Bext and Worst X-MEN costumes!!!

Started by P.Frost, September 13, 2012, 03:29AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I know superhero costumes in general are really ugly when u picture them in real life, and some characters maybe even those we like the most may not be that great so I wanna know who are top 5 best dressed X-MEN ( judging by costumes only ) and top 5 worst and also top 5 fave costumes and top 5 worst xD here are mine
(Not necessary in order)

The Best:
#1 Psylocke - althou her costumes are simple and revealing they do her justice and thus shes one of my fave "fashion" Superheroine xD

#2 Rogue - Her costumes almost always amazing not anyone ( even comic book characters ) can pull out Green and Yellow that easy xD

#3 Emma Frost - Althou I think she needs more color and she should hide herself a bit more some of her costumes are simply just right...

#4 Sage - There is only 1 costume of her that I "dont" like xD

#5 I really dont know who to put here so I guess Iceman since he had several really nice costumes xD

THE WORST!!!

#1 JEAN GREY! She was a model? Really? She designed her own costume? Well shes blind I love her so much but besides her Phoenix costumes and her other realities costumes she sux big time Almost all of her costumes are either 2 bright or 2 darn boring xD

#2 Cyclops - ok I know I have a huge fictional crush on him and 1 of his costumes is my fave but like Jean he sux big time 2

#3 Scarlet Witch - Her costumes are great if u ask me just the fact that every costume of her is almost the same that kinda gets boring...

#3 Polaris - Well this girl seriously needs a mirror her Modern costume is perfect her older ones O_O *grabs puke can*

#4 Storm - I do love many of her costumes but some of her costumes are to dumb to forget...

#5 Stepford Cuckoos - Ur Emma's clones? Really?

Now best individual costumes

Worst
#1 And many more of her that couldnt fit on the list
#2 Again many more of him 2
#3 same as above xD
#5 And all other New X-MEN uniforms Except Emma's its not great but it can pass....

Haha we have quite different tastes.

Jean's only designed her Marvel Girl costume (which you've said to be her best individual one.) The first X-Factor/X-Teriminator one is just ugly but I really liked the red/yellow one. Also her blue/yellow one (right before Jim Lee's version) is one of her more under-appreciated costumes imo. Also the Revolution is one of my favs! (you posted it as one of the worst XD). I've always loved the New X-Men costumes except for Emma's which just made her look like the X-Men's resident prostitute.

I've never had a problem with Cyclops, Storm, Polaris, or Scarlet Witch. The Cuckoos don't really wear costumes for me to judge.

Psylocke's I'm quite fond of but I'm never been too big a fan of Rogue's costumes. She's had quite a lot but I only really like her more iconic ones (90s, X-Treme, Legacy, Original, etc.). As for Emma Frost, I've only ever liked her Astonishing X-Men costumes. The others ones are too slutty or trashy for my taste.

September 13, 2012, 02:42PM #2 Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 02:59PM by midnightphoenix123
I actually love what Jean wears most of the time.

The Worst of Jean:

The Best of Jean:

To name a few :D All found at this awesome site that has micros of any marvel character you can imagine, and there are a-lot! http://marvel-microheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Jean_Grey

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Quote from: MarvelFan12345 on September 13, 2012, 01:22PM

Jean's only designed her Marvel Girl costume (which you've said to be her best individual one.) The first X-Factor/X-Teriminator one is just ugly but I really liked the red/yellow one. Also her blue/yellow one (right before Jim Lee's version) is one of her more under-appreciated costumes imo. Also the Revolution is one of my favs! (you posted it as one of the worst XD). I've always loved the New X-Men costumes except for Emma's which just made her look like the X-Men's resident prostitute.

I've never had a problem with Cyclops, Storm, Polaris, or Scarlet Witch. The Cuckoos don't really wear costumes for me to judge.

