Spider-Man Simulator Disc

Started by TIMELORD, October 31, 2012, 05:40PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Does anyone know the best way to complete spider-man's simulator disc.
I find it a lot harder then the rest of them.
Regards
P

I agree!  Spider-Man has one of the toughest missions.  I remember it taking me many tries to get through it, but I can't remember anything specific that helped.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Thanks
Ive tried increasing his power but you still have to go through having that weight dropped on Dum Dum Dugan's head.
I even tried slowing time when it happens.
Its even worse on pc becouse the keys are further apart.

To defeat this challenge you must do these two things:
1. Keep your Slow Time on.
2. Use Web Throw to pull A.I.M. guys away from Dugan before they shoot him.
Other than that you have to press the correct buttons at the right time to keep the stuff from falling on Dugan.
If you are using Spider-Man in the game, do everything you can to level him up so that by the time you get to his mission he has more energy to use and he hits harder.
Using Attuma's Wrath will add 25% more power damage which is good for Web Bullets and Web Throw. That's what I would use on the first round. By the second round you can stack Spider's Bite with Slow Time for added speed which is always good for keeping Dugan alive. Ulik's Fists adds double damage to finishing moves which I have found to be better than Helmet of Titanus which gives + 10 to striking.
Good luck

November 03, 2012, 06:45PM #4 Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 11:25PM by Metallist
Some other useful tips:

-To make sure you get the gold medal, just kill AIM troopers in the infinite respawn room (the one with 6 chambers), so always leave 1 or 2 controlling computers intact (in case you accidentally throw an enemy into one of them)
-Having the arachnid sense power activated is a Must.
-I defeat scorpion this way (I like using spidey, so I've never required an specific item to win, as his stats are strong when I enter the sim mission):

1) First I try to reach the last room with the xtreme power bar fully charged. Then I use bungee bash to incapacitate all the AIM soldiers.
2) After that I use the slow time power up, so I have enough time to kill all the AIM guys/scorpion doesnt hit Dugan with too much strikes
3) When the machine sequence begins, DO NOT activate the slow time power up because it will also slow down Dugan's escape which may result in hurting him
4) The rest of it just involves repeating bungee bash for AIM guys, slow time, kill them all, go for scorpion. If you happen to dont have your xtreme bar full, then his 5th power should do to stop AIM troopers.

btw has anyone found difficult to get gold medal in some of the mephisto's missions? I remember I had to do lots of attempts, memorizing enemies appearances, timing, using powers effectively and even carrying a fire giant's sword into the boss fight :P

Good points Metalist. And yes, getting gold on any of the Mephisto's realm missions is a real pain. I've only done it twice. You have to have the right balance of number of defeated enemies and time left on the clock. I don't know the mix. If you find out please post it/

Here are some useful tips for mephisto's missions (might take some time mastering them all of course)

1) Most of the enemies respawn twice, the exceptions are the fire giants that have no limit of respawn if you go back and forth in the stage and return to the place they appear the first time. I DO NOT recommend increasing your scores by killing multiple giants, because you'll lose precious time

2) Every hero has a very useful power for fast kills (I'll list them in the order they appear in the pc version. Sorry but I don't remember their names)
- :blade: Use his 6th power as much as you can. Fast movement and quick striking is very important to progress in the stage as he lacks of an instant kill attack (except his blood haze xtreme probably)
- :iceman: His 7th power is a must. His freezing aura is quite useful to deal dmg to surrounding enemies while you are fighting another one. Also with that boost you'd like to let the demon leapers to jump into your back as that will kill them instantly :D. As for enemies that are far away or are approaching I like to use the freezing ball attack he launches, while I like the combining both 6th and 7th powers to take out fire giants.
- :strange: His 5th power is awesome to eliminate foes. Converting opponents into crates with an instant kill + heal/energy recovers from destroying the boxes is very useful. If you have trouble keeping him alive, I'd suggest using royal seer attire
- :ghostr: His 5th power also works great vs demon leapers. When you are using that flamethrower whenever a leaper jumps into your back it will also deal an instant kill.

3) Your stronger attacks are performed with the giant's sword. Try to weaken him first so you won't waste sword attacks on him. Also, DO NOT KILL THE GIANT WITH THE SWORD STEALING MANEOUVRE, that would likely trigger a bug and the sword won't work despite being in your hand. Be careful with iceman as his freezing aura may also kill the giant accidentally and the sword stealing won't work. In the case of the 2nd giant, his sword has better use against the boss, so leave him to the last, steal his sword, kill him, go to the boss fight, use one of the temporary boost powers and skip dialogues fast so you can hit him hard from the beginning.

4) From the bridge part onwards, throwing enemies to their deaths is also a great method. Remember Dr. Strange's 2nd power, it makes it easy to throw enemies.

5) The boss fights. Of course the easiest wins come when the boss-doing-nothing glitch occurs (and I remember one time dark spider-Man fell to his death lol). Fire sword attacks will damage Baron Mordo a lot, specially when Dr. Strange is using it (idk why).
The rest is mainly try to deliver easy damage with ranged attacks and keeping your distance when freezing attacks are going to be used. Against Dark Spider-Man just attack as fast you can, I don't think there is another easy way to win with blade.

6) If you still have trouble (which is possible, I remember I needed lots of attempts to improve my movements and power timing) equipping spider bite should help. Also memorizing enemy respawns is useful so you can kill them all in your way towards the boss (except the infinite giants of course)