabsmash and power 3, I think, to those on the 1.1 version to keep it from crashing.

Quote from: boreman on August 17, 2007, 05:10PMSeems it's the version 1.5 powerstyle, I changed the power entries for the grabsmash and power 3, I think, to those on the 1.1 version to keep it from crashing.
Thanks for the precise info, it should be fixed now. I encourage everyone to download :)
Also, could someone lend me a hand in finding appropriate sounds for Venom's powers? For now I redirected his audio file name to Juggernaut's, however the actual sound names are mostly different, and I don't have the time to find, match and readjust all of them manually. Even posting a list of Juggy's sounds with descriptions would be very helpful.
You may freely use and modify my work as long as you give me proper credit - there's no need to ask for my permission.

August 18, 2007, 08:51PM #52 Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 09:32PM by Norrin Radd
is anyone else having problems downloading from the new links? i can download the old ones still but i cant download from either of the new links (i can enter the code, then click download, but then it craps out)

edit:
nevermind, i finally got it to work

When I try to activate Venom's claw power the game crashes. Is there a way to fix this?

Ran into the same problem today, didn't find anything unusual but haven't compared yet with v1.1. Any idea of what changes might be making trouble, Dark_Mark?

Quote from: Singlemalt on August 19, 2007, 02:01PM
When I try to activate Venom's claw power the game crashes. Is there a way to fix this?
In the latest version (1.51) all of Venom's moves work like they should on my machine. All I can suggest is that you remove all traces of previous versions, with emphasis on deleting all venom claws from your game bolton folder.

thank you you are my hero i allays dreamed this type of venom
My deviant art page!!!
$$$ http://sabrerine911.deviantart.com/ $$$

And his Magneto mod's also pretty cool.

i can't download from the new links...
could u reup them...

Try again, seems to be working fine now.