Psylocke's I'm quite fond of but I'm never been too big a fan of Rogue's costumes. She's had quite a lot but I only really like her more iconic ones (90s, X-Treme, Legacy, Original, etc.). As for Emma Frost, I've only ever liked her Astonishing X-Men costumes. The others ones are too slutty or trashy for my taste.
Ahaha Its true that Emma is slutty xD but she can pull it off somehow xD and not look cheap.
Yea we do have different tastes xD but thats the whole point of this topic : D

Quote from: midnightphoenix123 on September 13, 2012, 02:42PM

The Worst of Jean:

The Best of Jean:

To name a few :D All found at this awesome site that has micros of any marvel character you can imagine, and there are a-lot! http://marvel-microheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Jean_Grey

Y u no like Jean AoA? T_T Ima cries its one of the best xD jk I love all Short Haired Jean versions idk it just suits her O_O especially her 1st ultimate I even have it cut out and in one album xD I love ultimate costumes all of em xD and the x men forver I think thats how is called Costume is one of the costumes that really suprised me xD cuz its actually good and Jean wears it xD

Quote from: MarvelFan12345 on September 13, 2012, 01:22PM

Oh yea also forgot the add, I have read somewhere that Jean actually did design a lot of her own costumes including several other x-men (once a whole team) xD And Cuckoos did wore costumes couple of times and they where just plain boring xD

Quote from: P.Frost on September 14, 2012, 08:09AM
Oh yea also forgot the add, I have read somewhere that Jean actually did design a lot of her own costumes including several other x-men (once a whole team) xD And Cuckoos did wore costumes couple of times and they where just plain boring xD

She only designed the 2nd training/costumes for the 05 which hardly counts as she just changed the color of the belts with some other variations. The only other set of costumes was their first individual costumes...the team looked great imo except for Angel who's costume was just horrific. I have no idea what Jean was thinking about that XD. The only other costume designed by Jean was Rachel's Marvel Girl costume (it was meant for Jean but she never got the chance to wear it.)

Quote from: midnightphoenix123 on September 13, 2012, 02:42PM

The Worst of Jean:

The Best of Jean:

Agree with most of this although I despise her Mutant X costume and I love her fourth costume (3rd X-Factor ) and the last one (X-Factor Forever).

See I don't really like Jean with short hair, It just depends I don't hate it it's just not my fav. I really like Jean's ultimate costume from XML2.

@Blaw totally agree all 90's costumes were awesome!

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

90's (Jim Lee's), X-Treme X-Men and the current costumes I think are the best. I liked em all though, but those were my favs.

Quote from: midnightphoenix123 on September 14, 2012, 02:28PM
See I don't really like Jean with short hair, It just depends I don't hate it it's just not my fav. I really like Jean's ultimate costume from XML2.

@Blaw totally agree all 90's costumes were awesome!

Yea I can see that xD I love short haired girls xD and the Ultimate incarnation of Jean is my fave incarnation of her, cuz its basically me with boobs and mental powers xD And when I 1st played XML2 I always used her AoA costume ever since I unlocked xD idk u must admit out of all female short haired superheroes Jean looks the best with it xD

Quote from: MarvelFan12345 on September 14, 2012, 01:30PM
She only designed the 2nd training/costumes for the 05 which hardly counts as she just changed the color of the belts with some other variations. The only other set of costumes was their first individual costumes...the team looked great imo except for Angel who's costume was just horrific. I have no idea what Jean was thinking about that XD. The only other costume designed by Jean was Rachel's Marvel Girl costume (it was meant for Jean but she never got the chance to wear it.)

Yea but I am quite sure she did design some others as well, since as I said earlier read somewhere that she was like X-MEN's  Designer xD And yea the whole teams individual costumes which was ok for the time but I really love her Marvel one. Also can u show me a pic of which Rachels outfit she designed cuz idk a lot about Rachel, and from what I saw of her pix she has some good costumes xD.

Angel in general has crappy outfits but he and Jean are u must admit be the hardest ones to dress since they are suppose to reflect their personality and powers, also Jeans codename is hard to find (before Phoenix) that sounds good but idk y Emma doesn't have a codename nowdays? That a bit irritates me since everyone else has one besides her...

