Venom mod version 1.2 (Z) (added tail for Thunderbolts)

Started by Dark_Mark, July 25, 2007, 01:34PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm new to modding Ultimate Alliance for the PC and just wanted to first say great work on Venom. One question though. Venom's first power Venom Thrust says that "it passes through multiple enemies damaging each one" but when I use it, it only affects one enemy. Is this a bug? I thought it would work like Daredevil's Extensive strike. Is there a way to mod it to be like that? Sorry if this is a repost.

First off, thank you so much for this great mod. i reinstalled the game just to play as venom (one of my fave characters :) ) :venom:

quick comment / question: its cool that you eventually got custom voice work for it... but what is everyone's take on them? personally i find the voices just not right. not sure why...but they just don't seem to get his personality down

i have the means to record my own version but i wanted to see if there was any other interest in the idea and what style would fit best

I dunno, for me all of Venom's 'modern' voices out there today just sound terrible, particularly those in the 360 version of MUA.  A lot of us remember and love the old Playstation 1 Spider-Man game and loved Venom in it, so that's what we used.

hmm. compared to the MUA 360 voices i see why you went for the ones they used, Teancum. They always use the voices to try and make him "scary" but it sounds so forced and overkill.

To me, his dialog has always been a little like deadpool's... constantly chattering and definitely unhinged. But definitely not in a hulk after a 2nd puberty type voice. His dialog during his best days (pre-cancer, pre-mac) was always funny to me....even though eddie unfortunately spent too much time with a mullet.

Seems like a flaw for many characters that... mullets of death ;)

Almost as bad as Storms Mohawk, lmao!

I've downloaded your mod and installed it using heroselect but when I start playing venom don't attack ?
what should I do?

Quote from: Super Captain America on August 21, 2008, 04:30AM
what should I do?
You should try the method I stated in the readme.txt file. Hope you have good luck this time.
You may freely use and modify my work as long as you give me proper credit - there's no need to ask for my permission.

First of all thx for so much great work in implementing venom into pc version of MUa, man u done the fantastic job.
And now lets get to the point.
Firstly will u work more on your model ? I think the bulky model need little work, i mean imho the hands of it are.. too big, if u could reduce their size it would be great [but thats just my opinion]
And secondly... can u make a alternate skin for the Clasic/MarvelKnights venom model with thunderbolts design ?
Marvel knights venom is not the pure thunderbolts one [gargan], i would love to see on the "thin" venom model the thunderbolts skin that was used for the "thunderbolts" otfit on bulk one.
Keep up so great work, once more congrats man.

OLD/NEW version comparison! :)

:venom: Head to the first page for more images and download links!  :venom:
You may freely use and modify my work as long as you give me proper credit - there's no need to ask for my permission.

Oh Joy!!!!!

You make such fantastic mods, DM!!!! Can't wait to try it out!!

Just a question though. Is the bug where the game gets stuck in the Mysterio boss fight(when you have Venom in the team) fixed?
CosmoChakra's mods !

Skins of HULK,PUNISHER,LUKE CAGE so far!!!

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3114.0

I cannot reproduce this bug (conversation works fine), so I don't know how to fix it. Try installing my Magneto mod (it has all the conversations in it) and see if it helps.