Venom mod version 1.2 (Z) (added tail for Thunderbolts)

Started by Dark_Mark, July 25, 2007, 01:34PM

Previous topic - Next topic
That's because venom's voice/sounds was not included in the mod (it can't be converted from XBOX360).

Ah... McFarlane Venom w/o tongue. I want it, too. :D

I know it cannot be converted... but what about it? I'm not crazy and I sometimes hear Venom saying "Yeah, yeah..." "Whatever.."

:patty:

I love that McChicken ooops Farlane Venom it's a classic. Small teeth, almost normal tongue, darker colour.

- Also another minor issue: I cannot see the symbiote now when I use the throwing power.

EDIT and I could see that before, it's even shown in my youtube video in the 'An article of marvel mods' thread

Quote from: parrastaka on October 22, 2007, 03:24PM
I know it cannot be converted... but what about it? I'm not crazy and I sometimes hear Venom saying "Yeah, yeah..." "Whatever.."

:patty:

I love that McChicken ooops Farlane Venom it's a classic. Small teeth, almost normal tongue, darker colour.

Dark Mark used Juggernaut's voice.... :beer:

Quote- Also another minor issue: I cannot see the symbiote now when I use the throwing power.

I have never been able to see this since the first day I tried the alpha version.... :( :( :(

EDIT: So, you could see it before?
EDIT2: :rofl: I wasn't paying attention to that part because I was obbessed with other mods shown in the vid...

Quote from: parrastaka on October 22, 2007, 02:56PMand say thank you to your brother!
Already did that :D
- I seem to have problem with sounds, I cannot hear Venom's websling or his voice. The voice sometimes comes up some others he's just quiet.
I'm afraid that there is not much I can do about this. As we don't have proper sounds for Venom, I used some of XML2 Juggernout's in their place. Or rather WE used them (me + my brother) :venom: .
QuoteI would like to see a more black-ish first skin ala Venom's first appearances, a darker blue, sea blue if you know what I mean...
Thanks, I'll try it later. Nevertheless, the darker the texture, the more detail it loses ingame, that's why I had increased its lightness a little bit.
Quote from: parrastaka on October 22, 2007, 03:24PM
- Also another minor issue: I cannot see the symbiote now when I use the throwing power.
EDIT and I could see that before, it's even shown in my youtube video in the 'An article of marvel mods' thread
What was the last version you saw it in? Last time I checked, it was working as it should :nervous:
You may freely use and modify my work as long as you give me proper credit - there's no need to ask for my permission.

Is this what you guys aren't seeing?

Probably a missing texture, or an inadvertently mislabeled effect in the ps file (I never used the ps from this mod, so I wouldn't know)

I think Venom Thrust is ok for both of us... It's Venom Heave and Venom Swing for me... They are missing a tendril. I haven't been able to see it even before Dark Mark release the Venom models... lol

That is Venom Heave :) And this is what Venom Swing looks like for me:

Okay, here goes:
Quote from: parrastaka on October 22, 2007, 11:09PM
neither can I!

(I could in the 1.01 version)
Thanks for checking. This proves that the problem is on your side, as powers and effect files haven't changed since.
I have triple checked all of my files and can assure you that the problem is not with my mod. Are you sure that you have installed the latest version correctly? (eg. overwritten all old files, updated herostat, etc?)
Quote from: iammingy on October 22, 2007, 08:52PM
I think Venom Thrust is ok for both of us... It's Venom Heave and Venom Swing for me... They are missing a tendril. I haven't been able to see it even before Dark Mark release the Venom models... lol
This further proves that the problem is on your side. However, I have just spent a couple of hours checking powerstyles, packages, talent files etc. and I've made sure that all necessary effects and textures are in my mod. If you reinstall it from scratch, everything should work for you. :)
By the way, the picture you posted isn't even from my mod...
You may freely use and modify my work as long as you give me proper credit - there's no need to ask for my permission.

Quote from: Dark_Mark on October 23, 2007, 08:01AM
This further proves that the problem is on your side. However, I have just spent a couple of hours checking powerstyles, packages, talent files etc. and I've made sure that all necessary effects and textures are in my mod. If you reinstall it from scratch, everything should work for you. :)
By the way, the picture you posted isn't even from my mod...

I (We) am (are) not blaming you. ;)

That's the alpha version; that's not your version of course.... That was just the same pic for the alpha version that I posted in the "other" thread if you care to look for it... Like I said,

QuoteI have never been able to see this since the first day I tried the alpha version.... :( :( :(

Quote from: iammingy on October 23, 2007, 09:00AM
I (We) am (are) not blaming you. ;)

That's the alpha version; that's not your version of course.... That was just the same pic for the alpha version that I posted in the "other" thread if you care to look for it... Like I said,

QuoteI have never been able to see this since the first day I tried the alpha version.... :( :( :(
No problem. I just got a little confused with all the pictures :)
Anyway, I am pretty sure that a full reinstall of my mod from the latest version should fix all your problems :)

Actually, I have been installing every update of your mods... but it still doesn't fix it. :( However, you can call me your fan now... lol

I can't make it work. I will try to uninstall this version and reinstall old 1.01 version which worked for me and I'll let you know.

Also, has anyone noticed the lack of sound for the normal websling (double jump and hold)?

Cheers!

Quote from: parrastaka on October 23, 2007, 02:14PM
I can't make it work. I will try to uninstall this version and reinstall old 1.01 version which worked for me and I'll let you know.

Also, has anyone noticed the lack of sound for the normal websling (double jump and hold)?

Cheers!

I thought I told you yesterday....  :laugh:
Look at this code:

Quotetrigger {
      name = sound ;
      pitch_range = 200 ;
      sound = char/venom_m/symbiote_swing ;
      time = 0.32 ;
      }