Quote from: Scabbia on September 14, 2012, 02:43PM
90's (Jim Lee's), X-Treme X-Men and the current costumes I think are the best. I liked em all though, but those were my favs.
Althou 90's are icnoic they are for me somewhat the worst and the best xD The best at representing the characters the worst when it comes to fashion xD but it was 90's so its all forgiven xDD

Yea X-Treme costumes where awesome especially Rogue but I didnt dig the Sage thou that outfit just made her look wide in shoulders and I personally didnt like that but Its a nice step up from regual costumes that other teams had I must be honest on that one xD

And Current costumes are pretty awesome 2 again I like Rogue's one the best and Cyclops xD I like the the fact Rogue reveals her skin more now since she is in control of her powers now : D if u ask me she should go naked to catch up on what she lost xD

Quote from: P.Frost on September 15, 2012, 04:43AM

Yea but I am quite sure she did design some others as well, since as I said earlier read somewhere that she was like X-MEN's  Designer xD And yea the whole teams individual costumes which was ok for the time but I really love her Marvel one. Also can u show me a pic of which Rachels outfit she designed cuz idk a lot about Rachel, and from what I saw of her pix she has some good costumes xD.

Angel in general has crappy outfits but he and Jean are u must admit be the hardest ones to dress since they are suppose to reflect their personality and powers, also Jeans codename is hard to find (before Phoenix) that sounds good but idk y Emma doesn't have a codename nowdays? That a bit irritates me since everyone else has one besides her...

This is Rachel's costume that Jean was supposed to wear but never got the chance to.

It wasn't really Rachel's style but she took it to honor her mother (along with the codename of Marvel Girl although it looks like Jean may be taking that back now. Rachel is better of as Revenant imo.)
I'm not sure what you read, but believe me as a Jean fan I know that she has only ever designed costumes for the 05 ;) I think you misread and assumed that she has designed costumes for different eras of X-Men. She's never been known as team designer except in the early 1960s. And I can't think of any other universe like the Ultimate or AoA one where she might have been credited for that.
I agree about Angel's costumes. His classic blue/white one is my fav for him and of course the Archangel costumes. I don't think Jean is that hard to create costumes for at least not the Phoenix version because she gets her own superhero symbol then (like Wolverine's claws or Superman's emblem).

Well it could be since it was quite a few years since I read that I must be honest xD I used to be a huge Jean fan still am at some point but all her dying and same potrail and some things releted to her and Cyclops made me be a sick of her xD and Ima go hipster now I loved her before I knew she was a Phoenix and then X3 came out and ppl went crazy so ppl made me sick of her 2 xD now days I love/hate her depends on my mood xD But I think out of all X-MEN I was most obssesed with Storm xD but anyway back on topic xD Yea shes easy to dress as phoenix but hard as just Jean. But I absolutly love what they did in AoA and whole utlimate, althou I like when costumes are covering and look natural and comftable yet cool its amazing : D We should totally pick a character and select from the given character our best and worst costumes with reasons y xD What do u think?

Quote from: P.Frost on September 15, 2012, 04:48AM
Althou 90's are icnoic they are for me somewhat the worst and the best xD The best at representing the characters the worst when it comes to fashion xD but it was 90's so its all forgiven xDD

Yea X-Treme costumes where awesome especially Rogue but I didnt dig the Sage thou that outfit just made her look wide in shoulders and I personally didnt like that but Its a nice step up from regual costumes that other teams had I must be honest on that one xD

And Current costumes are pretty awesome 2 again I like Rogue's one the best and Cyclops xD I like the the fact Rogue reveals her skin more now since she is in control of her powers now : D if u ask me she should go naked to catch up on what she lost xD

I grew up with the 90's outfits, and like you said, it represented them well. (And 90's looks were cool...at the time... lol)

X-Treme X-Men suits stood out for me cause I have a thing about characters with dark leather. To me, it makes someone look more..."bad arse" and more intimidating.

And the only reason I think the current costumes look good, their more thought out and detailed. Most of the X-Men costumes seemed like they couldn't think of much (in my opinion) and now, again, each character has their own uniqueness with their costumes, so again, like in the 90's, they stand out and this time, with more detailed work :)