LEGO Marvel Super Heroes/ LEGO Marvel Avengers

Started by Midnightphoenix, January 08, 2013, 10:38AM

Previous topic - Next topic
January 08, 2013, 10:38AM Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 09:16AM by Midnightphoenix
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/08/lego-marvel-super-heroes-announced << Info
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=P8c-9pM7VPA << Video

So LEGO Marvel Super Heroes has been announced, and I know I couldn't be more excited. I am a huge fan of the LEGO games and have always wanted them to make a Marvel one.

The game is said to 'complement' the LEGO Marvel Super Heroes toy range, which combines characters and vehicles from the rich Marvel universe. So far they have released eight sets, featuring Iron Man, Spider-Man, and the X-Men. The game will have an original storyline with Nick Fury enlisting the help of Iron man, the Hulk, Thor, Spider-Man, Wolverine and other heroes from across the Marvel Universe – you guessed it – to save Earth from Loki and Galactus, the Devourer of Worlds.

"We're very excited to bring a myriad of classic Marvel characters to life in LEGO form for some fun, family-friendly gameplay in LEGO Marvel Super Heroes," said Tom Stone, TT Games' Managing Director. "Players will brave the ultimate mission to save the world as they explore famous landmarks in LEGO New York and take the adventure beyond Earth to iconic locations in the Marvel Universe."

"Fans of both LEGO and Marvel have wanted this game for years, and we're addressing that demand with more Marvel Universe characters than ever in a console game," said TQ Jefferson, Vice President, Games Production, Marvel Entertainment.  "If you're a fan of Spider-Man, the Avengers, Fantastic Four, X-Men, Guardians of the Galaxy or scores of other Marvel characters, this is the game for you."

There will be over 100 characters to unlock, including Captain America, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Deadpool, Loki and even Galactus. Expect the trademark gameplay of fun action, puzzle-solving, and of course endless collectibles.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes will be available on Xbox 360, PS3, PC, PlayStation Vita, Wii U, and Nintendo 3DS and DS this autumn.

So far it looks as though these characters will be included: (Just off of pictures and Video)
Nick Fury
Galactus
Thor
Captain America
Iron Man
Spiderman
Wolverine
Deadpool
Black Widow
Hulk
Loki
Hawkeye
Magneto

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Ironman's head looks sorta big, and black widow doesn't have orange hair -_- but other then that, it looks pretty sweet, Hulk looks awesome

On an off-topic note, the related videos showed a trailer for Pokemon X and Y, dang, that looks awesome
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

Quote from: Polygone on January 08, 2013, 11:52AM
Ironman's head looks sorta big, and black widow doesn't have orange hair -_- but other then that, it looks pretty sweet, Hulk looks awesome

On an off-topic note, the related videos showed a trailer for Pokemon X and Y, dang, that looks awesome

I agree that's one of the things I hate about all the Iron Man lego stuff is that his head is always huge on his body.

I'm not really a big Pokemon fan at all, I watched it when it was the original series and did alittle with it here and there but thats about it. I kind of hate all the game titles they seem very unoriginal although I'm sure they have something to do with the game itself, it just bugs me how its like Gold and Silver, Black and White, X and Y. And they always seem a bit the same to me. But of course I have never really played any of them except the old gameboy ones so I probably have no idea what I'm talking about haha.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

I'm kind of excited because I knew they were going to do this since dc did ! So now I have a new game for my 3DS (I don't have many :p)

Quote from: Me on January 08, 2013, 12:02PM
I'm kind of excited because I knew they were going to do this since dc did ! So now I have a new game for my 3DS (I don't have many :p)

Neither do I have 3 games for my 3DS. I have been waiting for them to do this since the first lego star wars came out, but I thought that some other company owned marvel for lego type toys or at least some of the marvel heroes and that's why they couldn't do it, but I really have no idea.

What a day! There are always great news and news about something, that makes you say, "Oh, man, enough!".

This one is great news, because I've been dreaming about this since Lego Star Wars (BTW, based on the picture, everyone who was in the Avengers movie will have their looks based on that, while others feel like the comic book version. Screw logic).

What's the news that bothers me and makes me wanna cry in a corner. Pokémon X/Y. New Poké game? Yay! On 3DS? Good for them! Generation VI? How many times can they find a new region and hundreds of new Pokémon? I mean, it's getting really strange now (Nobody ever left their region for another and came back with Pokémon from that region? How does this work? Every piece of media focuses only on their own region? No world map? No logic in these, that's for sure)

Now that my off-topicness is out of the way: Another Marvel game I really look forward to :D So, when will they announce X-Men Legends III and/or Marvel: Ultimate Alliance III made by Raven Software? :D

Quote from: Suigetsu on January 08, 2013, 01:01PM
What a day! There are always great news and news about something, that makes you say, "Oh, man, enough!".

