fbExtractor V1.6, fbBuilder V1.0, and cfgBuilder V1.0 RELEASED

Started by Norrin Radd, July 29, 2007, 08:14PM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 30, 2007, 05:11PM #15 Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 05:13PM by Norrin Radd
with a name like __combined.igb i would assume that other igbs are inside that one. also, the program exctracts the other files correctly so why not this one.

edit:
i extracted several igbs from a different .fb file, so this is another reason why i assume it is extracting the __combined.igb correctly. I uses the file size given in the header of the fb to find the size of the file, so it shouldnt overshoot any file.

That makes sense. Any way that a __combined extractor is on the way? :shy:

:laugh:

July 30, 2007, 05:13PM #17 Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 05:16PM by Norrin Radd
could be, if you send me some info, i can see what i can do

edit:
by info i mean some files, and a bit of information on how they should be broken up

http://www.momoshare.com/file.php?file=bda2dfc57b3a30fcb0796ee15a77da60

That is one that comes out of tutorial1.fb. It has tutorial1.igb (the map) and several models (like containers, walls, etc) contained in it.

thanks, i'll take a look later tonight.

And, just to be clear, the files that go in actors (character models, animations) are NOT in it. Just the models that go in the "models" folder and the maps themselves.

so, in the models folder, you get this file called __combined.igb, but this __combined.igb file contains all the igbs that are suppose to be present in the SAME folder called models.

is this correct?
this would mean that all the extracted files go in the same folder.

July 30, 2007, 05:25PM #22 Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 05:44PM by BliZZ
No. __combined.igb comes out in the main folder. In it are ALL the files that would go in "models" AND the map itself which goes in maps/ActX/MapName.

EDIT: This is only for maps. Characters have "models" separately. It appears to be a fast way for the game engines to load the map and its pipes/crates/doors by bundling them together.

in the file you sent, there also appears to be a Hud\hudhead

also, some of the igbs in there are super small, i dont even know if the information between them is part of the igb or not, because its so small, maybe you want to look into that. Because if the data right after (or soon after) the filename is not part of the igb, it may be difficult to find where that information is

Well, those igbs are < 100kb, so they are small. Some VERY small.

July 30, 2007, 07:01PM #25 Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 07:14PM by Norrin Radd
since i dont see a header format (like the fb files) that says the file size for each igb within the large one, it may be difficult to define all the inner igb's. I would have to search the file for the keyword "igb" or something, but the keyword "igb" also shows up at random spots within the file.

unless someone can find out if the file size for these inner igbs is located somewhere, i may just work on adding formats to the xmlconverter before i start to work on this innerigbConverter more (unless people feel this is more urgent)

@blizz, Are you sure that when extracted these igbs are useful (from the __combined.igb) ?
because __combined.igb is an igb on its own, it just happens to contain other igbs. Is there any way to reference/load just it on the pc, and get the igbs within it, as the ps2 would load it?

No, because the PC looks for these models in different folders, whereas they are all loaded from the packages folder on the PS2.

would it be safe to assume the first part of __combined.igb, the part which has no file name, is useless for the pc?
because it doesnt have a filename, so i'm not sure what it would be called

I think that'd be a safe bet.  It probably ties the models together.