Adding extraction point to first level

Started by brandonmeek, January 04, 2013, 12:01PM

Previous topic - Next topic
January 04, 2013, 12:01PM Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 02:49PM by brandonmeek
I've been completely irritated whenever I test mods out because i can only choose the first four once....if only there were a place on the heli1 map (the very first map in game, where you fight scorpion) If only there were a place i could change out my team i could test out all my addon's without having to start over again and again.
here it is :) Be sure to make a backup of the original heli1.engb in case you don't like it or can't get it running, syntax is very important to the engb's. I would be wary of doing this unless you are familiar with decompiling, and recompiling files in mua.
HERE is a link to my file http://www.mediafire.com/?44j1uh14uewjr9k
there are two things here, "entinst" i'm not totally sure what this stands for, but i placed that section in same area of heli1engb as other "entinst"'s

entinst {
   type = xtraction_point ;
      inst {
      name = xtraction_point ;
      pos = -1880.12 -187.904 -117.522 ;
      }

}
=================================
this second part i call the "entity" I placed this part in same area as other "entities"

entity {
   actleader = true ;
   actmatchteam = true ;
   actonuse = true ;
   actscript = common/extraction/exp_activate ;
   actsound = common/game/xtraction ;
   acttogglesanim = true ;
   acttogglesloopfx = true ;
   animstarton = false ;
   classname = gameent ;
   description = S.H.I.E.L.D. Access Point ;
   extent = -30 -30 0 30 30 60 ;
   fxlevel = 1 ;
   ignoretelekinesis = true ;
   loopfx = base/misc/extraction_loop ;
   loopfxstarton = false ;
   model = common/extraction_point ;
   name = xtraction_point ;
   nogravity = true ;
   nopickup = true ;
   nopush = true ;
   quickuse = true ;
   resetstate = true ;
   spawnscript = common/extraction/exp_spawn ;
   team = hero ;
   }

These go into the heli1.engb nothing else needs to be done. Now when you start game you will be able to change characters right at the git-go.

Thanks so much for this :) It worked perfectly :P Now when I test stuff I don't have to go through the entire level just to get to an extraction point :D

I think there's a completed save file floating around here that lets you do the same thing. This is a great idea though. Can you post the engb you made as well?

hyperman, i added link on first post but just to make sure.
http://www.mediafire.com/?44j1uh14uewjr9k

Yeah, if you have completed game you can select your first four characters at start, but you can't change them once you select them, this allows you to select your four, start level, come back to starting point and change your team out again. This way you can test your mods without having to get to first save spot everytime you want to change to see other mods working.
anyway, you'll see what i mean.

Glad to see you around again, brandonmeek.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Thanks fox, more to come. The mods I made before worked, but only on my machine. Gonna take me a while, but got some free time so back to the old mua. :)

Quote from: brandonmeek on January 04, 2013, 12:01PM

there are two things here, "entinst" i'm not totally sure what this stands for, but i placed that section in same area of heli1engb as other "entinst"'s

entinst {
   type = xtraction_point ;
      inst {
      name = xtraction_point ;
      pos = -1880.12 -187.904 -117.522 ;
      }

}
=================================
this second part i call the "entity" I placed this part in same area as other "entities"

entity {
   actleader = true ;
   actmatchteam = true ;
   actonuse = true ;
   actscript = common/extraction/exp_activate ;
   actsound = common/game/xtraction ;
   acttogglesanim = true ;
   acttogglesloopfx = true ;
   animstarton = false ;
   classname = gameent ;
   description = S.H.I.E.L.D. Access Point ;
   extent = -30 -30 0 30 30 60 ;
   fxlevel = 1 ;
   ignoretelekinesis = true ;
   loopfx = base/misc/extraction_loop ;
   loopfxstarton = false ;
   model = common/extraction_point ;
   name = xtraction_point ;
   nogravity = true ;
   nopickup = true ;
   nopush = true ;
   quickuse = true ;
   resetstate = true ;
   spawnscript = common/extraction/exp_spawn ;
   team = hero ;
   }

These go into the heli1.engb nothing else needs to be done. Now when you start game you will be able to change characters right at the git-go.

So is this already included in the linked file? I would just have to replace the engb and start up?

Ro.  :storm:

"Stand Up for what is right, even if you stand alone."

Yes, you can just replace the file with the file i provided, or if you don't trust my file, add the code yourself.

January 05, 2013, 11:25AM #9 Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 11:27AM by RoMunroe
Whoah Whoah, no one said anything about not trusting your file....since I'm no expert, i thought it prudent to ask before I go ahead and mess up my game again;  before I do something wrong.

But thank you for it, this will simplify alot.

Ro. :storm:

If you dont mind me asking where exactly is this extraction point? At the very start? Thanks in advance :D
Wasp:   
You've been married to Black Bolt for a long time.

Medusa:   
Almost my entire adult life.

Wasp:   
What's your secret?

Medusa:   
Communication.

Wasp:   
He's MUTE.

Medusa:
Yes. And I can't overstress what an aid that is in settling our occasional disagreements.

The extraction point is at the very spot your characters are standing when you start the game.

Quote from: Hyperman360 on January 07, 2013, 11:35AM
The extraction point is at the very spot your characters are standing when you start the game.
Thanks for that info, does the heli1.engb replace the previous first extraction point?
Wasp:   

Medusa:   

Wasp:   
What's your secret?

Medusa:   
Communication.

Wasp:   
He's MUTE.

Medusa:
Yes. And I can't overstress what an aid that is in settling our occasional disagreements.

Quote from: Aragogo on January 07, 2013, 12:17PM
Thanks for that info, does the heli1.engb replace the previous first extraction point?

you know where your start out with your four starter toons? thats where the extraction will be, right in the middle of your team :)

Oh thanks ^^
Wasp:   

Medusa:   

Wasp:   
What's your secret?

Medusa:   
Communication.

Wasp:   
He's MUTE.

Medusa: