Is Marvel's gone Crapcom like other company?

Started by LarsAlexandersson, December 25, 2012, 05:29PM

Previous topic - Next topic
December 25, 2012, 05:29PM Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 06:59PM by LarsAlexandersson
Example
*Death of:
**Jean Grey
**Bill Fosters
**Ares
**Silver Sable
**Professor X
**Peter Parker (in Doc Ock body)
*Civil War & Avengers vs. X-Men super hero wars
*Didn't shows Rich Rider (Nova before Sam Alex)
*Edge of Time & The Amazing (movie) didn't include on Vita

But Marvel is not the only one gets Crapcomized:
*Atlus' Persona 4 Arena PS3 disc is region-lock on the PS3 machine
*Namco Bandai
**Tekken Director's Katsuhiro Harada due to having a friendship with Capcom's Yoshinori Ono. Now commonly in Tekken Tag 2: Waste of time Ghost Battle to unlock costumes & No New Scenario Campaign in 4-player (Off/Online, Single/Co-Op)
**Soul Calibur V (mostly the characters and stories)
*Some Fairly Oddparents supers episode after Nega Chin's first appearance. The writer, caused this.
*Team Ninja/Tecmo & Sega on Dead or Alive 5
**Didn't put individual voice option per characters. Especially didn't put Virtua Fighter's other voice (English/Japanese)
**Not included Fighting Vipers characters (Sega 2nd license, such as Bahn (1st appeared w/out hat), Tokio, Honey)

Anything else of your opinion?
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html

I would like to understand this, so could you explain to me what this is?

December 25, 2012, 06:56PM #2 Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 02:03AM by LarsAlexandersson
Marvel seems become like Capcom. Such as removing or unannounced some characters they don't want to be in, lame contents, etc..

Anyway, "It was writer's fault." (via Crimson Chin quote)
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html

I don't really think Capcom has removed characters. What like besides Megaman? And just because a character doesn't appear in one game doesn't mean they removed the character. Honestly I don't really understand why people think Capcom sucks so much lol, I think they are great, not saying anyone else doesn't, but all companies are going to lose some characters every now and then.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Indeed. Everyone does this. Nintendo, for example, didn't have a Metroid game on a home console between Super Metroid and Metroid Prime (a gap of 8 to 9 years). It's a case of too much too soon - give some time for new ideas to develop rather than demand the exact same things repeated ad nauseum.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Like Call Of Duty? I have to say, you are right Dihan. Personally, I would prefer a gap of many years between games, instead of having a new game every year, with little to no differences

I agree with both Suigetsu and Dihan.

Like Suigetsu said, all the Call of Duty games are almost the same thing, I would rather have to wait a couple of years for a game to come out then have it come out to soon and be the same thing. And all companies are going to lose some characters every now and then, but just because they don't use them once or twice doesn't mean they are completely forgot about.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

I never liked Call of Duty anyway.

As for the Marvel thing, it bugs me more that they're messing up their characters. Especially Spider-Man; they're killing off Peter Parkers left and right! He's dying in all dimensions, like Arthur Dent in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy book 6, except the main one isn't living either.

But seriously, how many times are they going to kill off poor Peter?

Quote from: Hyperman360 on December 27, 2012, 02:37PM
I never liked Call of Duty anyway.

As for the Marvel thing, it bugs me more that they're messing up their characters. Especially Spider-Man; they're killing off Peter Parkers left and right! He's dying in all dimensions, like Arthur Dent in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy book 6, except the main one isn't living either.

But seriously, how many times are they going to kill off poor Peter?

I never liked Call of Duty either.

And again I agree with you there Marvel does change up a-lot of their characters.

How many times do they have to kill off poor Jean? Haha, No but seriously I hate when characters get killed off or forgot about but it happens. With the whole Capcom thing Resident evil, my favorite gaming franchise, is a pretty good example. Claire hasn't been in a game since Code Veronica, not including the remakes. Sherry had been in a game since Resident Evil 2 but just got put back in, Rebecca Chambers hasn't been in a game since Resident evil zero, or one, same could go for Billy Coens. And among others, but I think if you like a franchise enough missing and some what forgotten characters dont really get to you because you know they will return some time, whether it be now or later.

Quote from: midnightphoenix123 on December 28, 2012, 09:13AM
I never liked Call of Duty either.

And again I agree with you there Marvel does change up a-lot of their characters.

How many times do they have to kill off poor Jean? Haha, No but seriously I hate when characters get killed off or forgot about but it happens. With the whole Capcom thing Resident evil, my favorite gaming franchise, is a pretty good example. Claire hasn't been in a game since Code Veronica, not including the remakes. Sherry had been in a game since Resident Evil 2 but just got put back in, Rebecca Chambers hasn't been in a game since Resident evil zero, or one, same could go for Billy Coens. And among others, but I think if you like a franchise enough missing and some what forgotten characters dont really get to you because you know they will return some time, whether it be now or later.

Point taken. Captain America was never that big of a deal to me, but I did like it when they brought him back. Batman actually is in my favorites list, and I was thrilled when they not only brought him back as himself, but made his actual son Robin.

It's just that Peter's always been my favorite hero, and removing the Peter Parker from Spider-Man to me makes it someone who isn't Spidey at all. Even if the body is the same, the personality should remain somewhat similar (jokester and good guy, not creepy serious guy).

Well, personally, I took it really bad that they killed off the real Peter Parker. I've been a fan of the character ever since I first met him and I always thought, that Peter Parker would be one of those invincible, untouchable characters, who are so popular and all, that they wouldn't hurt him. Well...it seems he wasn't.

I still hope they bring him back from some strange dimensional place, which is created solely for this story. I mean, they took away Deadpool's and Juggernaut's powers before (and I was mad about that too), but now everything is fine.