This one is great news, because I've been dreaming about this since Lego Star Wars (BTW, based on the picture, everyone who was in the Avengers movie will have their looks based on that, while others feel like the comic book version. Screw logic).

What's the news that bothers me and makes me wanna cry in a corner. Pokémon X/Y. New Poké game? Yay! On 3DS? Good for them! Generation VI? How many times can they find a new region and hundreds of new Pokémon? I mean, it's getting really strange now (Nobody ever left their region for another and came back with Pokémon from that region? How does this work? Every piece of media focuses only on their own region? No world map? No logic in these, that's for sure)

Now that my off-topicness is out of the way: Another Marvel game I really look forward to :D So, when will they announce X-Men Legends III and/or Marvel: Ultimate Alliance III made by Raven Software? :D

I would jump for joy if XML3 or MUA3 was announced. And I believe the lego sets released were for the avengers movie which is why I believe they are using those costumes, I hope they have some extra costumes or something included. I guess we could think of it as a Marvel movie crossover or something haha.

I am really excited about this game!! :D Ive played Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4, but I wont be able to play this one cuz I dont have Shader Model 3 ( the same happend with Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 and Lego Batman 2 ) So basically I wasted my money on the last two T_T But il keep them for when I get a new computer :P xD
Im sure Emma and Jean will be playable since in HP 1-4 there are alot of playables and what ive seen from videos of the second Lego HP and Batman 2 there are alot of characters there too. About 150+ ( i think ) playables per Lego Game :P

They did say over 100 playable so anything could happen. I hope they put in the Fantastic Four since Galactus is in it aswell, but who knows they don't ever really show up in anything, for what ever the reason, so hopefully they get to be involved.

Well, the articles I read talked about the Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four, Guardians of the Galaxy....Which means we will see a lot of characters from these groups and their enemies as well, most likely :D I'm so hyped, can't wait! :D

Quote from: midnightphoenix123 on January 08, 2013, 01:52PM
They did say over 100 playable so anything could happen. I hope they put in the Fantastic Four since Galactus is in it aswell, but who knows they don't ever really show up in anything, for what ever the reason, so hopefully they get to be involved.

This is because the rights to Marvel franchises are all over the place. Fantastic Four is currently licensed to 20th Century Fox rather than to Marvel Studios. I think they're trying to reclaim the rights to everything though.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Quote from: midnightphoenix123 on January 08, 2013, 01:52PM

its kinda funny mr fantastic n lego version, but im pretty sure that will be fantastic four in the game, they're always there...

Gonna buy this for me and my nephew.

Quote from: Dihan on January 09, 2013, 06:02AM
This is because the rights to Marvel franchises are all over the place. Fantastic Four is currently licensed to 20th Century Fox rather than to Marvel Studios. I think they're trying to reclaim the rights to everything though.

That's what I thought it was but everything with it gets confusing, so I usually forgot about it.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine....ions-and-more/

Lego Marvel Super Heroes will take you on a tour around New York as you swing around the city as Spider-Man, exploring famous locations such as Stark Tower, Times Square, and the Statue of Liberty in a story written by Marvel Super Hero Squad writer Mark Hoffmeier that promises to build on the themes of the Avengers film.

That's the word from the latest edition of Game Informer magazine which has the scoop on one of this year's big Lego games.

Of course Spider-Man wasn't in the Avengers movie but he'll be represented in Lego Marvel Super Heroes, using his webs to stick to surfaces, tie up enemies, pull objects and swing. He also has his spider sense.

He'll be joined by many characters from the Marvel universe including the stars of the Avengers Assemble movie Iron Man, Captain America, the Hulk, Thor, Hawkeye, and Loki. Game Informer also speculates that The Thing, Juggernaut, The Green Goblin and Magneto will be in the game based on what they've seen but that has yet to be confirmed.

In addition to Spider-Man, we also learn about some of the other character's special moves. Captain America can swing his shield at enemies, use it to complete electronic circuits and even throw it into special indentations in the walls to use it as a platform to reach higher levels.

Meanwhile Tony Stark can can hack computers and electronic devices, including a radio-controlled helicopter.

Mark Hoffmeier's story finds Loki - the brother of Thor - imprisoned. He wants to return to Asgard and asks a Marvel villain (whose identity is currently unknown) to help him. In other news, Galactus, a character who devours planets, is heading to Earth.

New York is the hub in a game that apparently features an unprecedented amount of destruction. You'll have to help reconstruct the city visiting the aforementioned Stark Tower, Times Square, and the Statue of Liberty, plus Grand Central Station, OsCorp Tower and The Raft, Marvel's equivalent of Arkham Asylum.

EDIT: Also I think it is safe to assume that all existing minifigures will be included such as Iron Fist, Doctor Doom, Beetle, Phoenix, etc.