Wladek's Skin Releases

Started by wladekwagner, October 12, 2012, 11:20PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Ok guys this is the very first attempt I do at making skins.
I decided to go for an  :emmafrost: costume from the Grant Morrison era, which is my favorite (notice the X's on her knees).
And since it's the first time I make an skin and create a topic I apologize for the shitty preview pics, which I compensate by posting as well the maps.
Here it is.
Regular version:

Diamond version:

And a preview of the skins in action (without advanced lightning):

Also, both skins are hex edited to match the whiteking mod, you just have to put them in the actors folder, the skins are 19801 and 19805 for the normal and the diamond, respectively. I Hope you have no problems with them in the game :)
Here they are http://www.mediafire.com/?el49tjap3vidnvn

Any comments and feedback are welcome.
Thanks to Marvintage and Whiteking for the mods and tutorials.

Great job on your first skins!  The diamond version is especially nice.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Ok so the second skin I make is slightly different from the one I just posted (I swear I'll improve, as soon as I discover how to find offsets for different models and skins) in this one I put long sleeves and a a little bit more of fabric. I tried to imitate the early stages of Emma secondary Mutation, when Hank says she's a covered with a thin layer of diamond exo-skeleton.
I dunno if you guys can appreciate the slight tone difference in her hair and skin.
Here are the maps for a better appreciation.
Regular Emma:

Diamond Emma:

Preview pics (with no advanced lightning):

You can get both skins here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?05q9dz9512ql2y8

Also, to avoid any conflicts (because there are so many numbers and such) I hex edited these skins again with 19801 and 19805 for normal and diamond (to match Whiteking's AWESOME mod), if you want another skin numbers, let me know and I surely will hex edit them for you :) (it's way easier than you might think)

Comments will always be appreciated

Great entrance with great looking skins, especially the diamond ones. Keep releasing more!

Ps: finding ps2 offsets aint hard, I suggest skinning such models first.

Nice Emma skins ! Good to know we have another skinner among us ! Might I ask what texture did you use for the diamond form?

Both of these Emma skins look fantastic :)

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Thanks so much everyone!
I'm working on an astonishing Kitty Pryde with a Sif Model, I wonder how I can hide the sword and  that think in her collarbones and also those things in her thighs, here's how it looks actually:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

IS there any way I can get rid off those things?
Maybe erase them from the dds? I'm kinda lost

Sword should be hidable, but all the other parts are built into the skin and can't be removed. Sorry :p

Quote from: DeeDooo on October 13, 2012, 12:39PM
Sword should be hidable, but all the other parts are built into the skin and can't be removed. Sorry :p

How can I hide it? Is it from hex editing? or in the herostat?

Those are some sweet skins, Wladek!

Maybe you could try using the Clea model for Kitty Pryde?
The secret of life is to appreciate the pleasure of being terribly, terribly deceived. (Oscar Wilde)

Quote from: wladekwagner on October 13, 2012, 01:55PM
How can I hide it? Is it from hex editing? or in the herostat?
You'll need to open the skin with a hex editor to find the segments name (try looking for the word segment or sword) then you add a hideskin entry into the herostat (look at Blade or Thor or Deadpool or someone similar to figure out the code.)

Quote from: Pentasaurus on October 13, 2012, 01:57PM
Those are some sweet skins, Wladek!

Maybe you could try using the Clea model for Kitty Pryde?
Last time I checked, the Ps2 Clea model has some sort of strange error in the foot >,< Maybe somebody found the right offsets since then?

Quote from: DeeDooo on October 13, 2012, 01:59PM
Last time I checked, the Ps2 Clea model has some sort of strange error in the foot >,< Maybe somebody found the right offsets since then?

Ah, that sucks.
The secret of life is to appreciate the pleasure of being terribly, terribly deceived. (Oscar Wilde)

October 13, 2012, 02:27PM #14 Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 02:33PM by wladekwagner
OKay I tried, I found the segment is called "sword_segment" and I added the multipart Part in the herostat but the sword is still there.

I dunno if I have to add this

Multipart {
      health = 0 ;
      hideskin = sword_segment ;
      }

or this (the skin the segment is)

Multipart {
      health = 0 ;
      hideskin = 7302_sword_segment ;
      }

or this (the skin I edited originally, corresponding to Sif)

Multipart {
      health = 0 ;
      hideskin = 10301_sword_segment ;
      }

EDIT: to see the changes, Do I need to start a new game? I'm using heroselect, I just added the multipart in the cfg.
Here a little preview, isn't she gorgeous??