xmlConverter V1.8 Special Edition RELEASED

Started by Norrin Radd, July 28, 2007, 11:02AM

Previous topic - Next topic
i released a new version (1.8) where you no longer have to specify file type (-nav, ...) and also fixed the problem BliZZ was having with the npcstat (because of the extra '/'s)

enjoy.

Sweet. I bet if you defined a name for each file, rather than the user choosing it, something like "new.filename.filext", it could be run like fbExtractor as an application rather than with a command prompt.

yeah, is that what you want?
i can make a special edition

done, and tested.

the special edition version includes both the V1.8 xmlConverter.exe and includes xmlConverter_SE.exe
xmlConverter_SE.exe is the one that you put in c:\windows and use with double click

edit:
the new file created is called XML2_file.xml2

since you are probably one of the only ones using it, i might as well tailor it to your needs, haha

Yeah, too bad XML1 maps still won't run :banghead:

Tis probably due to the lack of the boyb file in XML1.

even just switching the igbs doesnt work?

edit:
have you loaded any xml2 levels after they were exported with fbextractor? i am wondering if this may be the problem

No. Switching igbs works, but because the boyb file isn't synced with the map (or something, though I should think it is the boyb), the players just fall.

And no, I haven't loaded any fbed XML2 levels, just PS2 ones.

August 05, 2007, 11:51AM #55 Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 12:07PM by Norrin Radd
well at least the levels load, but i guess figuring out this boy(b) is of some importance

edit:
have you loaded a map with water (using script), so they dont fall?

edit:
i just ran stark1 with no boyb file, and it loaded fine, with no falling men or women, so i'm not sure if this boyb file is to blame, although i only did this one test to test this theory.

just tried it out (the special edition one), and once again  :applause: :bowdown1: .  This will make finishing up converting the XML1 NPC/Boss so much easier now (seriously Master Mold has 24 effects, 24 effects conversion i would have had to do by hand)
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

No, I haven't. I'm really too busy on building new packages for ALL of these NPCs (XML1&2) and working on XML2 maps to spend too much time on XML1 maps. I hope someone does figure out the culprit, though. I imagine it'd require comparing EVERY XML1 map file to a similar XML2 or MUA map file. And that'd be a HUGE pain in the ass.

Thanks guys,

@BliZZ, maybe Teancum has some ideas about the falling issues. If i have time i may start comparing the xml1 and xml2 files to see where this difference may lie or change the mua files to get characters to fall